Page 212 of 267 FirstFirst ... 112162202205206207208209210211212213214215216217218219222262 ... LastLast
Results 2,744 to 2,756 of 3470
  1. #2744
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Rochester, NY, USA
    Posts
    14,361
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    If your screen is fogging up it isn't from my hot air.
    ooops, my bad
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    LOVE has four letters

    So does BEER, DEER,GUNS AND FISH

  2. #2745
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    529
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    I should take some time off because you were wrong about California’s practiced CCW law? Besides, there are some here who have a far higher post count on this thread, but because you agree with them you aren’t recommending they “take some time off” too?
    I didn't want to participate in this post any longer because I remembered the old adage, "When you wrestle with a pig you get to a point where it becomes painfully obvious the pig likes to wrestle and you only end up getting dirty yourself".

    However, when the truth is stomped on I cannot, knowing the truth, with good conscience remain silent.


    No Brian, I was not wrong about CA's CCW law, I stated it is a "May Issue" state which it is.
    You should take time off because you are wrong and are so fearful of being shown that, that you make statements such as "Well, it's so close to being impossible it might as well be illegal" and "less than one tenth of one percent can get a CCW permit".

    The fact is that CCW permits have been issued to some CA residents which shows they are NOT illegal just that they have met the requirements and found favor with the governing authorities whether through legitimate applicatiom or being connected with the "right" people.

    The fact is that less than one tenth of one percent of the population of California have a permit but a only a very small percentage of the population have even applied for a CCW permit.

    More people in other "May Issue" states apply for permits than the number of people that apply in California resulting in the simple fact that more are approved in other states as they have made that first step of applying to start with. Plus the fact that there is a smaller "anti-gun" mentality in those states so there is a better chance of approval of each application.

    Less people in California even make application due to the fear that they will not be approved due to that fact alone. It is costly to apply and if denied, that money is gone.

    I do agree with some others on this thread with a higher post count than you but it's not them I see the symptoms in.

    I was suggesting you take some time off because you are acting like a cornered, feral rat. Snapping, growling, and spitting in fear that your whole belief system may collapse. Using your own words to argue your point and not using truthful information, because you don't have it. It doesn't exist or you would be already using it.

    Everyone sees you for what you are. Afraid and willfully ignorant.




    Everyone except you.

  3. #2746
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,534
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkahuna View Post
    I didn't want to participate in this post any longer because I remembered the old adage, "When you wrestle with a pig you get to a point where it becomes painfully obvious the pig likes to wrestle and you only end up getting dirty yourself".

    However, when the truth is stomped on I cannot, knowing the truth, with good conscience remain silent.


    No Brian, I was not wrong about CA's CCW law, I stated it is a "May Issue" state which it is.
    You should take time off because you are wrong and are so fearful of being shown that, that you make statements such as "Well, it's so close to being impossible it might as well be illegal" and "less than one tenth of one percent can get a CCW permit".

    The fact is that CCW permits have been issued to some CA residents which shows they are NOT illegal just that they have met the requirements and found favor with the governing authorities whether through legitimate applicatiom or being connected with the "right" people.

    The fact is that less than one tenth of one percent of the population of California have a permit but a only a very small percentage of the population have even applied for a CCW permit.

    More people in other "May Issue" states apply for permits than the number of people that apply in California resulting in the simple fact that more are approved in other states as they have made that first step of applying to start with. Plus the fact that there is a smaller "anti-gun" mentality in those states so there is a better chance of approval of each application.

    Less people in California even make application due to the fear that they will not be approved due to that fact alone. It is costly to apply and if denied, that money is gone.

    I do agree with some others on this thread with a higher post count than you but it's not them I see the symptoms in.

    I was suggesting you take some time off because you are acting like a cornered, feral rat. Snapping, growling, and spitting in fear that your whole belief system may collapse. Using your own words to argue your point and not using truthful information, because you don't have it. It doesn't exist or you would be already using it.

    Everyone sees you for what you are. Afraid and willfully ignorant.




    Everyone except you.
    If carrying a concealed weapon is illegal for 99.9% of the California population and getting a CCW permit is unobtainable to 99.9% of the population then in practice it is a “shall not issue” state. But when a law that pertains to 0.1% of the population makes you right…then ok, you are right.

    What I see is a new breed of people. They are the “internet educated” with no common sense.

  4. #2747
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Rochester, NY, USA
    Posts
    14,361
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    If carrying a concealed weapon is illegal for 99.9% of the California population and getting a CCW permit is unobtainable to 99.9% of the population then in practice it is a “shall not issue” state. But when a law that pertains to 0.1% of the population makes you right…then ok, you are right.

    What I see is a new breed of people. They are the “internet educated” with no common sense.
    and your the Valedictorian, congrat's
    LOVE has four letters

    So does BEER, DEER,GUNS AND FISH

  5. #2748
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    529
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    If carrying a concealed weapon is illegal for 99.9% of the California population and getting a CCW permit is unobtainable to 99.9% of the population then in practice it is a “shall not issue” state. But when a law that pertains to 0.1% of the population makes you right…then ok, you are right.

    What I see is a new breed of people. They are the “internet educated” with no common sense.
    I agree, we call them "Liberals".

    Go wrestle with yourself in the mud.

  6. #2749
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    25,773
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    Police all across the nation enforce laws that their constituents want enforced and allow behavior that they deem acceptable. This is a typical practice of law enforcement. How would you keep "law abiding" (not arrested for a felony yet) gang members from obtaining permits? Disqualify them on their ethnicity, baggy pants and tattoos?

    How many gang members by age 21 would meet those qualifications? I doubt very many at all.

    Most gun violence is in the inner city. Those would be the people that would want permits the most. Issuing CCW’s to those people would turn that part of town into the Wild West. And the poor cops there would be right in the middle of it. I doubt our CCW restrictions are mainly because of baseless, self-gratifying politics. That is a very shallow opinion.

    Provide proof. Since CCW has been legal in most states, nation-wide for many, many years one would think that your theory would have played itself out. Surely you can provide documentation to back your claim of "Wild West" style shootouts with law-abiding CCW holders.

  7. #2750
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    If carrying a concealed weapon is illegal for 99.9% of the California population and getting a CCW permit is unobtainable to 99.9% of the population then in practice it is a “shall not issue” state. But when a law that pertains to 0.1% of the population makes you right…then ok, you are right.

    What I see is a new breed of people. They are the “internet educated” with no common sense.
    You have a huge problem in Wackyfornia and that is the polecats,police and elitist don't trust the serfs therefore no CCW for you. Accept your life for what it is,or move.
    FEN

  8. #2751
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,409
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    I’m curious, why do people walk around with guns strapped to their sides if you have little crime and few gang members? Are bears and wolves your “gangmembers”? Or do people like reliving the Wild West days?
    Brian, the reason there is NOT crime... is because folks go around with guns strapped to themselves.

    Criminals are opportunists. They go where it is EASIEST to take advantage of others.
    And it does not take a rocket scientist to realize: Gun free zones are easier to commit crimes than gun populated zones.

    I just came home from my final call this evening... in a not so great neighborhood. Was talking to the couple at the house... we got to talking about guns. They showed me theirs... and I brought mine in from the van. We had a nice discussion about calibers, manufacturers, different shooting ranges, different loads. And yes, ALL 3 folks having that discussion have CCW permits.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  9. #2752
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,409
    What Brian does not understand is: The rule of law is not a game... it is the rule of law. Laws ARE black and white... you obey them or you pay the consequences for your choice to not obey them. They are not flexible and floating like folks think they are.

    The way he posts... it appears he truly thinks laws are just feelings which change with the wind. I wonder how he would survive if he lived in a dictatorship (like Iraq or Iran or Pakistan, etc) where the conditions he thinks are in the USA actually exist.... Probably would not like it at all and come back home and be thankful for what we have.

    Lets raise the $$$ to send Brian to Pakistan for a month... like the 'Idiot Abroad' series on TV... Bet when he gets home... he will LEAVE Goofyfornia and live in a REAL state.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  10. #2753
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,409
    This came across my Email box... I do not know where it is from... however I know the person who sent it... He does NOT send out frivilous stuff.
    It would seem the American public has a different attitude towards firearms than the talking heads on TV.

    I cannot speak to the validity of this information, but I saw this over at trapshooters.com and figured I would pass it along. The info came from a fellow who attended an industry meeting in Texas.

    I can add to this that Windham is (or was) 90 days behind on complete Uppers.

    Here is the info on the rest
    Smith & Wesson-is running at Full capacity making 300+ guns/day-mainly M&P pistols. They are unable to produce any more guns to help with the shortages.

    RUGER: Plans to increase from 75% to 100% in the next 90 days.

    FNH: Moving from 50% production to 75% by Feb 1st and 100% by March 1. Remington-Maxed out!

    Armalite: Maxed out.

    DPMS: Can't get enough parts to produce any more product.

    COLT: Production runs increasing weekly...bottle necked by Bolt carrier's.

    LWRC:Making only black guns, running at full capacity...can't get enough gun quality steel to make barrels.

    Springfield Armory: Only company who can meet demand but are running 30-45 days behind.

    AMMO: Every caliber is now allocated! We are looking at a nation wide shortage of all calibers over the next 9 months. All plants are producing as much ammo as possible with 1 BILLION rounds produced weekly. Most is military followed by law enforcement, and civilians are third in line.

    MAGPUL is behind 1 MILLION mags, do not expect any large quantities of magpul anytime soon.

    RELOADERS... ALL Remington, Winchester, CCI & Federal primers are going to ammo FIRST. There are no extra's for reloading purposes... it could be 6-9 months before things get caught up. Sorry for the bleak news, but now we know what to expect in the coming months. Stay tuned, we'll keep you posted.

    Bow Owens says they didn't know when they'd be getting anything back in stock, from magazines to rifles to pistols. Manufacturers were running full-bore, but couldn't come close to keeping up with market demand. It wasn't just the AR-15s, the AK-pattern rifles, the M1As, and the FALs that were sold out. It really hit me when I realized that the World War II-era M1 Garands, M1 carbines, and Enfield .303s were gone, along with every last shell.

    Ubiquitous Mosin-Nagants -- of which every gun store always seems to have 10-20 -- were gone. So was their ammo. Only a dust-free space marked their passing. I've never seen anything like it.

    Every weapon of military utility designed within the past 100+ years was gone. This isn't a society stocking up on certain guns because they fear they may be banned. This is a society preparing for war.

    Barack Obama, Dianne Feinstein and the rest of the Statists have done more to promote gun ownership than the NRA ever did. Well done, Democrats.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  11. #2754
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,962
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    I’m curious, why do people walk around with guns strapped to their sides if you have little crime and few gang members? Are bears and wolves your “gangmembers”? Or do people like reliving the Wild West days?
    Did you ever stop to think that the reason there is little crime is because there are so many people walking around with guns strapped to their sides?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  12. #2755
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,409
    GA will add to the previous post:

    Last Sunday at the local BassPro store... the gun section was almost BARE! There used to be two display cases literally FULL of handguns... they are totally empty. The long gun racks behind the counter are something like 3/4 empty also. I asked the counter person about ammo... he said sign this sheet... your turn is when the folks previous to you are filled... which will be a couple of mos.

    AGAIN: seems the American public does not think the same way the talking heads on TV do when it comes to guns.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  13. #2756
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,962
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


Page 212 of 267 FirstFirst ... 112162202205206207208209210211212213214215216217218219222262 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event