Page 86 of 262 FirstFirst ... 367679808182838485868788899091929396136186 ... LastLast
Results 1,106 to 1,118 of 3403
    Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post

Well, you have been asking for a compromise so there it is. A gun certification/safety program for EVERY student. I have to insist on required course to graduate, because otherwise you and I both know it would not be offered or get mired in some political agenda at the local level. All children may not need the certification, but they could benefit from the safety aspect. Pass course=certified upon age requirement.
    I can agree to this, I was in JROTC in high school, we had a shooting range on campus and had a shooting competition team that traveled to surrounding states as well as competed in state, I was on that team...it was a lot of fun and taught us a lot of things.

Granted we only used pellet rifles, the point still got across to us.

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    I can agree to this, I was in JROTC in high school, we had a shooting range on campus and had a shooting competition team that traveled to surrounding states as well as competed in state, I was on that team...it was a lot of fun and taught us a lot of things.

My first gun was also a pellet gun. Same difference, that is where I also learned about gun safety. It came with a safety and instruction manual that was required study before I was allowed to have access to the actual gun itself.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

I wouldn't have such a caviler attitude about "only using pellet rifles". I respect every gun as thou it could kill me.

There's a few instances, where snipers have used them to do what snipers do.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    And even closer to the subject is that most people that carry have never seen a violent gun related act nor will they ever witness or respond to gun related violence, yet they vehemently want the right to carry and express their opinions.
    Brian,
    You are saying that UNLESS someone has seen, witnessed, or responded to a gun related act/violence, that they SHOULDN'T have the right to carry and express their opinion.

So with that logic what qualifications do you have (in your own set of rules) to vehemently express your opinion?

PS. You have just eliminated most police officers RIGHT to carry their weapon at the start of their careers. They carry BEFORE they experience it so they WILL be equipped when and if it occurs. Just like most CCW holders, most cops HOPE they will never have to use their weapon either.

Talk about closing the barn door after the cow has been stolen, raped, or killed...

Quote Originally Posted by precision hvac View Post
    If he's unarmed, the gun stays where it is. If he's carrying & threatening my life, I pick up the assault weapon & drop him where he stands.
    You are new to the thread. We have established already that pencils are just as deadly as guns. So why not pull out your pencil and attack him with that? Oh, and the gun advocates are not supposed to use the word “assault rifle” because there is no such thing.

Don’t worry; you will learn the wording rules real fast around here.

"Assault Rifle" is a look, not a function.

Quote Originally Posted by koolkahuna View Post
    Brian,
    You are saying that UNLESS someone has seen, witnessed, or responded to a gun related act/violence, that they SHOULDN'T have the right to carry and express their opinion.

So with that logic what qualifications do you have (in your own set of rules) to vehemently express your opinion?

PS. You have just eliminated most police officers RIGHT to carry their weapon at the start of their careers. They carry BEFORE they experience it so they WILL be equipped when and if it occurs. Just like most CCW holders, most cops HOPE they will never have to use their weapon either.

Talk about closing the barn door after the cow has been stolen, raped, or killed...
    You took it all wrong. I was responding to Precision’s post where he inferred that I shouldn’t be concerned with CCW law because I live in CA where it is outlawed. My response was that if CCW does not exist here, well, gun related violence does not exist in the close proximity of the majority of CCW holders lives either. Most of these arguments are about events that will never occur in our immediate proximity.

Yes....and Switzerland requires training...something we do not do, and that is something mcjo is trying to do.
    Kind of? .......

The structure of the Swiss militia system stipulates that the soldiers keep their own personal equipment, including all personally assigned weapons, at home (until 2007 this also included ammunition). Compulsory military service concerns all male Swiss citizens, with women serving voluntarily. Males usually receive initial orders at the age of 18 for military conscription eligibility screening.

About 2/3rds of those screened are accepted into service. The other third that does not get into the military (for various reasons, including intellect, physical inability, medical) MUST pay and additional 3% of there personal income tax til age 30.

so yes, the Swiss require training? not a good comparison, Unless the every American male gets drafted at age 18
    LOVE has four letters

So does BEER, DEER,GUNS AND FISH

Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    "Assault Rifle" is a look, not a function.
    So the M-16 was not designed with any superior or specialized functions? It’s a rifle just like any other?

You took it all wrong. I was responding to Precision’s post where he inferred that I shouldn’t be concerned with CCW law because I live in CA where it is outlawed. My response was that if CCW does not exist here, well, gun related violence does not exist in the close proximity of the majority of CCW holders lives either. Most of these arguments are about events that will never occur in our immediate proximity.
    My point is "never" can become "just happened" anywhere, anytime.
    The "chances" seem very small until the ball lands on your number. Depending how you are prepared determines whether you become a winner or a loser.

Quote Originally Posted by precision hvac View Post
    Your question doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Who's the threat?
    If he's unarmed, the gun stays where it is. If he's carrying & threatening my life, I pick up the assult weapon & drop him where he stands.

You misunderstood the question, it was not both, it was either or. The point is, do you have an un-natural fear of inanimate objects, the gun, or do you have a natural fear of those that would do you harm. If you have a fear of the object then you should seek counciling as the object can not hurt you by itself. If you fear the one that would do you harm then you should work toward getting those types of people off the street and away from the public.

I'll drink to this:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    LOVE has four letters

So does BEER, DEER,GUNS AND FISH

So the M-16 was not designed with any superior or specialized functions? It’s a rifle just like any other?
    An M-16 is not the same as an AR-15. But, they do 'look" smiler.

Regarding Gun Control: What is an “Assault Rifle?”

Earl Griffin
    December 22, 2012

I am more familiar with firearms than the average person. I sold them for a living for several years. I worked as a Peace Officer. I have trained on many firing ranges under the tutelage of men and woman whose instruction was of great value. I grew up hunting and shooting relationally with my late father and with my granddad. I have had an opportunity to become intimately familiar with the function and workings of a wide variety of firearms.
    photoThe AR15 is made of modern materials and because of that its detractors like to say it is something that it is not.

There is a falsehood being perpetrated upon the public. You see an “Assault Rifle,” has what is known as a selector switch. This switch allows the shooter to change the weapons function from semi automatic (like a hunting gun) to rapid fire or in some cases auto fire. Rapid fire allows the weapon to fire a burst of three rounds. Auto fire allows it to continue to fire so long as the trigger is depressed.

This is important: An AR15 is NOT an “Assault Rifle.”

It’s Military counterpart, the M16 IS an “Assault Rifle.”

The AR15 is made of modern materials and because of that its detractors like to say it is something that it is not. The AR15 is NOT an “Assault Rifle.”

The term “Assault Rifle,” is a value loaded term much like “Terrorism,” Those who wish to manipulate public sentiment like to use these kinds of terms to sway the opinions of those who don’t really know much about the topic but who love their families and want things to get “better.”

Better often means a further roll back of our Constitutional freedoms. Rolling back freedom is never better.

Here is something to think about: The AR15 is just another semi automatic firearm, much like a 12 gauge shotgun used for bird hunting or a semi automatic hunting rifle used for deer. It is not at all unlike a boy’s .22 caliber rifle used for squirrel or rabbit hunting.

The big difference is that it is made of modern materials instead of wood. If you allow the proponents of gun control to describe every semi automatic rifle (and shotguns – it is the same action) then the next step in this nefarious exercise will be to ban ALL semi automatic rifles and shotguns – that means your hunting weapons. It also means your family heirlooms passed down from granddad or dad.

In conclusion let me repeat: The AR15 is just another semi automatic rifle with a fancy stock made of modern materials. It is not a “Machine Gun,” or an “Assault Rifle.” No amount of describing it this way will change this.

People who use those terms either don’t know what an “Assault Rifle” really is or they are perpetrating a mean spirited falsehood designed ultimately to rob you of your 2nd Amendment rights.

Do your own homework. Do your own thinking. Don’t get carried away by emotion as doing so makes it easier for others to exert control over you.

Protect every word of the Constitution. Stand firm against those who would see your rights curtailed. They will not be satisfied until there is no Second Amendment.

Page 86 of 262 FirstFirst ... 367679808182838485868788899091929396136186 ... LastLast