Page 210 of 255 FirstFirst ... 110160200203204205206207208209210211212213214215216217220 ... LastLast
Results 2,718 to 2,730 of 3305
    Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    I can transport my guns in Texas without a permit
    So, so what, what states if any won't allow you to transport a gun in a car without a CCW? Maybe a few require it to be unloaded in the trunk. Geez cut us some slack here ace. Are you awake today? Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

It can be loaded but if it was stapped to my hip then I would be carrying.

And yes Glen

I know most States allow it, but some don't

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    So, so what, what states if any won't allow you to transport a gun in a car without a CCW? Maybe a few require it to be unloaded in the trunk. Geez cut us some slack here ace. Are you awake today? Thank you, thank you very much
    Did you read what JP said. I'll remind you, He said in Penn as soon as he closes the door to his vehicle it is considered concealed.

Wake up and dry the tears old man

Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    Hopefully, as the hysteria over Newtown dies down, by the tome this thread stops, I'll be able to find some ammo for sale again

http://www.dillonprecision.com/#/Dil...hines-8-1.html

Ace your reloads are far more accurate than anything produced by a factory.
    What people who already know who reload is you work the gun up to the load,and save quite a bit of $$$$$$ doing so.
    FEN

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Typical liberals; can't tell the difference between what's legal, what's not legal or what's what because of the convoluted ways they try to miscommunicate.

But since you mention something being "weird", what is really weird is "i before e, except after c".....weird, huh?
    Definitely weird.

actually, four states now have "unrestricted" firearms laws pertaining to handguns

Alaska, Arizona, Vermont, Wyoming, you may carry either concealed or openly without a permit. In Vermont you don't need a permit but you must carry concealed. In Wyoming if your a resident you can carry openly, if your from out of state you must carry concealed. Although Wyoming law is so new that information maybe incorrect. Wyoming's law has been "on the books" for only a year or two.

AND I "heard" Vermont maybe changing there CCW policy due to the Newtown Shooting? But that is "up-in-the-air" at this point.
    The Last four letters

American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions

Folks need to understand what was mentioned in an earlier post: POLITICS is what drives gun laws... well politics is what drives ALL laws. Laws are not made for the good of the citizens... they are made by polecats who are interested in kissing up to advance their careers. Think carefully about that next time you vote.

A funny quirk in the gun laws in the state of GA: Permit or not... you may NOT carry a loaded handgun under the seat of your vehicle. With a permit you can carry a loaded handgun anywhere else in the vehicle. It is a bit grey as to whether you may carry a loaded handgun in easy access to the driver in a vehicle without a CCW.

I remember when I was growing up in Texas... before permits came about... one had to carry a handgun in the trunk, unloaded, with the ammo in a different container... there was almost a whole page of what a different container was.

When one flies on a commercial airline... one can check a gun in luggage. It MUST be in an approved and locked container, unloaded, with the ammunition in a different piece of luggage. You MUST declare the firearm when you check your bags. Depending on your destination state/city... you may not be allowed to check a firearm and/or ammunition.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    actually, four states now have "unrestricted" firearms laws pertaining to handguns

Alaska, Arizona, Vermont, Wyoming, you may carry either concealed or openly without a permit. In Vermont you don't need a permit but you must carry concealed. In Wyoming if your a resident you can carry openly, if your from out of state you must carry concealed. Although Wyoming law is so new that information maybe incorrect. Wyoming's law has been "on the books" for only a year or two.

AND I "heard" Vermont maybe changing there CCW policy due to the Newtown Shooting? But that is "up-in-the-air" at this point.
    Hey Jmac...

There was talk last year of a national (with exceptions) CCW... what is the latest on this?

THX
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Hey Jmac...

There was talk last year of a national (with exceptions) CCW... what is the latest on this?

THX
    AFAIK the national reciprocity law is dead. And after the Newtown shooting I would be very surprised to see if it will be resurrected.
    The Last four letters

any questions

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post

When one flies on a commercial airline... one can check a gun in luggage. It MUST be in an approved and locked container, unloaded, with the ammunition in a different piece of luggage. You MUST declare the firearm when you check your bags. Depending on your destination state/city... you may not be allowed to check a firearm and/or ammunition.
    actually you must call the airlines and see what there policy is regarding the transportation of a firearm.

Generally what happens is you must declare you are traveling with a firearm, when you get to the check baggage counter they will call security, you and your bag will be taken to a secured area and you will be asked to open the container. After inspection the container in sealed in front o you and the security detail. The container/bag will not be opened again without you being present and will be handled differently by ground personal.

This policy can work in your favor: I know a professional photographer that had several thousands of dollars worth of lens stolen on a flight. To prevent this she now includes a flare gun in her baggage. This is considered a firearm and the baggage must go through the same protocols as a "real gun", never had a camera or lens come up missing again.

Also, I would suggest, and I think it's policy, that you must ship ammunition by ground (UPS or FedEx) and declare it as hazardous material (obviously) I know a couple guys that travel to USPSC shoots around the country and thats how they do it.
    The Last four letters

any questions

Quote Originally Posted by Phase Loss View Post
    I live in Los Angeles County CA and have gone through the processes for this.

California LTC are state licenses, issued by Sheriffs and some police chiefs. The concealed versions (almost all of them) are valid, in general, throughout the state. The open-carry versions (almost none are issued) are valid only in the county where issued.

to get a concealed LTC permit, you must live in or own a business in the county which is going to issue you your LTC.

The deal is, they're "May issue" Countys, but there is a slim to none chance that they will issue you a concealed LTC permit... unless you are a Judge, Politician, or famous.

If you want to walk around LA county with a concealed pistol, you're gonna have to live so far out in the sticks to get the permit to do so, that it wont even matter to you anymore.
    I think if you check, the open carry law has been abolished. It use to be, you could carry openly IF THE GUN WAS UNLOADED. You could carry a full magazine in your pocket, but not loaded in the gun...weird eh? But I think that law is gone now
    The Last four letters

any questions

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    This is political theatre……… Again, all with the motivation of being re-elected.
    Police all across the nation enforce laws that their constituents want enforced and allow behavior that they deem acceptable. This is a typical practice of law enforcement. How would you keep "law abiding" (not arrested for a felony yet) gang members from obtaining permits? Disqualify them on their ethnicity, baggy pants and tattoos?

Most gun violence is in the inner city. Those would be the people that would want permits the most. Issuing CCW’s to those people would turn that part of town into the Wild West. And the poor cops there would be right in the middle of it. I doubt our CCW restrictions are mainly because of baseless, self-gratifying politics. That is a very shallow opinion.

[QUOTE=Brian GC;15169631]Police all across the nation enforce laws that their constituents want enforced and allow behavior that they deem acceptable. This is a typical practice of law enforcement. How would you keep "law abiding" (not arrested for a felony yet) gang members from obtaining permits? Disqualify them on their ethnicity, baggy pants and tattoos?

Most gun violence is in the inner city. Those would be the people that would want permits the most. Issuing CCW’s to those people would turn that part of town into the Wild West. And the poor cops there would be right in the middle of it. I doubt our CCW restrictions are mainly because of baseless, self-gratifying politics. That is a very shallow opinion.[/QUOTE

REALLY??? You seriously think gang-bangers give a rats-rearend about LEGALLY owning a gun???? Talk about shallow opinion!

Dang, I keep forgetting, with your vast experience in the world you have all of the answers... The more you talk, the happier I am that you live in California!
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

Page 210 of 255 FirstFirst ... 110160200203204205206207208209210211212213214215216217220 ... LastLast