Page 4 of 216 FirstFirst 12345678910111454104 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    The original question that started this post was the wrong question in the first place. "Why do you feel the need to own a gun?" I don't own a gun because I feel anything. My ownership of firearms has absolutely nothing to do with "feelings"

My ownership has to do with careful logical thought and considersation for my personal wellbeing, safety, security and rights. It is the liberals who live by their "feelings". Not me!

Hugh
    excellent response
    "Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    The original question that started this post was the wrong question in the first place. "Why do you feel the need to own a gun?" I don't own a gun because I feel anything. My ownership of firearms has absolutely nothing to do with "feelings"

My ownership has to do with careful logical thought and considersation for my personal wellbeing, safety, security and rights. It is the liberals who live by their "feelings". Not me!

Hugh
    Ok then, why do you believe?
    Let me ask you something. Are you a religious man?
    If you are then you are not logical. You feel.
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten". --Benjamin Franklin
    "Don't argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". --Mark Twain
    http://www.campbellmechanical.com

Quote Originally Posted by air1 View Post
    Faith is logical, its illogical to think there is no creator.

Faith is Logical? Now that's a oxymoron.
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten". --Benjamin Franklin
    "Don't argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". --Mark Twain

He already gave you a great honest reply. Why change the topic? I am guessing you did not like the answer...
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"Ain't nobody got time for that". Corny

Faith is Logical? Now that's a oxymoron.
    Not at all!

To a deaf person... dancing is strange because they do not hear the music.

In the same way; faith is meaningless to someone that does not KNOW (as in personal relationship) God.

One has to be willing to understand outside their own box.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Galatians 2:20-21; Colossians 1: 21-22 & 26-27; 3:1-4; Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service.

Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    He already gave you a great honest reply. Why change the topic? I am guessing you did not like the answer...
    I guess your right. He was trying to express his "feelings". I just "felt" he was being critical of my choice of words. Semantics. But your right, I over reacted and I apologize. He has a right to express his opinion.

I guess your right. He was trying to express his "feelings". I just "felt" he was being critical of my choice of words. Semantics. But your right, I over reacted and I apologize. He has a right to express his opinion.
    I am very impressed with your honest and cordial reply. I am sure most of the rest of the men here are also. Admirably spoken.

I am one of those that own handguns as a matter of logical thought, not feelings. It is circumstantial. If I lived in a very secure upscale apartment place, I might not even own a gun. Logical. My home is 20 miles from any city, I logically own a gun. I would be at the mercy of some home invader or robber without as gun. My shop is in the city, same deal, I am not going to let my valuables ride off into the sun-set without a fight. My truck is a fortune on wheels for me, my livelihood, so I am not going to let some crack-head dope take it away from me without some resistance potential. I logically own a gun in the latter case, quite honestly, to protect my truck. I don't think gun ownership for me is a matter of bodily protection logically so much as protection of my property. But the two go hand in hand, victims are subject to bodily harm from robbers.

Sort of like being your own 'police'. I know I am not as good as the regular police, but I am there, they ain't.

I just read a article on the CNN website where the author states; "the dangers gun owners face are traceable to the prevalence of the very guns from which they so tragically mistakenly expect to gain safety."
    Kinda ironic don't you think?

I think his point was that in a large percentage of gun homicides the victim knew the assailant. And guns in the home were more likely to be used for suicide or in a negligent discharge resulting in death than for self defense.
    So it's more likely that a gun would be used for suicide, kill your wife's lover, or to accidentally shoot yourself than be used for self defense. No doubt there are some that live in dangerous environment where owning a gun is logical. But, in most cases given the likelihood of the gun being used for non self defense reasons, it's illogical. More of a feeling thing.

I just read a article on the CNN website where the author states; "the dangers gun owners face are traceable to the prevalence of the very guns from which they so tragically mistakenly expect to gain safety."
    That is utterly foolish anti-gun rhetoric non-sense.

There are thousands being murdered in Mexico by illegal guns, as an example. The criminals will have guns. The rest of us should also.

home invasions , pure and simple....i read about them every day , just read about a guy that heard a noise and got up with his gun and found a man with a gun coming up the stairs at him.....he saw his hand coming up with the gun and he(the h o) started blasting away.....he got away but the man saved his family from ????????......scares me to be at the mercy of some criminal totally unable to defend my family....is this part of an answer you're looking for?? home defense should be any mans top priority.....Jack
    B[COLOR=a friend is one who knows us , but loves us anyway

this "writer" automatically assumes anyone with a firearm is inherently UNSAFE. and that simply owning a firearm puts yourself at great danger.

The impetuous being a bag guy will take my own firearm and kill me with it OR someone ( i would assume a child)in the household would get a hold of my firearm and accidentally hurt themselves or a friend.

This is utter nonsense. It comes from a complete lack of knowledge of the subject matter.
    "Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

Page 4 of 216 FirstFirst 12345678910111454104 ... LastLast