Page 8 of 255 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151858108 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mcjo tech View Post
    Also from the Supreem Court:

(2) Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose: For example, concealed weapons prohibitions have been upheld under the Amendment or state analogues. The Court’s opinion should not be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms. Miller’s holding that the sorts of weapons protected are those “in common use at the time” finds support in the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of dangerous and unusual weapons

So it is not unconstitutional for the government to limit the purchase of semi automatic rifles if it can be passed thru congress and signed by the president.

Therefore your contention that their rights to bear arms are being infringed upon is moot.

I do however think that you have some valid points regarding why these massacres are occurring and they should also be addressed.

You point out perhaps why but offer no solutions.
    go back and watch that video, "whats an assault weapon"

watch it all the way through. You can watch as the officer "magically" changes a standard hunting rifle into an "assault weapon" right before your eyes simply by changing the "furniture" on the firearm.

What is the real problem, it's mental health. We must stop using the prison system to house the mentally disturbed. These people need treatment. They need professionals that understand how they think and why they think the way they do.

Adam Lanza, did try to purchase a firearm. The National Instant background check system (NICS) WORKED, he was refused and could not buy a firearm.

His mother, Nancy Lanza was trying to engage her son in a family activity by taking him to a Rifle range. Adam is(was) a functional autistic child with behavioral problems. I can certainly understand a parent trying desperately to engage her child in something that she thought he could handle. She was wrong. But can you blame her? Have you ever been around an autistic child.

you should read this in it's entirety

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...enough-667485/

and this to

http://ideas.time.com/2012/12/17/the...lanzas-mother/
    BEING AN ADULT

is the dumbest thing I have ever done

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post

watch it all the way through. You can watch as the officer "magically" changes a standard hunting rifle into an "assault weapon" right before your eyes simply by changing the "furniture" on the firearm.

What is the real problem, it's mental health. We must stop using the prison system to house the mentally disturbed. These people need treatment. They need professionals that understand how they think and why they think the way they do.

Adam Lanza, did try to purchase a firearm. The National Instant background check system (NICS) WORKED, he was refused and could not buy a firearm.

His mother, Nancy Lanza was trying to engage her son in a family activity by taking him to a Rifle range. Adam is(was) a functional autistic child with behavioral problems. I can certainly understand a parent trying desperately to engage her child in something that she thought he could handle. She was wrong. But can you blame her? Have you ever been around an autistic child.

and this to

Yes I can blame her.

Having a gun and not securing it properly is only HER fault. No one elses.

She engaged him all right. Engaged him to place 4 bullets into her head and massacre 26 other innocent children and teachers.

You all of the so called party of taking personal responsibility shrugging this one off just because you don't want any discussion to be about guns only about other issues you desperately try to deflect your arguement towards.

Yeah right.

Also we have had a ban on assault rifles before and you all are about to get another one. Not unconstitutional regardless of those contending it is in previous posts.

What I proposed was not a ban but a solution to a ban that included those who want to posess a semi automatic weapon have to go thru tougher rules. Thats all.

But you all don't want to discuss that.

So be it.

Just like before you conservs with your lack of compromise will end up once again being bit in your a$$.

You didn't get your man in last time.

You will not get a compromise on taxes and spending cuts.

And you will get a ban on your guns and accessories.

Perhaps you conservs might want to consider taking another path as the one you are presently on seems to not be working out so well for you.
    Last edited by mcjo tech; 12-23-2012 at 07:29 PM.

and this to

The mini 14 is based off the M-14 so I wouldnt exactly call it a common hunting rifle.. and as far as those AR clones.... the sporter/hunting type ak in the vid is based off of the more sinister looking brothers.

Were Mini 14s banned during the assault weapons ban ??? I dont remember.... Ive owned 2 of them...one blue and one stainless and I kept the wood stocks on both of them cause I liked the wood stocks better than the aftermarket ones. Had large cap mags for them but Ive always preferred 20 round mags in anything as opposed to 30 round or larger round mags.

One of my favorite...plinking guns.. is/was an older .30 cal carbine.... it is just a nice gun for gun for throwing behind the seat of the truck. Just have 15 round mags for it though....but of course that is fine with me.

Wood stocks are nice...... but not those thumbhole stocks they put on assault type weapons after the first ban...... those were some ugly guns.....and they should have all been melted down and the owners punished for having bad taste in weapons choice.

As far as Adam... that boy should have been rounded up and sent off years ago.... and his mommy....knowing she had the makings of a maniac around....should have kept those guns locked up better.

Of course...she may have....had the guns locked up You take a psycho like her boy and he can probably fiqure out a way to get into a locked closet, gun cabinet or even a gun safe.....
    One things for _______ sure, ________ rock didnt land on ______ sorry ___. That ___ __ _ _____ wasnt nowhere near _______ a _______ years ago. __ aint even a ______, __ is half _______ and half ________.

Yes I can blame her.

She engaged him all right. Engaged him to place 4 bullets into her head and massacre 26 other innocent children and teachers.

You all of the so called party of taking personal responsibility shrugging this one off just because you don't want any discussion to be about guns only about other issues you desperately try to deflect your arguement towards.

Yeah right.

Also we have had a ban on assault rifles before and you all are about to get another one. Not unconstitutional regardless of those contending it is in previous posts.

What I proposed was not a ban but a solution to a ban that included those who want to posess a semi automatic weapon have to go thru tougher rules. Thats all.

So be it.

Just like before you conservs with your lack of compromise will end up once again being bit in your a$$.

Perhaps you conservs might want to consider taking another path as the one you are presently on seems to not be working out so well for you.
    I think you have left the 'discussion zone' and entered the 'go pound sand zone'.

We were all discussing guns, then you bring up taxes and spending cuts.....

I am guessing you do not like the logical arguments presented here, and want to think about something else to escape the noise. The noise, the noise, why else change the subject?

Why such a provocative statement? You got a crystal ball or something?
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

To the OP...

Reading some of the posts in this thread has compelled me to answer the question fist asked...

"Why do you feel the need to own a gun?"

My "short answer". Ever heard the term, if you have it you wont need it? I am hoping that this is indeed true.

The slightly longer answer; There are few ways to better protect yourself and your family than a firearm in a situation where you have something that someone else wants as far as survival.

Having lived through the Loma Prieta earthquake of 1989 and seeing how many people reacted after not having power, water, a home etc, it realigned my priorities as far as personal protection.

If something like that happens again, at least I will be able to protect, or have the ability to protect my family if things get too bad. If one person has something as simple as clean water or a warm place to sleep and several thousand do not, it only takes two or three of those people to be desperate enough to try and take it from you.

I will not be left with no way to fight for it....

GT
    If a day goes by and you have learned nothing, I hope you got a lot of sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    I think you have left the 'discussion zone' and entered the 'go pound sand zone'.

We were all discussing guns, then you bring up taxes and spending cuts.....

I am guessing you do not like the logical arguments presented here, and want to think about something else to escape the noise. The noise, the noise, why else change the subject?

Why such a provocative statement? You got a crystal ball or something?
    No what I wanted to discuss was a reasonable compromise to semi automatic weapons ownership instead of a ban on them.

I have not seen any real discussion on that topic.

Perhaps I am mistaken but feel free to show me where I missed it.

It is apparent from their previous posts that the conservs are not willing to discuss this so..........

as it has occurred in the past for them their lack of compromise will only lead to their defeat.

Please feel free to correct me by posting what you feel I have mistaken as their discussion points on this specific issue as anything other then what I perceived them to be.

And yes I recently dusted off my crystal ball for just such an occasion.

Yes I can blame her.

Yeah right.

So be it.

OMG, did you have any special needs kids? Im guessing you do not. stop blaming the firearm.

lets start talking about whats really bothering you, your complete lack of compassion for the mentally ill. Your complete lack of understanding of what it takes to be the parent of a special needs child.

Stop putting the mentally ill in prison and start getting these people the medication they not only need, but deserve.

or you can take the easy Idiotic liberal way out and blame an inanimate object for all the worlds problems

The density of the liberal brain is astounding.
    BEING AN ADULT

is the dumbest thing I have ever done

No what I wanted to discuss was a reasonable compromise to semi automatic weapons ownership instead of a ban on them.

I have not seen any real discussion on that topic.

Perhaps I am mistaken but feel free to show me where I missed it.

It is apparent from their previous posts that the conservs are not willing to discuss this so..........

as it has occurred in the past for them their lack of compromise will only lead to their defeat.

Please feel free to correct me by posting what you feel I have mistaken as their discussion points on this specific issue as anything other then what I perceived them to be.

And yes I recently dusted off my crystal ball for just such an occasion.
    Many of the gun laws that you liberals wanted in place are already in place. Solved nothing. I cannot buy a simple revolver without an FBI check in Texas. Unless you can come up with something more practical than "MAKE THAT ILLEGAL" I figure you are just spewing nonsense. Utopian, imaginary brain-dead nonsense.

Hint: making stuff illegal does not make it magically disappear.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    Many of the gun laws that you liberals wanted in place are already in place. Solved nothing. I cannot buy a simple revolver without an FBI check in Texas. Unless you can come up with something more practical than "MAKE THAT ILLEGAL" I figure you are just spewing nonsense. Utopian, imaginary brain-dead nonsense.

Hint: making stuff illegal does not make it magically disappear.
    So this is your response to my previolus post where you accused me of missing some prevoius discussion points.

Doesn't seem to me that you were able to find any.

To be specific we could enact that the the purchaser of a automatic rifle has to pass new gun rules for ownership.

These may include some psychological test

A indepth background check with interviews of friends and neighbors

A much longer waiting period

Completion of more intensive gun training program with approved instructor.

An inspection of your gun safe. Or proof you have one.

So Tool are these specific and practical enough for you?

As I have stated previously:

I don't want to take away what I consider is your right to have a firearm.

I just want some additional guidelines but in place for the semi automatic ones.

But you all continue to not be willing to compromise at all on this issue and IMO you will get them banned instead.

Carry On!

OMG, did you have any special needs kids? Im guessing you do not. stop blaming the firearm.

lets start talking about whats really bothering you, your complete lack of compassion for the mentally ill. Your complete lack of understanding of what it takes to be the parent of a special needs child.

Stop putting the mentally ill in prison and start getting these people the medication they not only need, but deserve.

or you can take the easy Idiotic liberal way out and blame an inanimate object for all the worlds problems

The density of the liberal brain is astounding.
    This post is so ridiculous and out of line it doesn't even deserve a comment.

So this is your response to my previolus post where you accused me of missing some prevoius discussion points.

Doesn't seem to me that you were able to find any.

To be specific we could enact that the the purchaser of a automatic rifle has to pass new gun rules for ownership.

These may include some psychological test

A indepth background check with interviews of friends and neighbors

A much longer waiting period

Completion of more intensive gun training program with approved instructor.

An inspection of your gun safe. Or proof you have one.

So Tool are these specific and practical enough for you?

As I have stated previously:

I don't want to take away what I consider is your right to have a firearm.

I just want some additional guidelines but in place for the semi automatic ones.

But you all continue to not be willing to compromise at all on this issue and IMO you will get them banned instead.

Carry On!
    You have nutty suggestions, nothing more.

There was already everything you suggested in place before the recent disaster. Other than 'an inspection of your gun safe'. And to that I say no way man.

You can go pound sand.

This post is so ridiculous and out of line it doesn't even deserve a comment.
    Speechless. You do not have a response. Good post Jmac.

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    I'm not sure that acmanko is referring to the modern day liberal.

I've been doing some reading and believe that my beliefs fall much more in like with classic liberalism. It's just that modern liberals haven't a clue what they're talking about.

Small government, personal freedom and accountability. Liberty, liberal. The words are quite close.

I think that the 'liberal' movement has been hijacked.
    Over the years, Ace has pulled that wool out of the closet and tried to spread it over an ARP discussion... saying liberal and libertarian and liberty are the same... Then he will try to say conservatives are the enemy. Just watch...

Guy is playing games.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Page 8 of 255 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151858108 ... LastLast