Page 65 of 255 FirstFirst ... 155558596061626364656667686970717275115165 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mcjo tech View Post

And I am fairly sure that the wacko is not this fully trained as well as he can only fire off 6 shots before having to reload.
    That particular video is Jerry Miculek (sp?). He's a champion revolver shooter.

He holds several world records including 8 shots on a single target in 0.99 seconds and 12 (counting a reload) in 2.99 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    You gun folk are the anti americans....cause you dont care about america...you just care about yourselves and your selfish wants.
    The right to self defense is hardly 'selfish'.

Self defense of self, property, loved ones and community. And country,, Gun ownership is a mark of patriotism, I like all my neighbors to have guns as it makes for a mostly safe community.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Well we have to draw the line somewhere so you all get something.

And I am fairly sure that the wacko is not this fully trained as well as he can only fire off 6 shots before having to reload.

There will always be someone who throws out none valid points to back up their point of view.

Is it really a valid argument for not doing anything regarding this problem?

No.

But the conservs want us to think it is to deflect the issue.

And once again: I don't want to ban your rights to own a semi automatic weapon!!
    No you just want to enact laws around it so that I can't afford to.

You can reload a revolver just as fast as a semi auto.

This is not about giving us something. You do not get to dictate who gets what.

Quote Originally Posted by Elfshadow View Post
    No you just want to enact laws around it so that I can't afford to.

You can reload a revolver just as fast as a semi auto.

This is not about giving us something. You do not get to dictate who gets what.
    I am not dictating anything to you.

The government however is about to.

It is you who will have to deal with the reality of what will happen.

It doesn't make any difference to me either way.

Go ahead

Bite off your nose to spite your face.

I couldn't care less.

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    That particular video is Jerry Miculek (sp?). He's a champion revolver shooter.

He holds several world records including 8 shots on a single target in 0.99 seconds and 12 (counting a reload) in 2.99 seconds

I don't think I phrased that correctly

I meant a wacko would not be this fully trained as the person in the video.

Not that Miculek was a wacko.

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    I have not seen any evidence that the NRA lobbys for stiffer criminal penalties or for keeping guns out of the hands of maniacs.....

Maybe if you folks would quit making excuses and actually get up off your rear ends and do something about crime and maniacs we wouldnt be having such a problem with crime and maniacs.

But you wont.... cause you really dont care about crime as long as it doesnt directly affect you.....

Yep... that might gun is really going to protect you when you meet some teen who has already wasted several people.....and he just stands there and laughs at you as you point that gun forward......shaking so wildly that you cant even keep the sights on him.....

Better to do something to get rid of the criminals and maniacs than to have to be killed one of them some day when they come a knockin on your back door.
    your actually the one to lazy to get off your rear end and do a simple Google search on where the NRA stands on crime. But it doesn't fit your agenda, so why bother. You would rather come here and look like a complete fool than actually check any facts.

Thats ok, because everyone knows your posts are BS. Your game time has expired. Everyone knows you don't have any facts, your just here to troll.

Not only is your complete lack of intellect obvious to everyone, you make things worse with ignorant posts such as this.
    BEING AN ADULT

is the dumbest thing I have ever done

I am not dictating anything to you.

The government however is about to.

It is you who will have to deal with the reality of what will happen.

It doesn't make any difference to me either way.

Go ahead

Bite off your nose to spite your face.

I couldn't care less.
    I know, the government is going to enact more laws that does nothing to deal with the problem. You can find incidents like this through out history. It does not take a semi-auto to kill dozens of people.

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    your actually the one to lazy to get off your rear end and do a simple Google search on where the NRA stands on crime. But it doesn't fit your agenda, so why bother. You would rather come here and look like a complete fool than actually check any facts.

Thats ok, because everyone knows your posts are BS. Your game time has expired. Everyone knows you don't have any facts, your just here to troll.

Not only is your complete lack of intellect obvious to everyone, you make things worse with ignorant posts such as this.
    The NRA doesn't care about crime or anything else except............................

Keeping their puppets paying membership fees and helping perpetuate fear so the firearms manufacturers can continue to sell guns.

They benefit from talk of firearms bans by adding more puppets to their regime and selling more guns for the firearm industry.

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Another point to look into as we're "solving the world's problems"

Let's look at the actual costs of these things.

Now, Brian suggested earlier that all CCW holders undergo the same training as a police officer. A tall order, IMO, but let's run with it.

I've tried to do a bit of research into simple "police academy" type training and was finally able to nail down a cost. For basic police training one site I found had a cost of $1750, not counting a background check and other "essential supplies" and that particular training module didn't include more than "familiarization" with firearms. To get into real firearms tactics, you're looking at another course running a cost of almost $5000, again, not including the "essential supplies" like a gun and accessories.

Is that what we're expected to do just to own a gun? How is a working person supposed to afford that type of training, let alone being able to fit that type of education around a work and family schedule?

Then, we get into "safe storage"

In order to own a gun now, I've got to buy a safe of some sort. I was looking at these the other day and that means another cool grand for a smallish one. I'd probably be looking at a good bit more than that as I've got quite a few rifles and shotguns. Let's call it another $2 grand.

So, these regulations being proposed here are going to cost ME somewhere between $4 and $10 thousand dollars just to maintain my ability to own a firearm and this figure doesn't include the costs of the firearms themselves or that of the ammunition to shoot.

...and then, you want to require insurance on these firearms???
    just get into USPSA and your competence with a firearm will quadruple in just a couple weeks
    BEING AN ADULT

is the dumbest thing I have ever done

Quote Originally Posted by Elfshadow View Post
    I know, the government is going to enact more laws that does nothing to deal with the problem. You can find incidents like this through out history. It does not take a semi-auto to kill dozens of people.
    Now your getting it.

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    just get into USPSA and your competence with a firearm will quadruple in just a couple weeks
    I agree with you and would like it if there were a competitive league around my area.

I'm not aware of one.

The point that Brian and mcjo are making, however is that we should have TRAINING in the use of a gun. Even guys like you and I who have owned and shot guns since we were children (I started shooting before I was 5 as have both of my boys)

None of that experience or proficiency means anything to them, they want us to have a "shooter's license" or some other piece of paper in our wallets, equivalent to a driver's license that PROVES that we meet some minimum government standard.

Now, both of us know guns and could likely pass any "training course" out there, but we also know that there are many who could not do so.

Personally, I'm not opposed to training, per se, but we need to find a standard.

Does everyone, as Brian said, need to be trained to the same standard as police?

Should there be a lesser standard to train citizens to?

Thanks to the encouragement of the anti-second amendment people on this thread I just went online and became a member of the NRA. Firearms have been a hobby as well as a self defense thing for me for over 40 years now. I am a police academy grad and a former reserve deputy. I never became an NRA member in the past because I consider them too liberal on the second amendment. I do belong to the Second Amendment Foundation.

Well, the NRA can use my membership funds and an increased membership since they are the larger pro-gun organization. I may disagree with them to a degree but they still have some clout in Washington as well as in each state. So, thanks to the posts of the gun control people in this thread I joined up.

I am considering paying for additional memberships for each of my family members. My wife, two sons and two daughters are firearms owners and we all have our state concealed carry permits and have for many years now. The NRA is reporting that their membership numbers have gone up quite a bit since the politicians started threatening more gun control.

I will not give up any of my firearms. Just imagine, my lame government is going to make me a felon and I have done nothing more than continue to enjoy my hobby and right to self defense according to the second amendment. I view any additional laws as unconstitutional and will resist along with many, many others. Meanwhile, any new gun control will be sure to go to the Supreme Court.

Other than resisting, supporting the NRA and contacting my senators is what I can do right now.

Hugh B

The NRA doesn't care about crime or anything else except............................

Keeping their puppets paying membership fees and helping perpetuate fear so the firearms manufacturers can continue to sell guns.

They benefit from talk of firearms bans by adding more puppets to their regime and selling more guns for the firearm industry.
    Okay, Corny Puppet. NRA is and has always been very concerned with supporting law enforcement of existing laws against criminals.

That is a primary point of the NRA. Your post is slanderous.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Page 65 of 255 FirstFirst ... 155558596061626364656667686970717275115165 ... LastLast