Why do you feel the need to own a gun? - Page 40
Page 40 of 255 FirstFirst ... 303334353637383940414243444546475090140 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mcjo tech View Post
    Yes but a car is not made with the intent to kill with it.

A firearm on the other hand is.

And your point about cars killing more people then guns is not really relevant.

Don't see what point you are trying to make that has any relevance to the discussion about whether a person should be required to take a class or pass some certification prior to purchasing a firearm.

But please feel free to enlighten me.
    I didn't know that was the topic, really.

We agree on that, 100%.

The point I'm driving at is that we've GOT all that training, licensing and stuff with cars and they are still operated irresponsibly enough to kill more people than guns do WITHOUT that training and licensing.

Maybe, training and licensing isn't the answer that we think that it will be.

Maybe the problem is larger than anything that any governmental regulation can fix.

I know that I'm not very likely to kill someone with my guns. I'm not going to shoot up a school or a mall. It's not part of my mental makeup. I don't have those mental urges or desires. I never have.

What we need to concentrate on, I think, is WHY someone like Lanza or Loughner DOES have that desire. WHY do they want to kill people? WHY do they have those urges and desires?

As I asked before, what makes a 13 year old kid want to shoot another kid over a pair of sneakers when, only a generation or so ago, those same 13 year old kids were capable of being trusted with rifles in schools?

What has changed?

What is different?

I don't think that it's the guns.
    I don't think it's the sneakers.

I'm not 100% sure WHAT it is.

As I said, I don't have the answers, but I've got ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    I didn't know that was the topic, really.

We agree on that, 100%.

The point I'm driving at is that we've GOT all that training, licensing and stuff with cars and they are still operated irresponsibly enough to kill more people than guns do WITHOUT that training and licensing.

Maybe, training and licensing isn't the answer that we think that it will be.

Maybe the problem is larger than anything that any governmental regulation can fix.

I know that I'm not very likely to kill someone with my guns. I'm not going to shoot up a school or a mall. It's not part of my mental makeup. I don't have those mental urges or desires. I never have.

What we need to concentrate on, I think, is WHY someone like Lanza or Loughner DOES have that desire. WHY do they want to kill people? WHY do they have those urges and desires?

As I asked before, what makes a 13 year old kid want to shoot another kid over a pair of sneakers when, only a generation or so ago, those same 13 year old kids were capable of being trusted with rifles in schools?

What has changed?

What is different?

I don't think that it's the guns.
    I don't think it's the sneakers.

I'm not 100% sure WHAT it is.

As I said, I don't have the answers, but I've got ideas.
    I would agree that we need to find out why and treat their mental disorders.

But we also need to try to keep deadly firearms out of their hands.

The combination of wacko and firearms is not a good one.

I think we can both agree on that.

Quote Originally Posted by mcjo tech View Post
    I would agree that we need to find out why and treat their mental disorders.

But we also need to try to keep deadly firearms out of their hands.

The combination of wacko and firearms is not a good one.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Exactly.
    I've enjoyed our conversation.

Once again

Happy New Year!!

After reading a few news feeds, I think we are facing confiscation.

Biden is not even letting the NRA at the table. He is refusing to talk to anyone from a Pro Gun organization. basically Biden is telling every gun owner in America, go pound sand

Feinstein and Cuomo are both yapping about Confiscating all assault weapons. There was talk about a buy back, but I don't think there is any money in the budget for that so they are just going to TRY and take them (at least in NY and Ca.)

and there is talk of Cuomo running for President in 2016. so he's going to want to look like he's tough on Assault Weapons.

So as of this moment, mine are for sale. Im cashing in before The SHTF
    BEING AN ADULT

is the dumbest thing I have ever done

Because I Can . How would i go Hunting ? How would i go Target Shooting ? How would i stop the ******* that is robbing me at gun point ?
    If a Ram is a Sheep, And an Ass is a Donkey, Why is a Ram in the Ass a Goose?

Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    Where was that Ace?
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post

Biden is not even letting the NRA at the table. He is refusing to talk to anyone from a Pro Gun organization. basically Biden is telling every gun owner in America, go pound sand

Feinstein and Cuomo are both yapping about Confiscating all assault weapons. There was talk about a buy back, but I don't think there is any money in the budget for that so they are just going to TRY and take them (at least in NY and Ca.)

and there is talk of Cuomo running for President in 2016. so he's going to want to look like he's tough on Assault Weapons.

I'll give you what the LA police recently paid for guns. No questions asked. $100 for pistols and $200 for rifles or shotguns and I'll pay shipping

Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    Where was that Ace?

I'll come get them, I don't want them traced back to me

I don't disagree that they WANT confiscation, but I seriously doubt that they'll ever get what they want.

They can't afford their bills, now, and the American people KNOW it, so a buy back is off the table.

Confiscation is another matter. I seriously think that federal agents coming to take guns away is a nightmare of epic proportions for both sides. A PR nightmare.

I'd like to know how many of these anti-gun politicians either have guns themselves or have taxpayer paid protection that carry guns.
    If the laws they want to enact had the same effect for them as they do the average citizen they might sing a different tune.

The problem with majority rule is that the majority is unaware that they are sheep being herded for profit.
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    An engineer designs what he would never work on.
    A technician works on what he would never design.

Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    I'll give you what the LA police recently paid for guns. No questions asked. $100 for pistols and $200 for rifles or shotguns and I'll pay shipping
    your about $2300 short bubba. Would you actually GIVE your car to a dealer for pennies on the dollar? I don't think so. So why would I GIVE my rifle away.

and BTW, a gun buy back program is a great business model for thieves. Break into someones home, steal there firearms (assuming they aren't secured) and turn them in for a couple hundred bucks. or better yet, break into a gun store and steal a bunch of firearms.......jackpot
    BEING AN ADULT

is the dumbest thing I have ever done

Talk about overreacting.

Man sometimes I wonder if some of you just like Drama.

The gobment ain't going to barge into your house guns blazing and confiscate your guns.

Geeeez

At worst they are going to ban what they consider to be assualt weapons.

And if you already own one it will be grandfathered.

Take a chill pilll and go back to doing something relaxing like cleaning your guns.

your about $2300 short bubba. Would you actually GIVE your car to a dealer for pennies on the dollar? I don't think so. So why would I GIVE my rifle away.

and BTW, a gun buy back program is a great business model for thieves. Break into someones home, steal there firearms (assuming they aren't secured) and turn them in for a couple hundred bucks. or better yet, break into a gun store and steal a bunch of firearms.......jackpot
    I know I'm short, but fear is your enemy not me. I'd gladly sell the back to you after the
    witch hunt is over, for what
    I paid for them

Page 40 of 255 FirstFirst ... 303334353637383940414243444546475090140 ... LastLast