Page 53 of 261 FirstFirst ... 34346474849505152535455565758596063103153 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post
    Maybe they can us with the same level scrutiny they put the Fort Hood shooter through, or many of those fine deviants that work for TSA?

Any good sociopathic liar worth a grain of salt can fool a test or a psychiatrist for just long as they want to.
    I can vouch for this.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

"Any good sociopathic liar worth a grain of salt can fool a test or a psychiatrist for just long as they want to."

Isnt the above reason enough to restrict the sale of guns...... Just think of the potential maniacs we already have out there...... ticking time bombs just waiting to explode and wreak havoc upon the innocent......

Some of the actions and outbursts I have witnessed on this very forum have lead me to believe that this old world is full of violent nut jobs just waiting for the right moment to whip out a gun and start blasting.

Take the guns out of the hands of these people before they can start popping their corks on us normal well adjusted citizens.

And of course.... for you crime statistics folks out there....... You take a gun out of the hands of an ordinary non criminal citizen ( But who is likely to be a maniac waiting to happen)...you also take another gun off the street that can be stolen and used by a criminal.

Like killing two birds with one stone..... logical and efficient....

I believe even old pointy eared spock would agree....
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Lucky Charms..... they're logically efficient...
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    I think people should be recertified.... what if I was once certified but had a severe mental breakdown.

Reoccurring certification or at least personality test would be beneficial.
    My nephew went thru a personality analysis with a professional psychologist when applying for a job as a police officer. He was rejected by the psychologist because he replied when asked if he believed the Bible was the actual Word of God that "Yes, the Bible is the Word of God" and I believe it. My nephew was also a part-time Baptist minister.

So, much for a professional psychological test for gun ownership! BTW, my nephew was hired a short time later by the Minneapolis police department and served with them as an officer for 12 years before he passed away.

So, perhaps I would lose my gun ownership rights if I provide the wrong political or religous answers to their questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post

My nephew went thru a personality analysis with a professional psychologist when applying for a job as a police officer. He was rejected by the psychologist because he replied when asked if he believed the Bible was the actual Word of God that "Yes, the Bible is the Word of God" and I believe it. My nephew was also a part-time Baptist minister.

So, much for a professional psychological test for gun ownership! BTW, my nephew was hired a short time later by the Minneapolis police department and served with them as an officer for 12 years before he passed away.

So, perhaps I would lose my gun ownership rights if I provide the wrong political or religous answers to their questions.
    Well technically believing in an invisible man who controls everything we do is a little nuts....at least that's what they told my sister when she brought her imaginary boyfriend to meet the parents.

Besides...only parts of the Bible are the "words of God".

Actually....God didn't write any of the bible himself....it all came from some middle men....so maybe that's why he was denied by the psych.

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    Well technically believing in an invisible man who controls everything we do is a little nuts....at least that's what they told my sister when she brought her imaginary boyfriend to dinner with the folks.
    Yes, believing in invisible men is a bit off kilter. What does this have to do with understanding that the Universe is of intelligent design by a Creator that is beyond our physical comprehension?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Is this the way you kiwi's go about convincing others why it's ok for you to have so many sheep?

Also, do you happen to recognize this person?

http://www.israelnewsagency.com/iran...ism500710.html
    Unfortunately us Kiwi's do not get a better sex allowance from our federal govt, so we have to do with sheep. As we are multicultural, so must be our sheep, hence the large number. barbar

The guy is a lunatic (in our western opinion), so you restrict what weapons he can have, does this sound like a familiar argument.

Yes, believing in invisible men is a bit off kilter. What does this have to do with understanding that the Universe is of intelligent design by a Creator that is beyond our physical comprehension?
    Absolutely nothing.

[QUOTE=Hugh B;14904501]My nephew went thru a personality analysis with a professional psychologist when applying for a job as a police officer. He was rejected by the psychologist because he replied when asked if he believed the Bible was the actual Word of God that "Yes, the Bible is the Word of God" and I believe it. My nephew was also a part-time Baptist minister.

So, perhaps I would lose my gun ownership rights if I provide the wrong political or religous answers to their questions.[/QUOTE

I find that your contention that just because he said the bible was the actual word of God he was denied entry based on one comment a little hard to believe.

Please

Perhaps there is a little MORE to the story?

And did you miss the part about an appeal process in a previous post?

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    MAYBE doesn't enter into this question.

Most of the people screaming for more laws don't have half a clue what the laws regarding firearms are.

Heck, I've had to explain the difference between a semi-automatic rifle and a machine gun to some of these goofs.
    So what are your laws on gun safety? Ours are well spelled out and easy to look up. I am sure you have some, why are the gun crowd not pointing to them showing they are already there?
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

This interview with John Lott is quite rational in explanations of many of the reasons why having too much gun control in the U.S. is not a good thing for Americans overall. http://www.press.uchicago.edu/Misc/Chicago/493636.html

And for those who keep citing other statistics in other countries, please keep in mind that Americans are used to more overall freedoms (Canadians cannot even have radio stations dedicated to what they prefer to listen to) and the U.S. is much more geographically accessable than countries such as Japan, the UK and Australia.
    Your reaching there buddy.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by mcjo tech View Post
    I understand and this is a valid point.

But here in the US we already have certifications for concealed carry permits and the ability to issue them.

Why not just extend this to if a person wants to purchase a semi automatic weapon they need to have a similar permit prior to purchasing one.

I have yet to have anyone say or explain why they are not in favor of such a regulation other then it is against their rights which is BS because that it simply not the case or their contention that it won't do anything to prevent these killings which is also a bunch of BS.
    As I have asked, what are the requirements to own a firearm in the U.S., we need to be licensed and renew our licenses every five years.

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post

As I have asked, what are the requirements to own a firearm in the U.S., we need to be licensed and renew our licenses every five years.
    You just have to be a citizen with no felony convictions on your record.....that's about it.

Page 53 of 261 FirstFirst ... 34346474849505152535455565758596063103153 ... LastLast