Page 91 of 255 FirstFirst ... 4181848586878889909192939495969798101141191 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,183 of 3305
    Quote Originally Posted by mcjo tech View Post
    It seems when called out on your posts stating what you have indeed posted you always reply with the Ole "I never said that arguement".

But the fact is you DID say it.

So since you say it is stupid then please explain why a certification process prior to purchasing a semi automatic firearm is in your opinion stupid and why it is a bad idea.

And again I am still waiting for your solution.
    Since I must be exactly precise with mcjo.

I support the idea of training prior to ownership of a firearm. I also take it farther than you do in supporting RE certification and continuing education of sorts in maintaining ownership of a firearm. It's not a big deal and it's a good idea.

I thought that we put that behind us pages ago. Apparently not.

My NEW point, my NEW argument as it were is this:

Where does it stop?

Let's assume (dangerous, I know, but bear with me) that you and I sat down and hammered out an agreement. Something amenable to both sides of the debate and implemented it.

Two years after full implementation of this program, we have another shooting.

What THEN?

Of course, we'll have to DO SOMETHING.

WHAT?

Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    I'm not a conservative. I'm an East Coast Ultra Conservative.
    I was educated in The Provisions State. The Land Of Steady Habits State. The Nutmeg State. The Constitution State.
    We supplied most of the food & canons for The Revolutionary War. Maybe that's why I defend The Constitution as vehemently as I do.
    So, if I'm full of anything, it's knowledge.
    Good for you

Should I somehow be impressed by your credentials and give you carte blanche.

Just because you are a Tea Partier from the east coast and edjumacaated in the Provision State.

This makes you like the Pope, "infallible" on all matters gun?

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Since I must be exactly precise with mcjo.

I support the idea of training prior to ownership of a firearm. I also take it farther than you do in supporting RE certification and continuing education of sorts in maintaining ownership of a firearm. It's not a big deal and it's a good idea.

I thought that we put that behind us pages ago. Apparently not.

My NEW point, my NEW argument as it were is this:

Where does it stop?

Let's assume (dangerous, I know, but bear with me) that you and I sat down and hammered out an agreement. Something amenable to both sides of the debate and implemented it.

Two years after full implementation of this program, we have another shooting.

What THEN?

Of course, we'll have to DO SOMETHING.

WHAT?
    How bout we start with what we both can agree on and in a couple of years or after another tragady (God help us) we agree to look at it again and re evaluate.

Sound Fair?

Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    Here is a brilliant idea. The government is looking for people to colonize Mars. Every one that wants a gun free society sign up as there will be no guns. If successful, ya'll can write a constitution making guns illegal
    I sort of figured that those libby folks were "from" Mars.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

How bout we start with what we both can agree on and in a couple of years or after another tragady (God help us) we agree to look at it again and re evaluate.

Sound Fair?
    You two should get a room. Almost nobody else here will agree to certification to own a gun and re-certification. Basically a license system.

I understand you two may like it, but it ain't gonna fly with everyone else. That is not a compromise, that is a licensing/permit requirement that could have been introduced by Hitler or Stalin.

If you would agree to a gun safety course taught in high school or something that might be a compromise situation. The license thing is not a compromise. The right to bear arms is a right, not a privilege.

A word of warning guys.. If you let them take the disliked second amendment, they will promptly go after the hated first.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    You two should get a room. Almost nobody else here will agree to certification to own a gun and re-certification. Basically a license system.

I understand you two may like it, but it ain't gonna fly with everyone else. That is not a compromise, that is a licensing/permit requirement that could have been introduced by Hitler or Stalin.

If you would agree to a gun safety course taught in high school or something that might be a compromise situation. The license thing is not a compromise. The right to bear arms is a right, not a privilege.

A word of warning guys.. If you let them take the disliked second amendment, they will promptly go after the hated first.
    You and your so called RIGHT

The Supreem Court has defined your RIGHT and it is not what you profess it to be.

You can either have a certification process or a ban.

Niether one is unconstitutional.

Your "Constitutional Right" contention is moot and not valid.

Welcome to reality.

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    http://dsc.discovery.com/news/briefs.../planebot.html

There's a lot more than just this.....but I have a feeling that if this is public knowledge that it may already be outdated technology....especially since it has been public since 2004.
    Well, after 12 years we cannot defeat UN-circumcised-retarded-camel-jokeys-for-mohammed at war in Afganistan, So I am not afraid of them.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Quote Originally Posted by koolkahuna View Post
    Actually JMAC, for clarification, the round you are talking about is not 5.56 caliber but actually 5.56mm which is the same diameter as the .223 caliber bullet.
    5.56 caliber would be 5.5 inches in diameter.

Carry on!
    you are correct, my bad......but the rest of what I said is good
    The Last four letters

American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions

Yes....and Switzerland requires training...something we do not do, and that is something mcjo is trying to do.
    I was not directly comparing Switzerland with the U.S. There is a reason that the U.S. is the most powerful country in the world. It is because Americans have lived as "FREE" citizens with Constitutional rights that keep Americans "free" from government control. I was simply stating that if the Swiss have so many guns in their homes and do not have massive gun incidents, why should Americans be expected to be controlled by government?

The Swiss are trained for military purposes because the Swiss don't have a standing army. Good for the Swiss. Americans have always had the right to bear arms, and that right allows for millions of potential victims to be spared every year. While I am all for any person who decides to own weapons to know how to properly use them, what actual difference would that make to how guns are abused in the U.S.?

Liberals are all about controlling others at the expense of overall rights. Then liberals whine about their First Amendment rights being imposed on. Why do liberals think they can demand one right that they happen to like and then demand restraints on other rights that they don't like? Why do liberals want to control others?

I know why politicians, liberal, conservative and everywhere in between, want to control the masses; MONEY and POWER! But why do average Americans who are liberal bent want those already too powerful government thugs to have so much power over Americans?

Every country that has imposed heavy government restrictions on their citizens has wound up abusing the citizens until revolution or foreign intervention frees the citizens from government tyrrany. Yet, Americans liberals continue to support government in it's quest to do exactly what these other failed countries have done....WHY?!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    So the M-16 was not designed with any superior or specialized functions? It’s a rifle just like any other?
    Here's a real "a salt" rifle you can campaign against;
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oYl-...layer_embedded

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    Since you CCW guys know lot of stats here is a question for you: What percatage of time is a CCW Holder able to draw his weapon and certail an event vs. how many times is he surprised by a gunman and not able to draw his weapon safely.

My point being that it is rare a CCW Holder will ever experience a gun related crime in his proximity and it even rarer that he will be able to draw his weapon safely and it’s rare that he will have the stability to overcome the adrenalin rush to aim safely. Seems the odds are stacked against him but as we all know, they pull it off sometimes.
    What part of "MILLIONS" of crimes have been thwarted by responsible American citizens who were armed eludes you? It doesn't matter how you try to twist the facts, guns in the hands of responsible Americans have prevented millions of more crimes than guns in the hands of criminals and nutcases have committed.

You and your so called RIGHT

The Supreem Court has defined your RIGHT and it is not what you profess it to be.

You can either have a certification process or a ban.

Niether one is unconstitutional.

Your "Constitutional Right" contention is moot and not valid.

Welcome to reality.
    You are wrong on point 1. The Supreem Court has defined your RIGHT and it is not what you profess it to be. SCOTUS has ruled in favor of the 2nd amendment as a right.

On point #... never-mind. You are just being belligerent and militant in the rest of your post. You demand certification or a ban.

I don't really mind so much you hold that position, I am offended by your apparent earlier dishonesty spewing the compromise cr@p. We went through this before, not long ago. Your opinion is as valid as anyone else, but you could at least be honest about it.

You fish for 'compromise' throughout 50 posts,... then demand : You can either have a certification process or a ban.

Basically, you are telling me [others] to go pound sand. Understood, but it would have saved the earth from a global-warming worth of band-width and many of us time if you would have just stated your position candidly from the beginning. You go fishing for 'compromise', then slam down the hammer of 'ultimatum' when you do not get your hopeful catch.

If the government did decide to do such a thing, the people would not stand a chance....armed or unarmed. You say the military members might not fight for the government.... but do they really need people with the drones and robots we have?
    You speak of government as if it were some superior entity rather than an organization comprised of Americans who want to be so powerful that they can impose control over other Americans and become super wealty elites dictating how the rest of us live.

Just who do you think is behind "the government"?

Page 91 of 255 FirstFirst ... 4181848586878889909192939495969798101141191 ... LastLast