Page 213 of 267 FirstFirst ... 113163203206207208209210211212213214215216217218219220223263 ... LastLast
Results 2,757 to 2,769 of 3470
    Would anyone like to guess at which state has the highest murder rate per 100k people?

Check this out.....I pulled up all four different types of open carry, then chose four states from each category. Beside each state I wrote down it's 2011 murder rate per 100k people.

Permissive open carry- no state restrictions.

New Mexico
    7.5 per 100k

Nevada
    5.2 per 100k

Montana
    2.8 per 100k

Idaho
    2.3 per 100k

Open carry states requiring a license

Oklahoma
    5.5 per 100k

Mississippi
    8.0 per 100k

Georgia
    5.6 per 100k

Minnesota
    1.4 per 100k

Anomalous carry states- you can open carry but if someone complains you can get in trouble.

Louisiana
    11.2 per 100k

Washington
    2.4 per 100k

Nebraska
    3.6 per 100k

Michigan
    6.2 per 100k

States that forbid open carry

Texas
    4.4 per 100k

California
    4.8 per 100k

New York
    4.0 per 100k

Illinois
    5.6 per 100k

If guns have anything at all to do with crime , it's not a huge game changer.

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    Would anyone like to guess at which state has the highest murder rate per 100k people?
    Don't have to guess; it is the state of wussies and victims....

Don't forget to show us what "statistics" you are using. Make sure your "statistics" let us know how many of those murdered are gang members, criminals shot dead by intended victims etc. After all, do we really want to count the bad guys as having been "murdered"?

What's really interesting is that the national murder rate since 1970, according to "statistics", was in 1980....the height of disco....coincidence? I THINK NOT! (That constant thumping background on every disco song was enough to make anyone want to kill somebody!)
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Check this out.....I pulled up all four different types of open carry, then chose four states from each category. Beside each state I wrote down it's 2011 murder rate per 100k people.

Permissive open carry- no state restrictions.

New Mexico
    7.5 per 100k

Nevada
    5.2 per 100k

Montana
    2.8 per 100k

Idaho
    2.3 per 100k

Open carry states requiring a license

Oklahoma
    5.5 per 100k

Mississippi
    8.0 per 100k

Georgia
    5.6 per 100k

Minnesota
    1.4 per 100k

Anomalous carry states- you can open carry but if someone complains you can get in trouble.

Louisiana
    11.2 per 100k

Washington
    2.4 per 100k

Nebraska
    3.6 per 100k

Michigan
    6.2 per 100k

States that forbid open carry

Texas
    4.4 per 100k

California
    4.8 per 100k

New York
    4.0 per 100k

Illinois
    5.6 per 100k

If guns have anything at all to do with crime , it's not a huge game changer.
    Actually... the skewing of the results shows there are more issues to the numbers than what is suggested.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post

Actually... the skewing of the results shows there are more issues to the numbers than what is suggested.
    How do ya figure?

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Don't have to guess; it is the state of wussies and victims....

Don't forget to show us what "statistics" you are using. Make sure your "statistics" let us know how many of those murdered are gang members, criminals shot dead by intended victims etc. After all, do we really want to count the bad guys as having been "murdered"?

What's really interesting is that the national murder rate since 1970, according to "statistics", was in 1980....the height of disco....coincidence? I THINK NOT! (That constant thumping background on every disco song was enough to make anyone want to kill somebody!)
    Louisiana has the highest.

Louisiana seems to be the only anomaly, the rest of the states are fairly even.

Drunk driving per state, per 100K

NY = 8.7

Louisiana = 31.25

Texas = 28.6

Michigan = 42.9

Ummmm, anyone seem to think your safer around guns than a drunk??? unless of course the drunk is carrying a firearm
    I only drink a little, but when I do
    I turn into another person and THAT person drinks a lot

Louisiana has the highest.
    Does that surprise anyone? New Orleans has been one of the most lawless cities in the nation for decades. New Orleans is where cops work as contract killers as side jobs. It's so bad in New Orleans that the movie Hard Target, about a company that hosts human safari hunts, was set in New Orleans because of it's lack of law enforcement.

Oh, and New Orleans, the most populace area and driving force behind Lousianna's politics, is full of Democrat liberals. Just like Maryland is geographically mostly conservative but population wise liberal because of Baltimore, Louisianna is geographically a conservative state but the massive population of New Orleans causes it to always lean to liberal.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    Louisiana seems to be the only anomaly, the rest of the states are fairly even.

Drunk driving per state, per 100K

NY = 8.7

Louisiana = 31.25

Texas = 28.6

Michigan = 42.9

Ummmm, anyone seem to think your safer around guns than a drunk??? unless of course the drunk is carrying a firearm
    I don't think anyone is saying guns are more dangerous than drunk drivers, both are issues that have terrible death stats.

Since you keep talking about this I will entertain the idea.....gun deaths set to top alcohol related car accidents by 2015...some states already have.

"
    Mr. Morgan, the problem that many American gun owners have with you and your continuous discussion of gun control is that you are not an American citizen and have an accent that is distinct and clarifies that you are a foreigner. I want you to know that I agree with you 100% on enacting stricter firearm laws but you must understand that your critics will always have in the back of their mind that you are native to a country that we won our sovereignty from while using firearms as a last resort in defense and you come from a country that has no legal private ownership of firearms. That is disheartening to American gun owners and rightfully so.”

Christopher Dorner

http://m.hollywoodreporter.com/news/...-dorner-419213

I don't think anyone is saying guns are more dangerous than drunk drivers, both are issues that have terrible death stats.

Since you keep talking about this I will entertain the idea.....gun deaths set to top alcohol related car accidents by 2015...some states already have.
    I would love to see your citations on this claim
    I only drink a little, but when I do
    I turn into another person and THAT person drinks a lot

Good grief, text messaging takes more lives than guns

See how easy it is to make stuff up

How do ya figure?
    In a word: local culture.

Folks think and behave differently in different parts of the country... Even here in metro Atlanta one finds different thinking and behavior on the other side of town.

Thinking the world works on sterile numbers is a form of deception IMO... In stead of trying to amass a bunch of numbers and make a career of interpreting them... we should just go out there and WORK for a living... and learn from our EXPERIENCES. It is called common sense. Problem is... it is not 'cool'... therein lies the rub... being 'trendy' seems to be more important than thinking clearly.

Then we need to add changing trends... The SAME people who say liberal when they are young... will say conservative when they grow more mature... not particularly old, just more mature. So to say things are this way or that way based on a survey at a specific point in time... well that is VERY short sighted.. and thus does not hold much truth. One really needs to look at the larger picture.

Problem with the larger picture is; It is hard to promote one's political career on large picture statistics... they are hard to manipulate... (whoops)
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Page 213 of 267 FirstFirst ... 113163203206207208209210211212213214215216217218219220223263 ... LastLast