Page 215 of 267 FirstFirst ... 115165205208209210211212213214215216217218219220221222225265 ... LastLast
Results 2,783 to 2,795 of 3470
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Why does Brian know the letter of the law in this case, but attempt to refute the letter of the law where guns are concerned?

Or am I the only one who has noticed that?
    ya beat me to it LOL
    LOVE has four letters

So does BEER, DEER,GUNS AND FISH

Why does Brian know the letter of the law in this case, but attempt to refute the letter of the law where guns are concerned?

Geez. I thought my post was emphasizing that there is no “letter of the law” nor that it is written in “black and white”. Who would think that having no written contract twice and then losing in the courtroom would turn out to be wins all three times? I’m showing that the law is enforced on a sliding scale…ie who you are, who you know, where you are, what you know about the law, what are the circumstances, and……… whether you happen to live in a rural area of Northern California or in one of the biggest cities in CA that occupy 99.9% of the population. Or, whether you get your information from the internet or from actually being there.

I said I was wrong about the “may issue’ letter of the law, but I’m right about how it is enforced as a “shall not issue” 99.9% of the time. Frankly I don’t care how a law is written, rather how it is enforced. That’s how I drive 9mph over the speed limit with impunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    Geez. I thought my post was emphasizing that there is no “letter of the law” nor that it is written in “black and white”. Who would think that having no written contract twice and then losing in the courtroom would turn out to be wins all three times? I’m showing that the law is enforced on a sliding scale…ie who you are, who you know, where you are, what you know about the law, what are the circumstances, and……… whether you happen to live in a rural area of Northern California or in one of the biggest cities in CA that occupy 99.9% of the population. Or, whether you get your information from the internet or from actually being there.

I said I was wrong about the “may issue’ letter of the law, but I’m right about how it is enforced as a “shall not issue” 99.9% of the time. Frankly I don’t care how a law is written, rather how it is enforced. That’s how I drive 9mph over the speed limit with impunity.

Thanks, Brian, for making one of my points for me. It IS about ENFORCEMENT!

It's about ENFORCING the laws that we already have in this nation, NOT IGNORING THEM.

Before we continue yammering about useless gun bans, magazine limitations and other twaddle, LET'S ENFORCE THE LAWS WE ALREADY HAVE!

I know that it's a stretch, but, hey, it might work. It sure hasn't been tried, yet.

Or, you can continue to live in Cala-la-land where guns are mystical and illegal things and crazy ex-cops shoot unarmed civilians.

So much for the police training theory to reduce violence...

Thanks, Brian, for making one of my points for me. It IS about ENFORCEMENT!

It's about ENFORCING the laws that we already have in this nation, NOT IGNORING THEM.

Before we continue yammering about useless gun bans, magazine limitations and other twaddle, LET'S ENFORCE THE LAWS WE ALREADY HAVE!

I know that it's a stretch, but, hey, it might work. It sure hasn't been tried, yet.

Or, you can continue to live in Cala-la-land where guns are mystical and illegal things and crazy ex-cops shoot unarmed civilians.

So much for the police training theory to reduce violence...

don't get me started, over 40 rounds shot at the BACK OF A PICKUP TRUCK without identifying the occupants and ONLY 3 HITS???? ya, no one needs a 30 round mag, especially if you can't kill a couple old ladies......freaking idiots. These cops should go to jail
    LOVE has four letters

So does BEER, DEER,GUNS AND FISH

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    don't get me started, over 40 rounds shot at the BACK OF A PICKUP TRUCK without identifying the occupants and ONLY 3 HITS???? ya, no one needs a 30 round mag, especially if you can't kill a couple old ladies......freaking idiots. These cops should go to jail

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/02/07...ng-for-murder/

I was just looking that one up.

"Highly trained" officers shooting the WRONG target and missing it far more than they hit it.

"Always be sure of your target and what is beyond it." PRIMARY gun safety rule broken.

These officers should IMMEDIATELY be removed from the force with cause, no pay, no re-hire, and charge with felony assault with a deadly weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    Common sense tells us those things, but apparently criminals don't always use common sense or else they wouldn't be criminals.

You ask me if I would rob a group of hunters....well that depends. Am I on mind altering drugs? Do I have a full auto ak-47 to their shotguns that are sitting inside their campers unattended? Are they asleep and left their guns leaned up against a tree?
    MeThinks you may be lacking in common sense... and a bit green/wet behind the ears.

And your answer about robbing a group of hunters is smoke. Go down to Texas and try it... you will come back home in a box... that is, a coffin.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

All I'm saying is that guns are not the only factor in crime....guns can also be looked at as a prevention and contributor to crime. Statistics are not black and white... an infinite number of possibilities play into each and every crime.
    On this one fact... you and I can agree. And IMO statistics can be spun to say anything one wants them to say.

This is why what happens in the REAL world is more important than what a bunch of numbers say.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Oh, many of us know this...

IMO it is because this is all a game to Brian... Libs are like that.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

A little humor for fun... read the captions... they come quickly:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5Awh...ature=youtu.be

GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post

MeThinks you may be lacking in common sense... and a bit green/wet behind the ears.

And your answer about robbing a group of hunters is smoke. Go down to Texas and try it... you will come back home in a box... that is, a coffin.
    I have no doubt that I would end up in a coffin...I'm not a thief. You take some of these career criminals or tweekers and there's no telling what they would/could do.

Why is it that I'm the one lacking common sense just because I believe that there will always be crime no matter how many guns are around?

I have no doubt that I would end up in a coffin...I'm not a thief. You take some of these career criminals or tweekers and there's no telling what they would/could do.

Why is it that I'm the one lacking common sense just because I believe that there will always be crime no matter how many guns are around?
    You and I agree there will ALWAYS be crime around...

What you and many of us disagree on is whether a criminal will attempt crime where there is deadly force to stop them... when they could go somewhere else and not worry about resistance. Do you understand that part?

Kinda like whether a purse snatcher would try to take a purse from a little old lady... or a BIG female college athlete. Similar: One is an easy target with little danger of resistance... the other poses a serious threat to success.... and quite possibly bodily harm to the criminal.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post

You and I agree there will ALWAYS be crime around...

What you and many of us disagree on is whether a criminal will attempt crime where there is deadly force to stop them... when they could go somewhere else and not worry about resistance. Do you understand that part?

Kinda like whether a purse snatcher would try to take a purse from a little old lady... or a BIG female college athlete. Similar: One is an easy target with little danger of resistance... the other poses a serious threat to success.... and quite possibly bodily harm to the criminal.
    Yeah I do agree that many if most criminals will go for the weaker target, but there will always be the ones that either don't care or don't know any better. Like a person on LSD for example....these people believe they have super powers.

Page 215 of 267 FirstFirst ... 115165205208209210211212213214215216217218219220221222225265 ... LastLast