Page 20 of 267 FirstFirst ... 101314151617181920212223242526273070120 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post
    Polls and surveys are as useful as milk buckets under bulls. They can be made to prove whatever point you want to prove.
    The polls were fairly accurate in predicting who was ahead and winning the Presidency.

And I am also sure they are accurately predicting the attitude of the majority of Americans wanting stricter gun regulations.

Whether those actually will be enacted is yet to be seen.

Oh and by the way that poll noted earlier was conducted in 2009.

Its now almost 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by mcjo tech View Post
    The polls were fairly accurate in predicting who was ahead and winning the Presidency.

And I am also sure they are accurately predicting the attitude of the majority of Americans wanting stricter gun regulations.

Its now almost 2013.

Polls simply do not have the same clout as the Constitution. The Constitution remains long after all the polls are taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post

Polls simply do not have the same clout as the Constitution. The Constitution remains long after all the polls are taken.
    Well according to many people here Obama is not a constitutional President..... so apparently when your beliefs are added to the spectrum the polls do have more clout then the constitution.

What part of the Constitution are you referring to in regards to limiting the purchase of semi automatic weapons and clips?

If you are counting on this perhaps you should do some research on it since it has already been done by a prior administration and has been looked at by the Supreem Court previously.

What part of the Constitution are you referring to in regards to limiting the purchase of semi automatic weapons and clips?

If you are counting on this perhaps you should do some research on it since it has already been done by a prior administration and has been looked at by the Supreem Court previously.
    I no longer count on any of the government to follow the intent of the Constitution. Not even the Supreme Court. It seems to me that all branches of the government have left clear reasoning behind. Government actions cannot be predicted. Courts make up law instead of ruling based upon law, government agencies create their own laws via regulations and it seems that the common man wants the government to provide everything for him including food and safety.

All of this is doomed to failure. We only have personal freedom when we limit the rule of government and each of us are responsible for our own personal welfare and safety to the greater degree. People no longer understand what the founding fathers understood about freedom, personal responsibility and the real foundation of this once great democracy. We are quickly trading off what those who went before us paid dearly to get us. We are trading off the blood, sweat, tears and labor of our fathers for government provided bread, healthcare and safety, but, we will gain none of any of this and will lose our freedom.

That is what the Second Amendment is all about. The Second Amendment puts the teeth in all the others. And, we are suckering for a con-game of supposed safety and giving it up to those who will rule us with the only arms available, that of the military and politically correct police. Eventually, those two armed factions will be used against us and we will be helpless without arms ourselves.

Its now almost 2013.
    Yeah, those boys who cry about biased polls were the first ones to buy into "Romney is leading and will win" polling.

What they mean when they say polls and polling are biased is that the poll in question does not support their view.

I no longer count on any of the government to follow the intent of the Constitution. Not even the Supreme Court. It seems to me that all branches of the government have left clear reasoning behind. Government actions cannot be predicted. Courts make up law instead of ruling based upon law, government agencies create their own laws via regulations and it seems that the common man wants the government to provide everything for him including food and safety.

All of this is doomed to failure. We only have personal freedom when we limit the rule of government and each of us are responsible for our own personal welfare and safety to the greater degree. People no longer understand what the founding fathers understood about freedom, personal responsibility and the real foundation of this once great democracy. We are quickly trading off what those who went before us paid dearly to get us. We are trading off the blood, sweat, tears and labor of our fathers for government provided bread, healthcare and safety, but, we will gain none of any of this and will lose our freedom.

That is what the Second Amendment is all about. The Second Amendment puts the teeth in all the others. And, we are suckering for a con-game of supposed safety and giving it up to those who will rule us with the only arms available, that of the military and politically correct police. Eventually, those two armed factions will be used against us and we will be helpless without arms ourselves.
    In other words, my ideology and views have been rejected and you people will be sorry when the black helicoters swoop down and carry you off to FEMA Camps.

And the constitutional authority to regulate weapons will also remain.

There is no persuading any of the pro gun advocates here.

They will make their bed and ultimately they will be the only ones laying in it.

Polls show over 54% of Americans want some type of gun control.

They should have tried to get out in front of this issue but as usual they are unwilling to do so.

There will be gun control sooner rather then later and then they will all just whine about it.

They are destined to end up losing on this issue due to their unwillingness to compromise

But then again what else is new?
    I would also suggest that a large percentage of that 54% don't know anything about guns that they haven't been told by the media.

I've heard so much bull butter told about guns on the evening news that, if a person counted on that as their SOLE source of information, it isn't surprising to me that they'd want gun control.

Its now almost 2013.
    I predicted Obama would win a year ahead of the polls, so what? Not sure if you ever took a Statistics class, but that was when it was finally cemented in my mind that polls, statistics and the like are far to easily manipulated to achieve a desired outcome.

Even if the majority of American are for stricter gun control, I doubt they will really get what they thought they were going to get....it's usually much worse and has un-forseen consequences.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

I'd also add that, right now there is a LOT of media attention being paid to guns and gun crime.

Had you taken that exact same poll a week or even a day before the Newport shooting, the results would have been substantially different.

It's an emotional 'bump' in the poll and the gun ban crowd is going to do everything that they can to get their agenda pushed through as fast as they can before the American People wake up and realize that it's a behavior problem and not a gun problem.

One of the great grand illusions perpetrated on the American Citizen is that only lawyers and supreme court justices are capable of understanding what the Constitution says/ means. Consequently they accept what they say because they are so highly eddukated and smert.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    If a gun is not loaded and easily accessed, it really does no good as a piece of protection. Notice I did not say a round chambered, as a gun can be loaded and safe to handle if you know what you are doing. And children can be taught to leave them alone or how to safely use one.
    This is so true, when I was a kid there were so many firearms around the house it would make the average liberal pee their pants. In addition even now as I go on service calls throughout my community there are rifles and shotguns tucked away. I recently went on a clare furnace and the old boy had a double barrel handy in the kitchen, not for me LOL. In his day he was probably a scrapper but now he is old.
    I have my own little world. But it's OK...they know me here.

Page 20 of 267 FirstFirst ... 101314151617181920212223242526273070120 ... LastLast