Page 71 of 255 FirstFirst ... 216164656667686970717273747576777881121171 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    I understand the grandfathering point and I think that you'd have to initially grandfather people in.

I also think that some people, particularly younger people, need those lessons repeated and repeated. Young people kind of have a tendency to think that they're bulletproof, so to speak.

I'm actually not opposed to showing videos of actual shootings, provided such videos exist. Actual photographs of gun shot wounds. Maybe interviews with gun shot survivors.

Maybe an upper age limit to the recertifications? Maybe a maximum number or recertifications required?

Maybe, if you hit age 40 and you've owned guns for a minimum of 10 years, then we'll let you off the hook for recertifications
    we have a local Neurosurgeon ( Chief of Neurosurgery) that carries a colt 1911, he is also a lead "Terminal Ballistic expert" for the FBI and CIA. he gives a great seminar at the Gun club, on what happens when bullets meet tissue. He has full color pictures, detailed x-rays and crime scene photos, it's not for the faint of hart. But it's absolutely fascinating and he is a very funny doctor that can talk to people on a "lower scale" so you can understand what he's talking about. When he gives his seminar, its standing room only.
    BEING AN ADULT

is the dumbest thing I have ever done

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    What disparaging remark did JP make? I agree completely, people think cops have Jedi like powers.
    If the number of CCW Holders that interact with armed criminals equaled those of the police you’d see much different stats.

Cops aren’t perfect or Jedi Masters and make a lot of mistakes with their guns. But CCW Holders just scare the hell out of me.

A civilians first duty is to RETREAT......lets repeat that.....A civilians first duty is to RETREAT
    Tell me there is a law that forbids a person from chasing a thief down the street, tackling him and performing a citizen’s arrest.

And we all know that not all citizens follow the rules. Look at the trayvon killing, those boys at the gas station..... that guy who shot his niece cause he thought she was a skunk.....and he was sober.....

Just too many instances where innocent people are getting killed by responsible adults with guns..... Americans prove time and time again that they just cant be trusted to own firearms.

I dont believe Obams will come after all the guns....... If I was him Id just come after the military looking ones and then the semi auto handguns.
    May Allah Guide Us Towards The Right Path and move us towards a better understanding of Allah and Allahs Creation.

Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    The SWAT team may have. But, the average city street patrol doesn't .
    How can you compare the training and everyday experience of a cop to that of the average CCW Holder? Please!

Let’s see what happens when two average CCW Holders pulls over a car of armed gang members. Better yet, let’s U-Tube it.

Quote Originally Posted by mcjo tech View Post
    Well only the foolish would see it this way.

Oh and by the way, progressives control the Senate and the Presidency.

And in the House your party is in shambles.

Only a fool would believe they stand any chance of not getting their weapons banned.

Too bad you all aren't willing to except some type of compromise.

Oh well, I guess you will have to find solace in your principles somehow.
    http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr.../violent-crime

When it comes to the safety of your family,friends and loved ones all bets are off.

Violent crime has been reduced since 1992. By over 50%.
    Smart folks already know where high crime still exists,and that is urban areas with populations over 250,000.
    FEN

Quote Originally Posted by the mojo View Post
    http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr.../violent-crime

When it comes to the safety of your family,friends and loved ones all bets are off.

Violent crime has been reduced since 1992. By over 50%.
    Smart folks already know where high crime still exists,and that is urban areas with populations over 250,000.
    This isn't going to change that there is going to be a ban on firearms and ammo put in place sooner rather then later.

You all had your chance to temper it but as usual you decided to bite off your noses to spite your face.

Why am I not surprised.

You all have a split party in shambles and unable to mount any real opposition to anything the Liberals want to do.

You only control the House and many there are in moderate leaning states and they need moderate voters to get them re-elected so many of them are not opposed to some form of gun control.

You all made your bed by embracing the radical right wing Tea Party or I guess it could be perceived the other way embracing the moderates of the party but I don't think that is the case.

You made your bed now you are going to have to lay in it.

This isn't going to change that there is going to be a ban on firearms and ammo put in place sooner rather then later.

You all had your chance to temper it but as usual you decided to bite off your noses to spite your face.
    And it is due to:

Poor leadership.
    Selfishness.
    Thinking it’s a right to own any gun imaginable.
    Wanting a piece of the action.
    Revenge on criminals.
    Skewing stats.
    Irresponsible storage of weaponry.
    Stubbornness.
    Fear of any loss of weaponry.
    Taking a hobby too seriously.
    Fear.
    Paranoia.

I dislike Feinstein as much as the next guy, but I would at least TRY to outsmart her.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    I dislike Feinstein as much as the next guy, but I would at least TRY to outsmart her.
    Given the options I would think that would be the prudent thing to do.

Why am I not surprised.

You all have a split party in shambles and unable to mount any real opposition to anything the Liberals want to do.

You only control the House and many there are in moderate leaning states and they need moderate voters to get them re-elected so many of them are not opposed to some form of gun control.

You all made your bed by embracing the radical right wing Tea Party or I guess it could be perceived the other way embracing the moderates of the party but I don't think that is the case.

You made your bed now you are going to have to lay in it.
    We will just have to leave crime prevention up to the likes of you. Maybe you can talk to them in a pleasant manner and everything will be hunky dory.

Try again.
    FEN

Here is why you need a gun:

http://myfox8.com/2013/01/06/ga-mom-...aves-children/

Must have been terrifying for her.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Quote Originally Posted by the mojo View Post
    We will just have to leave crime prevention up to the likes of you. Maybe you can talk to them in a pleasant manner and everything will be hunky dory.

Try again.
    The tone someone uses to express thoughts and solutions is often related to the intellectual ability or willingness of others to evaluate the concepts being discussed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    Here is why you need a gun:

http://myfox8.com/2013/01/06/ga-mom-...aves-children/

Must have been terrifying for her.

And she did it with a 38 revolver.

How would have thunk it.

Didn't know those firearms were on the proposed ban list.

Are revolvers being banned too?

Here you go

"A pat on the back for you.

You are such a GREAT AMERICAN!
    "

There's your tone right there.
    See it? It's the one in parantheses. See it now?

Page 71 of 255 FirstFirst ... 216164656667686970717273747576777881121171 ... LastLast