Page 33 of 216 FirstFirst ... 232627282930313233343536373839404383133 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    How can a simple detail like this be reported incorrectly? The first thing police do when they come upon a crime scene like that is secure the weapons. As was reported early on the three guns were two pistols and the .223. How could that be so difficult to report accurately? How could the police and Feds be so wrong about it? The reporters were strictly going off what the police told them.

I can see how the media will exaggerate and call the guns that were retrieved from the trunk of his car as ‘guns retrieved from the crime scene’, which they are not, but how do they get the guns retrieved from the classroom wrong? And if they were wrong they would owe us a big retraction. I never saw it, did you?

When I hear ten reports saying one thing and one reporting another, I go with the ten. Until now they are still saying he was armed with the .223.
    To your first question.

How can it be reported incorrectly? Well, it has been reported multiple ways. I think that I'll wait until the FINAL report is issued to believe anything.

Quote Originally Posted by mcjo tech View Post
    Some one help me understand the differing opinions here.

Really I want to know not BSing

What difference does it make whether he massacred them with a semi automatic rifle or semi automatic handguns?

All weapons used in the killings were some type of semi automatic weapons with IMO large ammo delivery capacity clips.
    ok First off, Im going to say you don't know what your talking about as evidenced by your continual inability to use the correct terms when referencing parts of a firearm

I have let this go long enough. There is a difference between a Clip and a Magazine. Anyone even remotely knowledgeable in firearms knows the difference

so let me help you and Nancy Pelosi, Dianne Feinstein, Barb Boxer and Chuck Schumer out

A magazine is a DETACHABLE ammunition feeding device. You load cartridges (to dumb it down for you...bullets) into a MAGAZINE, then the MAGAZINE is inserted into the firearm.

A CLIP is a device that feed ammunition into a MAGAZINE. Usually into a magazine that is internal to the the firearm. Such as a M1 Garand.

so lets review: Magazines are external to a firearm, clips feed magazines....

now lets try yo use the correct terms so you don't sound like a politician
    "Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    To your first question.

How can it be reported incorrectly? Well, it has been reported multiple ways. I think that I'll wait until the FINAL report is issued to believe anything.
    So you really think the local police and the Feds on the scene that day would go on record, when the world is watching, and tell us they found two pistols and a .223 that were uses in the massacre, let it be picked up and reported to the world with their name on it, be absolutely wrong about the .223 and neither agency make a retraction? Really?

So you really think the local police and the Feds on the scene that day would go on record, when the world is watching, and tell us they found two pistols and a .223 that were uses in the massacre, let it be picked up and reported to the world with their name on it, be absolutely wrong about the .223 and neither agency make a retraction? Really?
    I've posted several reports that state that then .223 was not used. I've read even more of them.

Then we hear that it was used.

Who is right? Who is wrong?

There is an awful lot of conflicting and contradictory information still trickling out.

As I said, I'll wait until the final report is issued.

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    ok First off, Im going to say you don't know what your talking about as evidenced by your continual inability to use the correct terms when referencing parts of a firearm

I have let this go long enough. There is a difference between a Clip and a Magazine. Anyone even remotely knowledgeable in firearms knows the difference

so let me help you and Nancy Pelosi, Dianne Feinstein, Barb Boxer and Chuck Schumer out

A magazine is a DETACHABLE ammunition feeding device. You load cartridges (to dumb it down for you...bullets) into a MAGAZINE, then the MAGAZINE is inserted into the firearm.

A CLIP is a device that feed ammunition into a MAGAZINE. Usually into a magazine that is internal to the the firearm. Such as a M1 Garand.

so lets review: Magazines are external to a firearm, clips feed magazines....

now lets try yo use the correct terms so you don't sound like a politician
    So Rootin Tootin Yosemite Sam,

I don't care what you think and anyone with half a brain knows what point I was making.

Clip, Magazine, lots of bullets, who cares.

If this is all you got as a rebutal then it just makes you look petty and grasping at straws for some type of substance so you can appear as though you have an ounce of intelligence.

Which from your posts is apparent you are void of.

And ranting about whether it is a Clip or Magazine doesn't make any difference or bring anything in the form of a solution to the problem.
    Last edited by mcjo tech; 12-30-2012 at 08:38 PM.

So Rootin Tootin Yosemite Sam,

I don't care what you think and anyone with half a brain knows what point I was making.

Clip, Magazine, lots of bullets, who cares.

If this is all you got as a rebutal then it just makes you look petty and grasping at straws for some type of substance so you can appear as though you have an ounce of intellegence.

Which from your posts it is apparent you are void of.

And ranting about whether it is a Clip or Magazine doesn't make any difference or bring anything in the form of a solution to the problem.
    you mean other than you looking like a complete imbecile, yep, you sir are correct, congrats.

and I have given you my solution to "the problem", it's people like you that like to bend over everytime some hysterical moronic politician opens there mouths, you better oder a case of Vaseline, your going to need it, because your pals at 1600 Penn Ave aren't going to supply it
    "Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

JPSmith,

Here we have a lieutenant that was at the scene going on record saying he carried and used that type of gun. Who are the sources of the reports you are quoting? Or are you just quoting a news reporter?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2312818.html

NEWTOWN, Conn. -- Adam Lanza used a semiautomatic Bushmaster .223 rifle during his rampage through Sandy Hook Elementary School on Friday, firing dozens of high-velocity rounds as he killed 20 children and six adults, authorities said Sunday.

Lanza, 20, carried "many high-capacity clips" for the lightweight military-style rifle, Lt. Paul Vance, a spokesman for the Connecticut State Police, told The Huffington Post in an email. Two handguns and a shotgun were also recovered at the scene.

Oh and it looks like a lieutenant used the word ‘clip’…maybe he isn’t familiar with guns either?

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    you mean other than you looking like a complete imbecile, yep, you sir are correct, congrats.

and I have given you my solution to "the problem", it's people like you that like to bend over everytime some hysterical moronic politician opens there mouths, you better oder a case of Vaseline, your going to need it, because your pals at 1600 Penn Ave aren't going to supply it
    You need to step back from the Liquor Bar.

And go sober up.

You already got one thread closed .

The only imbecile here is you.

Here we have a lieutenant that was at the scene going on record saying he carried and used that type of gun. Who are the sources of the reports you are quoting? Or are you just quoting a news reporter?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2312818.html

NEWTOWN, Conn. -- Adam Lanza used a semiautomatic Bushmaster .223 rifle during his rampage through Sandy Hook Elementary School on Friday, firing dozens of high-velocity rounds as he killed 20 children and six adults, authorities said Sunday.

Lanza, 20, carried "many high-capacity clips" for the lightweight military-style rifle, Lt. Paul Vance, a spokesman for the Connecticut State Police, told The Huffington Post in an email. Two handguns and a shotgun were also recovered at the scene.

Oh and it looks like a lieutenant used the word ‘clip’…maybe he isn’t familiar with guns either?
    Clip, magazine.... whatever gets your point across.... I have .223 stripper clipped and in bandoliers...... Just hope I can still find a couple of the loading tools....

nyuk nyuk nyuk......

I dont see what kind of an agenda someone could have by falsely reporting that he used a bushwhacker instead of a pistol...... I mean ...both are guns...and hopefully these new gun regs coming up will render them both useless to own..... or at least so costly to shoot that only someone in the 1 percent can afford them.....

Yep.... there is a new sheriff in town and he is going to take your guns or make them rediculously expensive to shoot.... Looks like the old second amendment might get microscoped here in the next year or so......as Obama shreds the constitution.... for the children.
    As Seen On You Tube (usually under someone elses name)

Please tell me you gun enthusiasts, what good is a lightweight, nimble, high caliber rifle with a large magazine like a Bushmaster .223. How does it outperform a longer barreled hunting rifle during hunting or a medium caliber pistol for home or CCW defense? What are it’s outstanding selling features? How would you convince the public that it has a good purpose for personal use.

And go sober up.

i have given up caring what you think, or any other liberal for that matter, your masters in Washington are calling, run along little one

And go sober up.

No he is not. I have also been called an imbecile. No need to go all 'Peirs Morgan' on ourselves guys.

And don't tell ME to go sober up, or I will wash your mouth out with soap. Lye-soap, the hard stuff.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"Ain't nobody got time for that". Corny

Please tell me you gun enthusiasts, what good is a lightweight, nimble, high caliber rifle with a large magazine like a Bushmaster .223. How does it outperform a longer barreled hunting rifle during hunting or a medium caliber pistol for home or CCW defense? What are it’s outstanding selling features? How would you convince the public that it has a good purpose for personal use.
    I would say a rifle is almost always better than a pistol. A pistol only has value at close quarters and portability convenience. You cannot CCW a rifle. Basically a range difference. At 30 feet I can easily hit a freon jug with a pistol, soda can on the small end with a rifle.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"Ain't nobody got time for that". Corny

Page 33 of 216 FirstFirst ... 232627282930313233343536373839404383133 ... LastLast