Page 95 of 255 FirstFirst ... 4585888990919293949596979899100101102105145195 ... LastLast
Results 1,223 to 1,235 of 3305
  1. #1223
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    806
    http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com...your-guns.html

    Interesting article outlining how the Russian people were disarmed. Didn't turn out very well for them when there was no means for resistance against their corrupt politicians.

    With polls showing the trust in our current crop of politicians in the single digits, I cannot see how anyone would be in favor of giving them absolute power over our very lives.
    Avatar is a tribute to my Great Grandfather, Andrew Stewart. This pin was one of his advertisements for his heating and plumbing business. I never knew him but must of inherited his love of things mechanical since I am the only blue collar worker in the family

  2. #1224
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    3,217
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    When you join the military you are sworn to FOREVER, uphold and "defend the Constitution of The United States Of America" against enemy's both foreign and domestic. Only question here is do we have to right "according to the Constitution to own/possess a firearm?
    I'll vote "Yes"
    There is nothing in the constitution that guarantees the right to drive a car so its considered a privilege so its OK to license drivers.
    The right to bear arms is not a privilege because it is constitutionally guaranteed & therefore should not be licensed. The real argument here should be whether or not to change the second amendment instead of whether or not there should be licensing or bans.
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    An engineer designs what he would never work on.
    A technician works on what he would never design.

  3. #1225
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Rochester, NY, USA
    Posts
    14,302
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Perhaps you and all others who disagree with the training idea should review the meaning of "well regulated"
    Training might not be an entirely bad thing. although I would strongly suggest that training not only include the safe handling of firearms, but also a few hours of what the laws are in your state in regards to the use of "lethal force".

    I do not think it should be mandatory, but I think if a state were to offer it, similar to a hunting license, like a one day course, I bet you would see a lot of people willing to take that type of course.

    Hell I could make it a business model and make some money at it. $25/per head plus expenses. I could make that work

    p.s. notfornothing, but I shot my USPSA last night and did fairly well, only had one miss out of 64 rounds shot
    The Last four letters


    American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats


    any questions

  4. #1226
    Quote Originally Posted by mcjo tech View Post
    So where did you get this tidbit of condecending crap?

    Out of the NRA puppet handbook?

    Or some other Tea Bagger propaganda leaflet?
    You sir with all due respect is by definition a sheep or even a better term cattle.

    mcjo you're a cow.
    FEN

  5. #1227
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    Training might not be an entirely bad thing. although I would strongly suggest that training not only include the safe handling of firearms, but also a few hours of what the laws are in your state in regards to the use of "lethal force".

    I do not think it should be mandatory, but I think if a state were to offer it, similar to a hunting license, like a one day course, I bet you would see a lot of people willing to take that type of course.

    Hell I could make it a business model and make some money at it. $25/per head plus expenses. I could make that work

    p.s. notfornothing, but I shot my USPSA last night and did fairly well, only had one miss out of 64 rounds shot
    Ok very good but what was you're % of match winner. When I stopped due to work related being on call for a month at a time I was at 85 to 87%.

    The first time I shot a State match came in 2ng in C class 3 points shy of first with a single stack to boot.

    They moved me to B class and told me I was sandbagging. Which is true.

    After all I can't hit the broad side of a barn.
    FEN

  6. #1228
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Rochester, NY, USA
    Posts
    14,302
    Quote Originally Posted by the mojo View Post
    Ok very good but what was you're % of match winner. When I stopped due to work related being on call for a month at a time I was at 85 to 87%.

    The first time I shot a State match came in 2ng in C class 3 points shy of first with a single stack to boot.

    They moved me to B class and told me I was sandbagging. Which is true.

    After all I can't hit the broad side of a barn.
    I have not received the match results yet, maybe later today. This is not an official USPSA shoot, Every Wednesday night we have a USPSA STYLE shoot, using many of the stages the USPSA uses. I am "un-ranked" because I have only shot 2 sanctioned matches, you need four to be ranked/scored. Generally speaking, I am usually in the top 25%. Usually this time of year we have 45+, people shooting the Wednesday night match. Last night we had 58 people shooting.....pretty big crowd. But we had a lot of fun and the camaraderie is great.
    The Last four letters


    American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats


    any questions

  7. #1229
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    11,871
    Quote Originally Posted by mcjo tech View Post
    So where did you get this tidbit of condecending crap?

    Out of the NRA puppet handbook?

    Or some other Tea Bagger propaganda leaflet?
    Neither.
    I got that here http://jpfo.org/

  8. #1230
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Houston,Tx.
    Posts
    16,000
    The Second Amendment is the “Guardian” of the Bill of Rights.....
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

    "Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

  9. #1231
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    17,941
    Obama and his banker masters want us disarmed before the economy collapses and will stop at nothing to disarm us. Obama knows that his policies will soon collapse the economy, and he does not want 80,000,000 plus armed citizens ticked off and looking for him.
    Mr. Bill, I believe you are spot on with this statement.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

    Theodore Roosevelt

  10. #1232
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    11,871
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    The Second Amendment is the “Guardian” of the Bill of Rights.....
    Don't bother mcjo with all these pesky facts. They don't fit his agenda, so he just dismisses them.

  11. #1233
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    17,941
    Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    Don't bother mcjo with all these pesky facts. They don't fit his agenda, so he just dismisses them.
    Exactly....I think all of us should just ignore him and maybe he will pick up his marbles and go play in the traffic.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

    Theodore Roosevelt

  12. #1234
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    11,871
    Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Exactly....I think all of us should just ignore him and maybe he will pick up his marbles and go play in the traffic.
    Consider it done.

  13. #1235
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Houston,Tx.
    Posts
    16,000
    Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Exactly....I think all of us should just ignore him and maybe he will pick up his marbles and go play in the traffic.
    But, but, he don't have any marbles.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

    "Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Page 95 of 255 FirstFirst ... 4585888990919293949596979899100101102105145195 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event