Page 80 of 268 FirstFirst ... 307073747576777879808182838485868790130180 ... LastLast
Results 1,028 to 1,040 of 3472
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    I can’t imagine having such a fear of the general public.

Your odds of getting killed in a traffic accident are far greater than being shot by a gunman. They don’t usually use guns to shoot people anyway. They use them to get what they want. When that scenario is met by a CCW holder it will quickly escalate to a shootout, which it might not have been otherwise. But I am supposed to trust these guys with guns under their jackets to act accordingly even though they have no training. I’ll take my chances with handing over my wallet and car rather than relying on some yahoo to exact instant justice in front of me.
    This reminds me of the old lady who was pulled over by a cop for a routine check. The cop asked her if she had any firearms in the vehicle. The old lady answered, yes, I have a .357 in my purse, a 9mm in my glove compartment, a short barreled shotgun in my trunk and a derringer in a leg holster, all of them legally regestered and I have a carry permit.

The cop then asked the old lady; What in the world are you afraid of? To which the old lady answered; Not a damned thing, sonny!

I do not fear the general public at all. Did I not already state that I am comforted by knowing that when I cannot carry a weapon that there are most likely others in the general population that are carrying?

You are the one who seems to be so afraid of the general public that you do not want anyone to be able to have guns. That would be all well and good if the bad guys could not get guns...but that is not reality. You live in some sort of fantasy world where everyone is neutered and there are no bad people and government agencies can protect us every minute of every day.

You are the one who has no faith in your fellow man, and evidentely no faith in yourself. So do yourself a favor and just relax...as long as others are allowed to bear arms, we will keep you safe from the bad people, and the police can write up your report as a witness to the bad people being subdued rather than someone else's report about how you were killed by some bad person.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by mcjo tech View Post

Not a one of you is smart enough to realize that because you won the forum battle here in the end you are going to lose the war.

So, it looks like you capitulate then.

(Smartest words you've "spoken" on this topic so far.)

Cease to resist an opponent or an unwelcome demand; surrender.

I don’t care much what other people do either. I just don’t want them around me when they perceive danger or see someone with a gun. I have the prerogative not to trust them and to have an opinion as to why they carry in the first place.
    When have you ever been inconvenienced by a CCP person being around you? Here's what I think, Brian, and this is just a personal opinion based on observation of your posts; I think you are willing to write anything you can think of in order to get others to do what you want them to do.

You've already posted that you have some whacked out thinking that those of us who carry weapons because we are exposed to bad areas must live in big cities because we are greedy people who care more about making money than about the safety of our families. YES, BRIAN, you did write those words.

You can't be just some bleeding heart liberal because you would then expect service people to work in bad areas to provide service for those living off of the government teat. So tell us, Brian, what is your deal? You some sort of naturalist living in a solar powered log cabin hating hunters because they kill the little animals that you refuse to eat because you have devoted your life to being a vegan? C'mon...let us in.

You have completely ignored the posts citing the "MILLIONS" of crimes that are thwarted each year by responsible armed citizens. Yet you continue to just make up scenarios to have excuses for why you want to tell others what we should have a right to do. Here's a thought, Brian; if you don't want to be around those who prefer to exercize their right to bear arms, how about YOU just stay away from everyone instead of telling everyone else how to live?

Just why is someone who is not in HVAC trolling an HVAC site, anyway? Do you cruise the internet just to argue with people about their rights as American's? Do you just look for anyplace you can find in the hopes that you can convince others that you have some sort of a right to tell others what we can do?

Here's another thought, Brian; post a picture of yourself and tell us all where you are going to be everyday. That way, we can try to avoid being where you are, but if we can't avoid being near you and you find yourself in harm's way of some bad person, we can recognize you and not lift a finger to try to stop you from being shot, beaten, kidnapped or raped. Is that fair, Brian?

Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post
    Hey Brian....you have made some really wild accusations in this thread. Not interested in visiting all of them, but I am curious....can you site one instance where a CCW holder pulled their weapon, fired a shot or not, where the situation turned out in innocent bystanders, such as yourself, were injured or killed? No cheating by searching the internet....I want an honest answer to what your knowledge is based upon right now.
    I’ve been thinking about it all afternoon and it’s hard to put into words why I don’t like handgun. I think they bring out the worst in bad people and the worst in good people too. You all seem like a lot of nice guys but I would like you all a lot less if I knew you needed a loaded gun under your jacket.

You all seem to be fixed on going down to the level of being willing to take a life just like they are. As if you have run out of ways to keep yourself safe or you want revenge on those that run amuck in society. All I know is I do not like the mindset required to carry a loaded weapon or to create scenarios in my mind where I can successfully kill a dirt bag.

In martial arts they say not to resist the force but to step aside and let it pass. Focusing so much energy on carrying deadly weapons draws that energy toward you…and it is not good energy. Robo, you’re the Bible reader. I’m sure there are many passages that refer to this.

This may not make sense to many here, and that is OK, but it does me.

FYI IMHO: Your analogy of riding motorcycles and bicycles being dangerous and making you brave......really pretty funny.
    I was only responding to a claim of having no gonads. I put myself in life threaten situations every other day which is far more than many here. If you call it stupid, well, there are a lot of other sports you could be using that term on too.

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    When have you ever been inconvenienced by a CCP person being around you? Here's what I think, Brian, and this is just a personal opinion based on observation of your posts; I think you are willing to write anything you can think of in order to get others to do what you want them to do.

You've already posted that you have some whacked out thinking that those of us who carry weapons because we are exposed to bad areas must live in big cities because we are greedy people who care more about making money than about the safety of our families. YES, BRIAN, you did write those words.

You can't be just some bleeding heart liberal because you would then expect service people to work in bad areas to provide service for those living off of the government teat. So tell us, Brian, what is your deal? You some sort of naturalist living in a solar powered log cabin hating hunters because they kill the little animals that you refuse to eat because you have devoted your life to being a vegan? C'mon...let us in.

You have completely ignored the posts citing the "MILLIONS" of crimes that are thwarted each year by responsible armed citizens. Yet you continue to just make up scenarios to have excuses for why you want to tell others what we should have a right to do. Here's a thought, Brian; if you don't want to be around those who prefer to exercize their right to bear arms, how about YOU just stay away from everyone instead of telling everyone else how to live?

Just why is someone who is not in HVAC trolling an HVAC site, anyway? Do you cruise the internet just to argue with people about their rights as American's? Do you just look for anyplace you can find in the hopes that you can convince others that you have some sort of a right to tell others what we can do?

Here's another thought, Brian; post a picture of yourself and tell us all where you are going to be everyday. That way, we can try to avoid being where you are, but if we can't avoid being near you and you find yourself in harm's way of some bad person, we can recognize you and not lift a finger to try to stop you from being shot, beaten, kidnapped or raped. Is that fair, Brian?
    Did it ever occur to you that I cannot threaten you in any way?

I’ve been thinking about it all afternoon and it’s hard to put into words why I don’t like handgun. I think they bring out the worst in bad people and the worst in good people too. You all seem like a lot of nice guys but I would like you all a lot less if I knew you needed a loaded gun under your jacket.

You all seem to be fixed on going down to the level of being willing to take a life just like they are. As if you have run out of ways to keep yourself safe or you want revenge on those that run amuck in society. All I know is I do not like the mindset required to carry a loaded weapon or to create scenarios in my mind where I can successfully kill a dirt bag.

In martial arts they say not to resist the force but to step aside and let it pass. Focusing so much energy on carrying deadly weapons draws that energy toward you…and it is not good energy. Robo, you’re the Bible reader. I’m sure there are many passages that refer to this.

I was only responding to a claim of having no gonads. I put myself in life threaten situations every other day which is far more than many here. If you call it stupid, well, there are a lot of other sports you could be using that term on too.

Having guns is exactly like having learning martial arts Brian. Some see it as a tool to be respected and act accordingly. Others get a huge kick out of it and act a fool. Every argument that can be made about firearms applies to martial arts.

Brian, you speak of Martial Arts, did you ever read Bruce Lee's biography? He carried all kinds of weapons including hand guns.
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

seriously. some of your comments are just ridiculous. so if you meet a girl and three months into dating her you found out she carried a gun, you would break up with her?

You all seem to be fixed on going down to the level of being willing to take a life just like they are.
    absolutely, if "they" threaten to kill me (and some did over the summer) I have the GOD GIVEN RIGHT to protect myself and my loved ones. This not a right written on a piece of paper. Every living thing on this planet has defense mechanisms, some flee, some use camouflage, some have claws and teeth, other have horns/antlers, I have a gun.

As if you have run out of ways to keep yourself safe or you want revenge on those that run amuck in society. All I know is I do not like the mindset required to carry a loaded weapon or to create scenarios in my mind where I can successfully kill a dirt bag.
    I (we) keep ourselves safe by minding out own business. I don't go looking for trouble, never have. I don't know of anyone with a gun that does go looking for trouble. I know what areas of my city are bad, I don't go there if I don't have to. AFA the revenge comment, I couldn't careless what anyone else does. You want to run down the city streets naked with your hair on fire, knockyourselfout. Just don't threaten me or my family or any of my friends. MY firearm is my "last resort" mechanism. I don't run so well anymore. My back is messed up, knees hurt, neck hurts and I have arthritis in my fingers. But I still go to work everyday.

Yep, thats all well and good when that force is one-on-one.....what'cha going to do when its three on one. Flip them the bird and die anyway....good one?

I guess what doesn't make any sense is a pacifist trying there best to convince everyone else that we need to be pacifists to? If you don't want to carry a gun, thats fine. NO ONE is trying to convince you to run out and buy one. If I have the God Given right and the LEGAL RIGHT to use a firearm for self-defense, hunting, target practice and competition why are you so bent on trying to tell me (us) that you don't want a gun or that we should not own a firearm to.

Let it go, and go away. I think everyone, including you have made your possition perfectly clear. You don't like guns...Fine....we do like guns.....go away. Enough said
    I only drink a little, but when I do
    I turn into another person and THAT person drinks a lot

Over a thousand posts on this thread and only one of the conservs here is willing to at least consider a compromise to some type of certification prior to purchasing a semi automatic firearm.

Because of this unwillingness to give an inch the government IS going to ban these weapons sooner rather then later.

I guess you all think you won something here.

When the fact is your inability or unwillingness to compromise is going to ultimately cost you your guns.

Not a one of you is smart enough to realize that because you won the forum battle here in the end you are going to lose the war.

Good luck keeping those precious guns

You are going to need it.
    I believe Ben Franklin said it best :
    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither .... He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither.
    I only drink a little, but when I do
    I turn into another person and THAT person drinks a lot

Over a thousand posts on this thread and only one of the conservs here is willing to at least consider a compromise to some type of certification prior to purchasing a semi automatic firearm.

Because of this unwillingness to give an inch the government IS going to ban these weapons sooner rather then later.

I guess you all think you won something here.

When the fact is your inability or unwillingness to compromise is going to ultimately cost you your guns.

Good luck keeping those precious guns

You are going to need it.
    You have a valid point even though I don't totally agree with you. It's not so much the regulation of certain types of weapons that is the concern but whether that regulation opens the door for more & more. Just like a lot of gun advocates don't want to bend so do those who want to regulate have a stronger agenda than what we see. The difference is we are up front as to where we are about what we consider protecting our rights & freedom. I consider myself a peaceful person, I don't even hunt & yet I do own a gun. I don't have a CWP because I have no desire to have a gun with me but that is my choice. Most of my liberal friends can't understand why I'm a strong gun advocate knowing my personality. I even consider myself very liberal but I will always chose freedom over safety. The bottom line to me is taking away a gun is taking away a freedom that many have died to preserve. I believe you are right that we probably will lose the gun battle eventually because fear will usually outweigh logic. Whenever a tragedy hits emotions run high & fear has a tendency to take over logic. The law was already in place that did not allow a gun on school property & it was no deterrent to the criminal. Where is the logic that not allowing gun ownership would be a deterrent to criminals? Statistics have proven stricter gun laws have not deterred crime & in some cases have had the opposite effect, so does your stance really come from logic or is it emotional?
    Last edited by garyed; 01-08-2013 at 10:08 AM. Reason: punctuation
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    An engineer designs what he would never work on.
    A technician works on what he would never design.

First of all, I want to make it abundantly clear that I was not referring that you are stupid for riding bicycles or motorcycles. I raced motorcycles, mostly Motocross, but also Desert, including Hare and Hounds. I was young and had little to know fear....racing across the Desert in 4th and 5th gear WFO was not brave, it was stupid, but it was/is the sport.

I think what you can't get passed is that we all internalize and process things differently and consequently feel different about the same situation or set of circumstances. Men vs Women process information very differently and often have very dissimilar emotions over the same set of circumstances. I don't argue that there are some CCW holders that get a rush from carrying a weapon, a false sense of courage, but I do not think the majority of them do. Some men walk past Virtcoria's Secret in the Mall and say...Wow, my wife/GF would look hot in that. Other men think to themselves...Wow, I would look hot in that. Not for me judge what goes through each mans head as he passes by that window....nor is it yours to judge all that CCW. Just saying.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post
    First of all, I want to make it abundantly clear that I was not referring that you are stupid for riding bicycles or motorcycles. I raced motorcycles, mostly Motocross, but also Desert, including Hare and Hounds. I was young and had little to know fear....racing across the Desert in 4th and 5th gear WFO was not brave, it was stupid, but it was/is the sport.

I think what you can't get passed is that we all internalize and process things differently and consequently feel different about the same situation or set of circumstances. Men vs Women process information very differently and often have very dissimilar emotions over the same set of circumstances. I don't argue that there are some CCW holders that get a rush from carrying a weapon, a false sense of courage, but I do not think the majority of them do. Some men walk past Virtcoria's Secret in the Mall and say...Wow, my wife/GF would look hot in that. Other men think to themselves...Wow, I would look hot in that. Not for me judge what goes through each mans head as he passes by that window....nor is it yours to judge all that CCW. Just saying.
    That's just wrong!!!
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

Did it ever occur to you that I cannot threaten you in any way?
    Who says you are a threat to me? I'm just having fun with you because I personally think that your way of thinking about the rights of American's to bear arms is as silly as you think those of who exercise that right are.

Incidentally, you are completely wrong about those of us who carry defense weapons feeling a "need" to do so. Most of us don't "need" to carry weapons, we "choose" to carry weapons. As I have mentioned many times before in this thread, when a person chooses to carry a defensive weapon, they most times do so after very carefully choosing to be responsible for the actions that may be taken with that weapon. I know of no one who carry's a defensive firearm who is not a very responsible person when it comes to that firearm. In most cases, no one will ever even know that someone in their presence is carrying a defensive firearm.

Shortly after Florida eased it's laws on carrying firearms, there was an article in the newspaper about a thwarted robbery in a Denny's restaurant. It appears that the would be robber felt he had chosen a soft target because most of the patrons were senior citizens. Moments after displaying his own gun he was using to rob the restaurant, this guy has dozens of guns aimed at him from dozens of the senior citizen patrons. Facing guns pointed in his direction from every angle, the guy just dropped his own weapon and stayed where he was standing until the police arrived to arrest him.

There are literally millions of such stories for how guns in the hands of responsible American citizens prevent gun crimes every year. Yet some elitist thinking dictator wannabes out there want to change the game and give the criminals an edge over responsible citizens. Does that even make the least bit of sense?

Oh, and it was Brian who fired the first shot calling others cowards. Posts referring to gonads were in direct response to Brian's attack on others. Another typical leftist ploy of starting a battle and then whining when it turns on them.

Page 80 of 268 FirstFirst ... 307073747576777879808182838485868790130180 ... LastLast