Page 57 of 255 FirstFirst ... 74750515253545556575859606162636467107157 ... LastLast
    [QUOTE=Brian GC;14910971]I don' think I can enlighten you but here goes:

This issue does not have one or two right approaches. It has many. So when I see the NRA stand up and push mainly two, armed guards at schools and mental screening, they fell way short of what needs to be done. And if they did not have the time to go into all their other thoughts they should have released an in-depth list of all changes that need to be done. As far as I know they have not.
    other than "ban assault weapons" were is the gun grabbers in-depth list of things that need to be done. All your doing is taking law abiding rights away, when are you gun grabbers going to come up with a comprehensive list of things to control criminals....oh thats right, we all ready have that, about 27,000 gun laws all ready in place

Citizens, like Adam Lanza’s neighbors, as well as police need to get involved with policing guns. If Lanza’s neighbors knew those guns were in close proximity to that nutcase I’d like for the authorities to be able to be called out to make certain those guns were not within his reach, IOW locked up. If police can be called out for welts on a child back or for a guy crawling through a window or for a hazardous condition in someone’s front yard they should be able to demand the securing of guns. Not only when guns are in the proximity of unstable people but when left unsecured when you are out of the house.
    so what your saying is, we need to get neighbors to spy on neighbors. Whats next? report on someone sex life to? you want neighbors peering in your windows? You can call the police for anything you want, but we have a constitution thats says we are free from unreasonable search and seizure, what I own, How I store it, regardless of what *it* is, is none of your or anyone elses business

We supply a lot of nutbags and criminals these guns either from not trusting/knowing those close to us or from theft. I’d like to see it be a criminal offense for having guns stolen from the home or car resulting in them not being secured properly. If you want to keep a gun in your nightstand and it gets stolen, you pay the criminal negligence price for supplying the black market.
    your concern for a law abiding citizen being charged with a crime of negligence is appalling. especially when you make NO MENTION of the fact that a crime was committed by breaking and entering and theft. Heres an idea, lets punish the criminal that STOLE....naaa not workable in your world. BTW, it is a crime to not report a stolen firearm within 24 hours of the discovery of it's theft, not 24 hours from when it was stolen. Otherwise anyone going on a weekend excursion and the house was pillaged on Saturday and they occupants returned on Monday, would felons.

There are far more of us than there are of CCW people or armed guards at schools that can stop the next occurrence. We need to raise the public’s awareness and involvement in this problem. We need to secure guns like we do our wallets, cash and our wife’s wedding rings. They are actually more important than those items because they can be used to take a life, which is much more important than money.
    who is "us--that can stop the next occurrence" Basically what your saying "we know there is going to be another occurrence, but we are going to make it safer for the perpetrator by taking away everyone's guns, except the perpetrators"

Other approaches could be:
    Requiring CCW people to be trained like cops since that is the duty they are expected to perform.
    It should be unlawful for guns to be in the presence of felons or any violent offender unless they are locked up.
    All guns should be under lock and key unless they are in your presence.
    Outlaw guns that are designed to kill large numbers of humans like the Bushmaster.
    I all ready train like the cops, actually, I will be willing to test any cops ability against mine on any firing range. But, Im a USPSC shooter, so it probably wouldn't be fair unless they are also competition shooters. Last year I put just over 5200 rounds down range, not including practice.
    It's all ready illegal for a felon to be in the presence of a firearm, locked or otherwise if that felon is on parole. Once a felon has severed there time and are released from parole, they may not handle or own any firearm. They maybe in the presence of a firearm, they can not touch it in anyway. (at least in NY) They may petition the court to get there right to own a firearm restored.
    Out law which guns??? Seung-hui Cho killed 32 and wounded another 17, using nothing more than a Glock 19 (9mm) and Walther P22. He had no less than 19 magazines on him. That would be about 190 rounds? Lethality has nothing to do with capacity of feeding devices. The Bushmaster (ya gota love that name) uses a 223cal cartridge, The 30-06 or 308 both standard hunting rounds, are far more lethal than the .223. The military uses .223 (actually they use a .556) because it's light weight (soldiers can carry more ammo) and light recoil for a fast follow up shot and it's relatively cheap to make (this gets into cost per round~~blah,blah,blah)

Basically the people with these specialized weapons have to give up a little and the people like Lanza’s neighbors need to wake up and be empowered. More of the negligent, violent and questionable people need to lose their gun rights. And those around them need to be held criminally responsible for supplying them.

and what exactly are you giving up??? what specialized weapon are you talking about. I have specialized weapons, I got one for deer, I got one for turkey, I got one for duck, I got one for competition, I got one for skeet/trap. I got all kinds of specialized weapons. Law enforcement is the key, stop caving in to trail lawyer when they plea bargain. 75% of the time a plea bargain comes up, the first thing that gets tossed is "criminal possession of a firearm" Put the clown in jail for 10 years simply for displaying a firearm during the commission of a crime. Add any other charges to that.
    The Last four letters

American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    This issue really is not as complicated as everyone keeps trying to make it. Let us own what ever we want to own and punish us if we use what we own against other citizens. This covers guns, vehicles, baseball bats, rope, toxic liquids and everything else that has been abused to do harm to others.
    The problem is that many of these gunmen who break the law do not fear punishment as they commit suicide.

Simply punishing people Is not going to work.....these people have lost their minds and care not about jail or death.

You guys made your rebuttal. What percentage of Americans across the board do you think would consider your responses as good, solid, reasonable, down to earth responses that they would agree with? Just give me a number.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    You guys made your rebuttal. What percentage of Americans across the board do you think would consider your responses as good, solid, reasonable, down to earth responses that they would agree with? Just give me a number.
    Are you talking liberals or people that have a competent rationale?
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Just give a number, not excuses.

no number will make you happy, but just for giggles lets go with the 82% of Americans that agree with 2nd Amendment.

But Im sure we can poll certain groups and come up with whatever number you want.
    The Last four letters

any questions

thats funny right there,
    The Last four letters

any questions

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    no number will make you happy, but just for giggles lets go with the 82% of Americans that agree with 2nd Amendment.
    Dodge and shift.

I didn’t ask who agrees with the broad definition of the Second Amendment, I asked what percentage of US citizenry do you think would agree with yours and JP’s rebuttal to my post.

Dodge and shift.

I didn’t ask who agrees with the broad definition of the Second Amendment, I asked what percentage of US citizenry do you think would agree with yours and JP’s rebuttal to my post.
    I really don't care, make up a number and impress us
    The Last four letters

any questions

While some on here consider me liberal, I am quite conservative and I think the rebuttals were excellent and would venture to say everyone from the Pacific Ocean to the Gulf of Mexico to the Atlantic Ocean to the Mexican and Canadian Borders who are competent or not would agree. Around 300 million

Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post
    Does that include my tongue? It can get pretty sharp.
    Only if you actually cut someone with it, stick it somewhere where it interferes with someone elses rights or give someone a wet Willy with it.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    The problem is that many of these gunmen who break the law do not fear punishment as they commit suicide.

Simply punishing people Is not going to work.....these people have lost their minds and care not about jail or death.
    Those who commit suicide always attack soft targets where they know they will not be resisted by others being armed. This is always a matter of the nutcase wanting to go out doing as much damage to the world as they can because of some misguided belief or just because they are wired wrong. While actually making use of existing laws for punishment for these offenders may not prevent this particular type of offender from committing this particular act of violence, making it so that there are less soft targets to entice such an individual to go off in the first place is still a positive action.

100% of those who think rationally.

Page 57 of 255 FirstFirst ... 74750515253545556575859606162636467107157 ... LastLast