Page 206 of 255 FirstFirst ... 106156196199200201202203204205206207208209210211212213216 ... LastLast
Results 2,666 to 2,678 of 3305
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post
    To shed some insight as someone that lived there...Southern Ca.: There was a time when the authorities handed out CCW. That all changed back in the 80's and 90's. When I left several years ago it was nearly impossible to get a CCW in Southern Cal. because the Sheriff and P.D's Cheifs had become so political and are to chicken to stand up to the gun lobby that would rail against them....don't want to lose that cushy position you know. To get CCW you literally had to know someone, and that someone had better have some clout.
    Do you mean to tell us that a law-enforcement official can be influenced by politicians?

One would think that a law enforcement officer and, in fact, a law enforcement ORGANIZATION should be exempt from political pressures such as this.

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    WTH would that prove??? Citing the law isn't good enough for you, Holy crap?
    You find these laws on the internet and you cannot read past the paper they are written on. That’s right “citing the law isn’t good enough.” Not when it only applies to one out of 100,000 people.

Now let’s go off on a tangent and question whether my one out of 100,000 figure is accurate. You’re right……..Holy crap!!!

For you SERIOUS gun folks...

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=OQnU1t7UzgM

Now THIS should make Brian pee his pants...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post
    To shed some insight as someone that lived there...Southern Ca.: There was a time when the authorities handed out CCW. That all changed back in the 80's and 90's. When I left several years ago it was nearly impossible to get a CCW in Southern Cal. because the Sheriff and P.D's Cheifs had become so political and are to chicken to stand up to the gun lobby that would rail against them....don't want to lose that cushy position you know. To get CCW you literally had to know someone, and that someone had better have some clout.
    Thanks for shedding light on this. For all intents and purposes it is illegal for the average Joe to CCW in California. But for those that get all their knowledge from websites, California is no different than Texas CCW laws.

206 pages?? Really? Is this not obvious to the OP? Is that the mindset out there?? You need help with this? Some nut walks into a school, any school, and there have been a few, and blows your kid away. Maybe he wants into your house, or car. Doesn't matter. You have a right to own a gun. As long as THEY have one, so will I.
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

Yep, 206 pages and the foo's are still foo's. As the old cliche goes, you cant fix stupid.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    Thanks for shedding light on this. For all intents and purposes it is illegal for the average Joe to CCW in California. But for those that get all their knowledge from websites, California is no different than Texas CCW laws.
    NOT SO...

Texas, along with GA, are 'shall issue' states. That means: If you apply, and you are eligible (you are not a felon or a few other things)... You get a CCW because you qualify. There are no politics involved. Now a few 'shall issue' states (Hawaii for one) make it almost impossible.
    Is CAL a 'shall issue' state... I think not... Someone have that link?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Yep, 206 pages and the foo's are still foo's. As the old cliche goes, you cant fix stupid.
    Stupid has to WANT to be fixed... until then... well... nothing changes.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

You find these laws on the internet and you cannot read past the paper they are written on. That’s right “citing the law isn’t good enough.” Not when it only applies to one out of 100,000 people.

Now let’s go off on a tangent and question whether my one out of 100,000 figure is accurate. You’re right……..Holy crap!!!
    <shaking my head> unbelievable, this is a new level of density. The law is the law and it applies to a lot more people than you might think, like everyone. Just because you don't know their names or only applies to a select few, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. good grief. <shaking my head>
    The Last four letters

American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    NOT SO...

Texas, along with GA, are 'shall issue' states. That means: If you apply, and you are eligible (you are not a felon or a few other things)... You get a CCW because you qualify. There are no politics involved. Now a few 'shall issue' states (Hawaii for one) make it almost impossible.
    Mexifornia is a "May issue" state. You have to be rich, powerful and know people to get a CCW permit in Mexifornia, very similar to NYC. You can get a permit, but you better be connected.
    The Last four letters

American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    NOT SO...

http://www.californiaconcealedcarry.com/

This is a site that champions applicants for CCW permits that are refused ILLEGALLY by authorities that are not following the law. It states the areas in California that are difficult to obtain CCW permits due to political persuasion overriding pedetermined application parameters and the areas that are going by preset application parameters.
    It shows the problem with UNEVEN law application and fights to make it even.

More misinformation from brian. I am not sure why everyone here continues to talk to you when you spout off continually wrong facts.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    Mexifornia is a "May issue" state. You have to be rich, powerful and know people to get a CCW permit in Mexifornia, very similar to NYC. You can get a permit, but you better be connected.
    Any cop here would shoot you before you could ever get your permit out of your pocket because they have never seen one.

Page 206 of 255 FirstFirst ... 106156196199200201202203204205206207208209210211212213216 ... LastLast