Page 77 of 255 FirstFirst ... 276770717273747576777879808182838487127177 ... LastLast
Results 989 to 1,001 of 3314
  1. #989
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    3,527
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    I do work on live circuits a lot and can normally grab 110v with my bare fingers because of my very dry hands.

    What are you getting at?
    Really?
    I'm biting my tongue here.

  2. #990
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    521
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    I can’t imagine having such a fear of the general public.

    I’ll take my chances with handing over my wallet and car rather than relying on some yahoo to exact instant justice in front of me.
    A wallet and car are easy to hand over. What if some dirtbag tried to take your wife?
    Are you saying that if you had a gun you wouldn't use it to stop them?

    Assuming you were:

    1) trained in the safe and proper use of one.
    2) your intuition didn't prevent it.
    3) you didn't have a saw to dismember them.

  3. #991
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,388
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkahuna View Post

    They don't hug my body the "way" that my full body leotard does. Now you're just being hurtful.

    As for competitive sports that get your heart rate up above 50%, I'll have you know that we play full contact scrabble to the death...yeah, you heard right...to the death!

    I've lost a lot of good friends over the years...
    Thanks for lightening it up a bit. My point was that people do dangerous things all the time. Carrying a gun for that one time you might need it, which 95% of the time it will never happen, does not rate high on my courage list. It rates the opposite…more like paranoia which is based in fear.

    Spandex?
    More like lycra. It is a must for cyclists. If you want to go fast you have to reduce resistance. It starts with cycling shorts and a comfortable contact with the bike. A typical century ride has 40,000 revolutions of the pedals. Can’t do it in regular shorts.

  4. #992
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    17,963
    Your argument does not hold water brian.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

    Theodore Roosevelt

  5. #993
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,388
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkahuna View Post
    A wallet and car are easy to hand over. What if some dirtbag tried to take your wife?
    Are you saying that if you had a gun you wouldn't use it to stop them?

    Assuming you were:

    1) trained in the safe and proper use of one.
    2) your intuition didn't prevent it.
    3) you didn't have a saw to dismember them.
    I would use one in a minute. But if he had his gun pointed at me first I’d have a hard time using mine. That’s what they do. They surprise you with their gun first up close.

    I don’t know what my wife would do if she was being kidnapped at gunpoint, which is very rare, but I wouldn’t go with them. They would be faced with shooting me on the spot or letting me go. But if someone wanted me to drive the car I would. Then I’d run it into a parked car at speed.

  6. #994
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Helena, Montana
    Posts
    2,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    I would use one in a minute. But if he had his gun pointed at me first I’d have a hard time using mine. That’s what they do. They surprise you with their gun first up close.

    I don’t know what my wife would do if she was being kidnapped at gunpoint, which is very rare, but I wouldn’t go with them. They would be faced with shooting me on the spot or letting me go. But if someone wanted me to drive the car I would. Then I’d run it into a parked car at speed.
    Would you be wearing your seatbelt for this one time you might need it? Do you wear a seatbelt? If so, is it for that one time you might need one or are you being paranoid?
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

  7. #995
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,388
    Quote Originally Posted by ControlsInMT View Post
    Would you be wearing your seatbelt for this one time you might need it? Do you wear a seatbelt? If so, is it for that one time you might need one or are you being paranoid?
    Wearing my seatbelt does not change my psyche, nor does it give me the ability to kill people around me. It’s no different than uses protective devices on dangerous tools. Seatbelt are only defensive and require no skill to use.

  8. #996
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    forney texas
    Posts
    17,890
    Brian, I don't have a CCW. I don't see the need for me personally..However, I could care less if anyone that wanted one had a CCW. On the other hand , I don't ride bicycles either, nor to I care if others want to. I do have guns and transportation because I want them.

  9. #997
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,388
    Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    Brian, I don't have a CCW. I don't see the need for me personally..However, I could care less if anyone that wanted one had a CCW. On the other hand , I don't ride bicycles either, nor to I care if others want to. I do have guns and transportation because I want them.
    I don’t care much what other people do either. I just don’t want them around me when they perceive danger or see someone with a gun. I have the prerogative not to trust them and to have an opinion as to why they carry in the first place.

  10. #998
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,388
    Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Your argument does not hold water brian.
    Because you do not have a cup to hold it in.

  11. #999
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    11,873
    Sounds like someone here would be in a petulant frenzy if they lived in an open carry state.

  12. #1000
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Rochester, NY, USA
    Posts
    14,308
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    I can’t imagine having such a fear of the general public.

    Your odds of getting killed in a traffic accident are far greater than being shot by a gunman. They don’t usually use guns to shoot people anyway. They use them to get what they want. When that scenario is met by a CCW holder it will quickly escalate to a shootout, which it might not have been otherwise. But I am supposed to trust these guys with guns under their jackets to act accordingly even though they have no training. I’ll take my chances with handing over my wallet and car rather than relying on some yahoo to exact instant justice in front of me.
    Is THIS your position on guns: A woman raped and strangled is morally superior to a woman with a smoking gun and a dead rapist at her feet.

    or is this your position: When confronted by violent criminals, you should “put up no defense- give them what they want, or run” (Handgun Control Inc. Chairman Pete Shields, Guns Don’t Die – People Do, 1981, p.125).

    and hope the bad guy has enough decency to not shoot you anyway.
    The Last four letters


    American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats


    any questions

  13. #1001
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    17,963
    Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    Sounds like someone here would be in a petulant frenzy if they lived in an open carry state.
    DW, glad to see ya and hope all is going ok!

    Best wishes your way.

    -Ed
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

    Theodore Roosevelt

Page 77 of 255 FirstFirst ... 276770717273747576777879808182838487127177 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event