Page 81 of 255 FirstFirst ... 317174757677787980818283848586878891131181 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,053 of 3305
  1. #1041
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    11,847

  2. #1042
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    S.E. Pa
    Posts
    6,140
    http://www.philly.com/philly/news/br..._expected.html

    One of his charges is possessing "an instrument of crime", meaning the knife. Maybe we should regulate knives that hold an edge longer than ordinary knives... That would tend to reduce the number of slashings from one sharpening session. That is, unless he carried multiple "instruments of crime". Then again, there is that blade length to regulate so they can only penetrate just so far...

  3. #1043
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,923
    Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    Exactly why, more and more, I love my country but fear my government.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  4. #1044
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,923
    Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    http://www.philly.com/philly/news/br..._expected.html

    One of his charges is possessing "an instrument of crime", meaning the knife. Maybe we should regulate knives that hold an edge longer than ordinary knives... That would tend to reduce the number of slashings from one sharpening session. That is, unless he carried multiple "instruments of crime". Then again, there is that blade length to regulate so they can only penetrate just so far...
    You may want to watch what you say. Eventually these elitists will want to regulate us just for being White males!
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  5. #1045
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    forney texas
    Posts
    17,890
    I'm not real fond of hand guns myself. They are to small and I can barely hit the broad side if a barn with one. That being said , i would only get rid of my RIA 1911 .45 for a colt, remington or springfield 1911 .45

  6. #1046
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    11,847

  7. #1047
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    4,248
    Quote Originally Posted by ControlsInMT View Post
    That's just wrong!!!
    Yeah I know. But it made me chuckle as it flowed from brain to fingers. With my dry sense of humor it's no wonder I never get invited to cocktail parties.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

  8. #1048
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    4,248
    FACT: I can kill a person with my car keys, a #2 pencil, or a lollipop stick, or rolled up sheet of newspaper etc. etc.

    An instrument of death can be made of anything in the HANDS OF A HUMAN, because it is the hands that ultimately carry out the evil act of the evil minded.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

  9. #1049
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,268
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post
    FACT: I can kill a person with my car keys, a #2 pencil, or a lollipop stick, or rolled up sheet of newspaper etc. etc.

    An instrument of death can be made of anything in the HANDS OF A HUMAN, because it is the hands that ultimately carry out the evil act of the evil minded.
    Very true....but what is a more dangerous instrument of death? Your keys, a pencil, a lollipop stick, a rolled up newspaper, or a pistol?

    That's the difference.

  10. #1050
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    4,248
    There is no difference when anything is used to purposefully cause injury or death. I can kill just as many people with a pencil then I can with a loaded weapon. It would take longer and the death would be more painful, that is the only difference. Think man think!
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

  11. #1051
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Rochester, NY, USA
    Posts
    14,193
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    Did it ever occur to you that I cannot threaten you in any way?
    did it ever occur to you, even though I carry a gun I can not threaten you in any way.
    BEING AN ADULT

    is the dumbest thing I have ever done

  12. #1052
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    25,400
    Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    Brian, I don't have a CCW. I don't see the need for me personally..However, I could care less if anyone that wanted one had a CCW. On the other hand , I don't ride bicycles either, nor to I care if others want to. I do have guns and transportation because I want them.

    And, HERE is the difference between logical thought and paralyzing fear.

    acmanko is thinking logically, here:

    "I don't want to carry a gun, but I think that others should be permitted to"

    Brian, on the other hand, thinks:

    "I don't want to carry a gun, I don't trust anyone who doesn't wear a magical Jedi uniform, so nobody should be allowed to carry a gun"

    Brian,

    Can you provide any evidence to support your irrational fears?

  13. #1053
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    25,400
    jmac00

    I'm taking your advice and looking into a local IDPA league.

    Hopefully, I can keep up with those 9mm/.40 cal guys with my little 5 shot .357...


Page 81 of 255 FirstFirst ... 317174757677787980818283848586878891131181 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event