Page 205 of 216 FirstFirst ... 105155195198199200201202203204205206207208209210211212215 ... LastLast
Results 2,653 to 2,665 of 2796
  1. #2653
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    20,259
    Western NY state folks are NOT HAPPY

    Short snippets
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=BTdhVxva5KU

    Full version



    GA predicts this is not gonna go away easily... Folks are ANGRY... I hope this does not get 'hot'... that will not go well for anyone.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Galatians 2:20-21; Colossians 1: 21-22 & 26-27; 3:1-4; Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service.

  2. #2654
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,383
    Have you guys seen video of This Man Owns Congress. From a Newtown resident. I haven't mastered entering video's yet.

  3. #2655
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Rochester, NY, USA
    Posts
    14,029
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    OK I will explain what I meant.

    I have lived in California my whole life. I have never seen or heard of anyone who was able to carry a concealed weapon other than the many branches of law enforcement. It may be true that if you regularly carry hundreds of thousands of dollars of diamonds or cash to and from the Downtown Jewelry Mart and have been robbed a few times the state may grant you a permit. But for me and anyone like me that wants a CCW for general protection it is not allowed by our laws. Now if you want to say that in CA it is legal to CCW under those strict conditions go right ahead because I know you are bending the truth.
    May I carry a concealed firearm in California?

    Except in extremely limited circumstances, you may not carry a concealed firearm on your person in public unless you have a valid CCW license. CCW permits are issued only by a county sheriff to residents of the county, or by the head of a city police department to residents of that city.

    (PC Sections 12025-12031, 12050-12054)






    I never said mag size alone. It includes other aspects of the rifle such as semi-auto, pistol grip, stock etc. Your arguing style is that if you can prove I do not know every aspect of the ban then I don’t know anything about the ban.
    You demand that everyone else know the law, but as one of the typical California Politician once said "we have to pass it to find out whats in it" you really don't care what the laws says until it effects you.


    If you can’t buy one in a store then it might as well be illegal. If I get caught with one by police and it puts me in more trouble it might as well be illegal. Is illegal the absolute correct word to use, maybe not. But you guys love to parse words to inch ahead in this debate. Just a cheap, distracting and digressing arguing tactic IMO.
    OMG, seriously? Thats just hilarious. Nice one and I just watched a program called Family Guns {I think thats what it was called} and one of the owners of a antique gun collector tried to purchase A FULLY FUNCTIONAL WWII TANK. yep that right, you can own a tank in America.......is this a great country or WHAT!!!! (he was about to drop $240K on it, but daddy put and end to that...bummer)



    I never said “Federally” anything. I have heard that gun shows require less background checks than buying over the counter. I’m sure you know that to be true. Actually it probably pertains to non-licensed to non-licensed transactions. Again, parsing words to inch ahead.

    I just finished the CNN segment on gun control. The pro-gun folks all had one way to deal with Mr. Morgan that I am sure the pro-gun folks liked…they all raised their voices to the point of yelling at him. Again, another cheap arguing tactic that substance less people use.
    if your talking about buying a firearm from a FFL, you are talking about "Federal" everything, because it's the BATFE that administers dealers.

    In NYS, all gun shows have a County Clerks office at the show so people can not only get a back ground check, they can get a handgun added to the permit that same day.

    Now, individual/private sales are another matter. It is illegal to sell a firearm to a known felon. (Example; the West Webster Fire Dept shooting---which happened 3 miles from my house) The individual that bought those weapons is facing 5 years in jail, maybe longer
    "Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

  4. #2656
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    516
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    I should charge you guys for using me to polish up on your pro-gun arguments. Maybe someday you will come across some paranoid doofus that it will work on.
    And we should charge you for not providing references to back up your verbal diarrhea.

    It is LEGAL to carry a concealed weapon in California provided you have a permit. The issuance of that permit is based on a Good Cause policy. If you can demonstrate to the proper authority (Sheriffs department) that you need to have a CCW permit, they will issue one to you. It is not as easy as in some other states, but is achievable by common citizens.
    Just because you or your friends don't have one or know of anyone that has one doesn't mean they must be illegal. You're bending the truth by assuming from fragments of misinformation, that something "surely" must be illegal if it's difficult to obtain or not in plain sight.

    Take a break from trying to win this debate, study your case, provide credible documentation, and bring more than just your opinion to the table.

  5. #2657
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Helena, Montana
    Posts
    1,979
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkahuna View Post
    And we should charge you for not providing references to back up your verbal diarrhea.

    It is LEGAL to carry a concealed weapon in California provided you have a permit. The issuance of that permit is based on a Good Cause policy. If you can demonstrate to the proper authority (Sheriffs department) that you need to have a CCW permit, they will issue one to you. It is not as easy as in some other states, but is achievable by common citizens.
    Just because you or your friends don't have one or know of anyone that has one doesn't mean they must be illegal. You're bending the truth by assuming from fragments of misinformation, that something "surely" must be illegal if it's difficult to obtain or not in plain sight.

    Take a break from trying to win this debate, study your case, provide credible documentation, and bring more than just your opinion to the table.
    I was thinking that showed how careful CCW people are in California. I'm sure he has probably walked past several and didn't even know. Guess they aren't all just drooling to shoot somebody!
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

  6. #2658
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    516
    [QUOTE=ControlsInMT;15157061]I was thinking that showed how careful CCW people are in California. I'm sure he has probably walked past several and didn't even know. Guess they aren't all just drooling to shoot somebody!


  7. #2659
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    24,947
    Brian,

    You live in California, and you need to get out more.

    I've got two brick and mortar stores within 30 miles of my home that sell machine guns. Real, class 3 machine guns. Silencers, too.

    You stated earlier that your 10/22 wasn't an assault rifle because the magazine held less than 10 (or 8 or 7 or whatever) rounds. Actually, the quote was something to the effect of "all a manufacturer has to do to avoid the ban is reduce magazine capacity"

    That none of your friends or neighbors are graced by the great state of California with a permit to carry doesn't mean that it doesn't exist as you are trying to insist.


    As I thought, you proved completely unable to refute anything that I said with verifiable references.


    Since you are the one who is proposing change, you need to be 100% accurate in your argument to convince us. You're trying to play with words while dodging the actual facts and laws of this nation.

    These are more your speed since they lean more to opinion. We'll leave facts to those capable of dealing with them for now.

    Answer these:

    If we cannot enforce the laws we currently have, what real effect will more laws have?

    Since "assault rifles" killed less people than blunt weapons did, what purpose does attempting to ban them serve? What real, logical justification can you come up with other than "they're scary and I don't think that people should own them"?

  8. #2660
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Rochester, NY, USA
    Posts
    14,029
    this should make Brian Gun Control and Astudent pee their pants



    she has good rhythm and good speed.
    "Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

  9. #2661
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,268
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    this should make Brian Gun Control and Astudent pee their pants



    she has good rhythm and good speed.
    Why would that make me pee my pants? You must have me confused with someone else.

  10. #2662
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,147
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkahuna View Post
    And we should charge you for not providing references to back up your verbal diarrhea.

    It is LEGAL to carry a concealed weapon in California provided you have a permit.
    But never mind the fact that an average Joe cannot get a permit.

    I guess I could say it is legal to kill people ………………………………providing you are doing it in self-defense, but I will leave that part off. It sounds better to just say it’s legal to kill people.

    If you know so much about California why don’t you name an average Joe that has been granted a permit to carry? And not the owner of a bank or a jewelry store, an average Joe, for self defense.

  11. #2663
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Rochester, NY, USA
    Posts
    14,029
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    But never mind the fact that an average Joe cannot get a permit.

    I guess I could say it is legal to kill people ………………………………providing you are doing it in self-defense, but I will leave that part off. It sounds better to just say it’s legal to kill people.

    If you know so much about California why don’t you name an average Joe that has been granted a permit to carry? And not the owner of a bank or a jewelry store, an average Joe, for self defense.
    WTH would that prove??? Citing the law isn't good enough for you, Holy crap?

    May I carry a concealed firearm in California?

    Except in extremely limited circumstances, you may not carry a concealed firearm on your person in public unless you have a valid CCW license. CCW permits are issued only by a county sheriff to residents of the county, or by the head of a city police department to residents of that city.

    (Penal codes, Sections 12025-12031, 12050-12054) Look it up, not even you can't be that lazy to not google a law.
    "Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

  12. #2664
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    24,947
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    Citing the law isn't good enough for you, Holy crap?
    "The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so."

    Excellent quote and very appropriate for the current conversation.

  13. #2665
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    4,168
    To shed some insight as someone that lived there...Southern Ca.: There was a time when the authorities handed out CCW. That all changed back in the 80's and 90's. When I left several years ago it was nearly impossible to get a CCW in Southern Cal. because the Sheriff and P.D's Cheifs had become so political and are to chicken to stand up to the gun lobby that would rail against them....don't want to lose that cushy position you know. To get CCW you literally had to know someone, and that someone had better have some clout.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Page 205 of 216 FirstFirst ... 105155195198199200201202203204205206207208209210211212215 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event