Page 68 of 268 FirstFirst ... 185861626364656667686970717273747578118168 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mcjo tech View Post
    That weapons ban is getting closer and closer with those like you spouting your unwillingness to address this issue.

Good luck keeping your firearms

You are going to need it.
    you could be right, the difference is, I'll go down fighting for my rights, you'll go to your knees and be a servent
    I only drink a little, but when I do
    I turn into another person and THAT person drinks a lot

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    you could be right, the difference is, I'll go down fighting for my rights, you'll go to your knees and be a servent
    We know .......... We know......................... You'll go down Guns Blazing!

OK Drama Queen

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    you, not so much
    Your Anti American Man Card is torn and wrinkled.

You should put it back in your wallet for safe keeping because its tired and almost useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    I was waiting for this comparison with your condescending remark about cops.

Cops have far more training in real stress situations and simulated training courses. They also have radios, backup, often a partner, hand-to-hand combat training and a litany of non-lethal options on their belt that they are trained to exhaust before resorting to lethal force.

What do you have in comparison? None of the above but a lethal gun that many do not receive adequate training with. Many CCW people would respond just like the Oregon Mall guy reacted…he froze up. A cop would have laid the guy out on the spot. And he wouldn’t have aimed at his head or been carrying a .22cal.
    Actually, my "condescending remarks" were directed at people like you, Brian.

People who think that police are, somehow, SUPERMAN with a gun.

Police officers are HUMAN BEINGS. They're as fallible as everyone else is.

YOU and those like you are the ones who imbue them with, as jmac said, "jedi-like" powers.

Cops have far more training in real stress situations and simulated training courses. They also have radios, backup, often a partner, hand-to-hand combat training and a litany of non-lethal options on their belt that they are trained to exhaust before resorting to lethal force.

What do you have in comparison? None of the above but a lethal gun that many do not receive adequate training with. Many CCW people would respond just like the Oregon Mall guy reacted…he froze up. A cop would have laid the guy out on the spot. And he wouldn’t have aimed at his head or been carrying a .22cal.

The SWAT team may have. But, the average city street patrol doesn't. Unless they as individuals, just want that kind of training. Some do, most don't though.
    A lot of departments only require qualification twice a year. A big percentage of officers, don't even know what their own local/state firearms laws are. Shouldn't come as any surprise either. Fact is, there's literally thousands of laws on the books now. No human could ever remember them all.

Anyone with any formal training, is first taught to try and neutralize the aggregation. No certified instructor has ever taught to go for a head shot. Unless you're in a sniper school that is.
    And not many civilians are.

I'll take a .22 over a rock or club, any day of the week. If you put enough hole in something, somethings gonna happen.

Quote Originally Posted by mcjo tech View Post
    FYI opinion is not considered to be slanderous by definition of law.

Sorry you feel that way but I also have a right to my opinion of them.

And from what I've seen I don't see any reason to change my mind.

They had their opportunity to be seen in a different light with this last massacre but their response was typical of their agenda and woefully short on any real solutions or compromise.
    Your statement about the NRA was slanderous in a factual sense, I did not intend that to be a legal accusation. You are entitled to your opinion, but that one specifically is just wrong.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"I say we just nuke them from space, that is the only way to be sure". Winch from ALIENS, forgot her name.

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

My front door is locked. For your personal protection.

An hour of my time wasted googling and I cant find any information where the NRA or anyone else for that matter has any kind of organized effort going on to get our legislators to get tougher on crime. Saw nothing about crime during the last election either.....from either side....
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    I read the NRAs rag at the barber shop....and I never see anything in there about them lobbying for tighter sentancing for criminals and certainly nothing about coming up with solutions to keep hands out of the hands of those who shouldnt have them.

Im a gun owner tool..... but from what Ive seen over the years guns dont seem to be doing anything positive in the way of fighting crime..... what I see are people in 2nd amendment hats and tshirts and belt buckles trampling the old folks to get out of harms way when a crisis breaks out....that or gunning down unarmed teens coming from the store with soda or candy or listening to their jungle music way to loud for most folks taste.

Lets try something different...... Lets take everyones guns.....force them to be nice to everyone.....and direct our efforts and cash at getting our legislators to do something about criminals and crime.
    Well, unfortunately, our legislators will do nothing about criminals and crime beyond a token effort. They actually compound the problem, making gun ownership for self defense more desirable. They let lunatics in from central america and beyond, then give assault rifles to mexican drug lords.

Basically, we should look at all the underlying causes and all... COUNT ME IN! But in the mean-time, if I have an intruder crashing the door right now I want a gun. Not a legislator, not an obamaphone, not a special license, not a cop twenty minutes away, not a magic amulet, not a vial of love potion.

A handy gun. Point and click.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"I say we just nuke them from space, that is the only way to be sure". Winch from ALIENS, forgot her name.

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

My front door is locked. For your personal protection.

I only drink a little, but when I do
    I turn into another person and THAT person drinks a lot

The guns were registered when they were first sold, right? What you are probably saying is that they were not registered to the shooters. That the guns were once owned by law abiding citizens and that they were stolen and now used on the black market.

The gun control you mock is the law that could make it a criminal offense to be so lax with the storage of gun. When that gun is traced back to the original owner he should have to answer for why and how it was stolen. It was probably another gun stored in a night stand that is now being used to kill innocent people.

Oh that right, bullets don’t kill. Wishful thinking does.
    No brian, the gun control that I "mock" is the one that forces me as a gun owner to register my weapons on an insecure database giving the government free reign to enter my house with no reason other than my having followed the law. I am profiled by the cops if they check my address against that database. That same database can be accessed by a good cop or a bad cop. And yes we have our share of bad ones up here too. I haven't broken the law, yet I am "on their radar" as soon as they discover I own a gun.
    Show me a method other than that loon$hit and we'll talk.

I am all for proper training, storage, certification and even punishment if the weapons are not secured properly when I'm not home, but not the way they propose to use the information now.

Until criminals are dealt with properly, I don't need to hear your view on cops being the answer. With all respect due to the good cops on the job, their response time dictates that they most often push the broom after the mess is made.

Your opinion on how any of us compare to a cop is just your television induced opinion on how cops are portrayed. You compare others to yourself and "feel" that because you would freeze up in that stressful situation others would perform the same way.

These exact skills that you "think" cops automatically have are what a lot of us train for to achieve proficiency in, for the very small chance that we will ever need them to protect our family or for that matter, yours, while you are on the phone with a 911 operator.

Have you have ever faced down a 1200lb charging grizzly bear and shot it only to have it drop, tumble end over end and knock you over with it's momentum?

Me neither but at least I don't tell you how you would react.

Guns guns guns...killing killing killing....self defence....murder.... tools of death...oh and God...

89 pages and all we have been able to do is call one another names....deny any sort of logic....and add to the confusion that already was.

We sound like the government that some of us here seem to hate so much....we can't agree, compromise, or even acknowledge when a person on the "other side" has a somewhat decent idea.

You want to know why government is so screwed up....throw in a few bribes and bets and this thread is the perfect example.

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    Guns guns guns...killing killing killing....self defence....murder.... tools of death...oh and God...

89 pages and all we have been able to do is call one another names....deny any sort of logic....and add to the confusion that already was.

We sound like the government that some of us here seem to hate so much....we can't agree, compromise, or even acknowledge when a person on the "other side" has a somewhat decent idea.

You want to know why government is so screwed up....throw in a few bribes and bets and this thread is the perfect example.

You just described yourself and the other unthinking progressives quite well!

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Actually, my "condescending remarks" were directed at people like you, Brian.

People who think that police are, somehow, SUPERMAN with a gun.

Police officers are HUMAN BEINGS. They're as fallible as everyone else is.

YOU and those like you are the ones who imbue them with, as jmac said, "jedi-like" powers.
    Re-read your post. You were putting them down making remarks about their ‘aura’ and their gun belts.

I realize they are fallible and it degusts me when they make mistakes with their guns. My point was that you compared yourself or CCW people to them. IMO, overall there is no comparison. Cops kick some serious a$$ sometimes without having to resort to their guns. Tell me you could do that.

The Zimmerman case is prime example of a wanna-be-cop gone awry. But since a perp was killed I doubt you see anything wrong with it.

Page 68 of 268 FirstFirst ... 185861626364656667686970717273747578118168 ... LastLast