Page 76 of 255 FirstFirst ... 266669707172737475767778798081828386126176 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkahuna View Post
    You sure have a deepseated need to come back and prove to us that you are a "man".
    You are the typical ratchet mouthed expert that is so sure of his own infallibility of opinion that you can't see the real truth.
    It takes courage to carry a gun to protect yourself and others. It takes courage to take a stand against evil. Cops do it. We do it. Not to be heroes or to get the chance to shoot someone. We do it because we have the courage to make a difference when it's needed.
    Whether you like it or not.

Spandex?
    Well that is where we differ. I don’t believe courage is foremost to carry a gun, I think it first takes fear, and a lot of it. Again, to compare yourself to cops is a stretch. It’s their job to approach a carload of armed gang members and chase them through dark backyards. It’s their job to walk into trouble. It’s our job to avoid it at all costs.

And ya spandex. You should try an endurance sport at a competitive level. You might have to change out of your Wranglers though and raise your heart rate above 50% max.

Put it this way Brian, have you ever installed a phase/voltage protector on a commercial roof top unit?

If so, why?
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    So corny's boyfriends work in your dresser....which I assume is in your bedroom... close to your bed....hmmm
    I was wondering about this one myself. I know Jmac personally, and his wife, and I didn't know he was into that sort of thing...I'm just saying...
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    I’m not the coward that is afraid to go outside without carrying a loaded weapon.

I live in LA, the most populated area of any poster here. Even though it is filled with a violent bad element, gang members, shootings, demented types I go outside every day without a need to be able to kill people around me. Your guns make you the cowards IMO. Try relying on your intuition to keep you out of trouble rather than your guns to draw you into it.

You don’t know the meaning of physical risk. I am a road racing cyclist that rides a hard 130mi a week riding within inches of other cyclists and fast moving traffic with just spandex for protection. I ride dessert dirt bikes that wiz along at 80 mph in unfamiliar terrain. I hang off ladders three stories high on a regular basis and use saws that could dismember in an instant. And I live in a melting pot of criminal element with no CCW. You watch a little TV, read some internet and get so scared you think the boogie man is out to get you.

You strap on your guns and want to be considered heroes…but not from me. You’re all just another Zimmerman or Oregon Mall CCW holder.
    Not that I carry all the time, because I don't, but if carrying makes me a coward in your eyes, then you go on believing I'm a coward and I'll go on knowing I have a better chance at not being victimized or killed by some random goof.

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    this is almost laughable. CYCLIST!!! dirt bikes at 80.....what you only have 3 gears? sheesh
    Then step up. What do you do besides hide behind your guns.

I go out everyday and every night, with a gun, WITHOUT THE NEED TO KILL ANYONE. Nor do I care to hurt anyone. MY gun is not an offensive weapon, it's strictly a defensive weapon. seriously, I hope you never get hurt while riding, but just like riding...... Happens, that spandex is not going to save you, and yes I know why, because I've been driving motorcycles since '74, I've been down a few times. But I was prepared for it <smirk---most of the time> THATS why I carry, as we say in Scouts, Be Prepared
    I said you require the ability to kill people. Big difference.

And hmmm? You say you ‘drive’ motorcycles, not ride then?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    Then step up. What do you do besides hide behind your guns.

I said you require the ability to kill people. Big difference.

And hmmm? You say you ‘drive’ motorcycles, not ride then?
    It's good that you ride. At least there are some times when you have some power between your legs....

It really is a hoot that you are so afraid of citizens carrying guns that you never even are exposed to. I just can't even think of what would go through the mind of someone who has that fear. If I'm not carrying, and with the amount of air travel I do I often am not carrying, I like to believe that there are other responsible people near me who are, just in case some bad guy or nutcase decides it's time to victimize those believed to be helpless.

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    I just can't even think of what would go through the mind of someone who has that fear. .
    I can’t imagine having such a fear of the general public.

Your odds of getting killed in a traffic accident are far greater than being shot by a gunman. They don’t usually use guns to shoot people anyway. They use them to get what they want. When that scenario is met by a CCW holder it will quickly escalate to a shootout, which it might not have been otherwise. But I am supposed to trust these guys with guns under their jackets to act accordingly even though they have no training. I’ll take my chances with handing over my wallet and car rather than relying on some yahoo to exact instant justice in front of me.

I NEVER wear Wranglers!

They don't hug my body the "way" that my full body leotard does. Now you're just being hurtful.

As for competitive sports that get your heart rate up above 50%, I'll have you know that we play full contact scrabble to the death...yeah, you heard right...to the death!

I've lost a lot of good friends over the years...

Spandex?

Why don't you answer my question byron....have you ever installed phase protection on any HVAC equipment?

If so, why?
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Why don't you answer my question byron....have you ever installed phase protection on any HVAC equipment?

If so, why?
    No, because I am not an electrician or an HVAC tech. I do work on live circuits a lot and can normally grab 110v with my bare fingers because of my very dry hands. But if you are inferring that you take life threatening risks by handling live high voltage there are safeguards you can take that will completely eliminate any risk of bodily harm.

What are you getting at?

I have and it's pretty useless until the one time that that it is needed to protect the compressor. Then, it does something remarkable. It saves the life of the compressor. Protective devices do just that. Save lives, animate or inanimate

If one is to install safeguards to prevent damage to a compressor, is not a CPL a safeguard for the preservation of human life? Are humans less important than compressors?

An Electrician/lineman isn't going to be next to a roof top unit with a meter 24/7, just as a cop is never there when you need one. Hence the need for voltage protection and the need for the CPL.

Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    I have and it's pretty useless until the one time that that it is needed to protect the compressor. Then, it does something remarkable. It saves the life of the compressor. Protective devices do just that. Save lives, animate or inanimate
    Exactly!

Theodore Roosevelt

Page 76 of 255 FirstFirst ... 266669707172737475767778798081828386126176 ... LastLast