Page 78 of 255 FirstFirst ... 286871727374757677787980818283848588128178 ... LastLast
Results 1,002 to 1,014 of 3305
    Well Brian I guess all that is left to say is you have narrowed down the places you are willing to live! Best of luck to you in Cali and all of the illegal gun owners there.
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

the top five cities in the U.S, with the highest Murder rates, in order:

1)New York — 515

2)Chicago — 431

3)Detroit — 344

4)Philadelphia — 324

5)Los Angeles — 297

New York City and Chicago have the most restrictive gun laws. NO GUNS ALLOWED (Hand guns or long guns are prohibited. Even a NY state CCW holder CAN NOT TAKE THERE LEGALLY OWNED FIREARM INTO NYC) within the city limits. Yet there murder rate is the tops in the nation.

If no guns are allowed, and law enforcement is doing there job, explain to me how these cities have such a high murder rate.

Could it be that the CRIMINALS are to blame? If thats the case~~~~

why is the government trying to take my LEGALLY OWNED guns away? I didn't do anything. Why is the government NOT going after the bad guy.
    BEING AN ADULT

is the dumbest thing I have ever done

Hey Brian....you have made some really wild accusations in this thread. Not interested in visiting all of them, but I am curious....can you site one instance where a CCW holder pulled their weapon, fired a shot or not, where the situation turned out in innocent bystanders, such as yourself, were injured or killed? No cheating by searching the internet....I want an honest answer to what your knowledge is based upon right now.

FYI IMHO: Your analogy of riding motorcycles and bicycles being dangerous and making you brave......really pretty funny. I used to ride my Kawi as fast as I could in Laurel Canyon and play Can Am racer. I did so in shorts and no shirt. That did not mean I was brave......that just meant I was stupid. LOL (And I payed for it with a big road rash on my left but cheek and some other injuries after a fall)
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    DW, glad to see ya and hope all is going ok!

Best wishes your way.

-Ed
    Thanks.
    You know I had to get involved in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post
    Hey Brian....you have made some really wild accusations in this thread. Not interested in visiting all of them, but I am curious....can you site one instance where a CCW holder pulled their weapon, fired a shot or not, where the situation turned out in innocent bystanders, such as yourself, were injured or killed? No cheating by searching the internet....I want an honest answer to what your knowledge is based upon right now.

FYI IMHO: Your analogy of riding motorcycles and bicycles being dangerous and making you brave......really pretty funny. I used to ride my Kawi as fast as I could in Laurel Canyon and play Can Am racer. I did so in shorts and no shirt. That did not mean I was brave......that just meant I was stupid. LOL (And I payed for it with a big road rash on my left but cheek and some other injuries after a fall)
    Brave means doing what needs to be done in spite of your fear. Having no fear just means your stupid. Alot of people don't seem to know the difference so I'm glad to see at least one does.

I must use that business credo. Thanks.

Dude, you need medication....badly.

To the poster that reminded us of a time when there were no school shootings but total access to guns, you are correct. To the poster that says he won't hurt animals but has no problem taking a human life, you tried to make it seem that the other person had to be in the wrong, but what you really mean is that he only has to be wrong in YOUR opinion, which you make you a god. To all the posters that feel like the government is going to take away all your freedoms, why do you even bother to vote? The people that WE send to Washington are suppose to be our neighbors, how many Washington politicians live in your neighborhood? If we each start to examine our own minds and attitudes we could begin to make this country better; instead of blaming each other for the way things are.

Quote Originally Posted by dbailey View Post
    To the poster that reminded us of a time when there were no school shootings but total access to guns, you are correct. To the poster that says he won't hurt animals but has no problem taking a human life, you tried to make it seem that the other person had to be in the wrong, but what you really mean is that he only has to be wrong in YOUR opinion, which you make you a god. To all the posters that feel like the government is going to take away all your freedoms, why do you even bother to vote? The people that WE send to Washington are suppose to be our neighbors, how many Washington politicians live in your neighborhood? If we each start to examine our own minds and attitudes we could begin to make this country better; instead of blaming each other for the way things are.
    I blame the goofs we sent to Washington 30 years ago with intention of making things better, who knew they would make it a career of screwing us and turning us into a third world country. Politicians don't live in any of our neighborhoods, they all live in gated communities with personal body guards. Now if your doing such a great job of running the country, WTH do you need a body guard?

For the record, the Constitution (including the 2nd Amendment) is NOT NEGOTIABLE.
    BEING AN ADULT

is the dumbest thing I have ever done

I feel the need to own guns because the ONLY way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to have a good guy/gal there with a gun! End of story. Please stop entering your drivel those of you who think gun control is the answer. Gun control means using both hands.

JJ

Acquire target, sight picture, sssssqueeze the trigger...Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1357603526400.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  44.2 KB

Gun control as it should be.

I'm gonna open a can of worms with this one and for the record I'm not for taking away your guns.

It's just kind of funny that a lot of people are claiming that the areas of the United States where we have the strictest gun laws have the most gun related homicide rates which is true, but is it really due to there being fewer legal gun owners, or is that just one of the contributing factors?

China for example has some of the most restrictive gun laws in the world, what's really surprising is their total homicide rate is only a few hundred a year above ours and they have four times as many people as we do.

Japan has intense gun laws that we would consider very strict....where are they on the gun related homicide map? Near the bottom. In 2008 japan had 11 homicides , we had nearly 10,000.

Now I realize there are other countries who have strict gun laws that have high gun related homicides...my point is not to put down guns.

What is different about our society, what makes us a deadly people?

There are endless amounts of factors that determine why a specific area has more or fewer crimes... and while legal ownership of guns is one of them, we cannot base a locations crime rate on gun ownership alone.

For China that would be in large part due to the inordinately large number of executions performed each year. They state around 5000 but that would be lowballing for optics.

Serious retribution for criminals tends to put everyone in a constant state of extreme carefulness to stay on the right side of the law.
    China goes way overboard and doesn't stop with criminals so criminals are all the more targeted.

When you're dead you can't re-offend, and that is a deterrent.

Page 78 of 255 FirstFirst ... 286871727374757677787980818283848588128178 ... LastLast