Page 198 of 262 FirstFirst ... 98148188191192193194195196197198199200201202203204205208248 ... LastLast
Results 2,562 to 2,574 of 3395

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post

ya, you want to ruin your day, pull the trigger on this few times:

http://www.stoegerindustries.com/fir...le-defense.php

I have one of these, this thing will ruin your day and your shoulder. But it will get EVERYONE'S attention at the range. I always take a couple extra boxes of double ought buck with me, 'cause everyone wants to shoot the stupid thing then they all say th samething "Holy crap that think kicks"
    I picked one of those up once.

I'd shoot it, but I wouldn't buy one...

A super light 12 gauge double.

That a recipe for a tattooed shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post

No I didn't, good point.

It was a short barrel light weight 12 gauge semi auto with front and rear grips.
    What were you comparing the recoil of this weapon to?

You're comparing apples to oranges.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post

What were you comparing the recoil of this weapon to?
    Well as far as shotguns go, I've only ever fired an older long barrel 12 gauge breech loader, a long barrel 410 breech loader, Remington long barrel 12 gauge pump, and the Ithaca listed above.

The older long barrel kicked the worst, and hurt like a SOB. Can't remember the make on it...but the Ithaca with the two grips did not kick at all, I could hold the trigger in and pump shells all day long and never miss.

The 410 was my first gun.

More media crap.

I've got a shotgun that I've replaced the rear stock with a pistol grip stock.

It doesn't reduce actual recoil, in fact, it increases it.

Recoil is governed by physics. Momentum and inertia. By replacing that stock, I reduced the overall weight of the gun. This INCREASED the overall recoil of the gun.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXbjdyjIaxk

12 rounds in 1.73 seconds.
    FEN

FINALLY, Brian speaks the TRUTH.

This whole argument is about the perceptions of fools and idiots, not about truth, logic and facts.
    What I find interesting is that you take exception to the media or the public loosening the definition of assault rifles. In semi-auto a Bushmaster is very similar in performance to a military style rifle. As though if the Bushmaster does not switch to full-auto it gives you full license to call them idiots for making the comparison. When actually you are just picking on words, looking for something to put them down over to discount their argument. Very similar to that DA that got me to say “no, I do not know my exact speed” because it varied.

Would it make you guys happy if they came up with another word that described a carbon copy of say an M-16 that did not have full auto capability, and that word cannot be sport rifle? And, was anything designed into a military assault rifle that makes it good at close quarter, multiple target shooting. Not considering the reduced caliber, is it really no better than my 10/22 for a soldier’s everyday purposes? Are gun designers really that stupid and ineffective in designing guns for certain purposes? You seem to want us to think so.

Short barrel…no design purpose.
    Pistol grip…no design purpose.
    Quick recycle rate…no design purpose.
    Recoil absorption…no design purpose.
    Cooling grills…no design purpose.
    Lightness…no design purpose.

All the above are for looks only and give the gun no advantage over any other? Really?

I think it's called a compensator. It attaches to the end of the barrel. That's how you control muzzle rise

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post

What I find interesting is that you take exception to the media or the public loosening the definition of assault rifles. In semi-auto a Bushmaster is very similar in performance to a military style rifle. As though if the Bushmaster does not switch to full-auto it gives you full license to call them idiots for making the comparison. When actually you are just picking on words, looking for something to put them down over to discount their argument. Very similar to that DA that got me to say "no, I do not know my exact speed" because it varied.

Would it make you guys happy if they came up with another word that described a carbon copy of say an M-16 that did not have full auto capability, and that word cannot be sport rifle? And, was anything designed into a military assault rifle that makes it good at close quarter, multiple target shooting. Not considering the reduced caliber, is it really no better than my 10/22 for a soldier's everyday purposes? Are gun designers really that stupid and ineffective in designing guns for certain purposes? You seem to want us to think so.

Short barrel...no design purpose.
    Pistol grip...no design purpose.
    Quick recycle rate...no design purpose.
    Recoil absorption...no design purpose.
    Cooling grills...no design purpose.
    Lightness...no design purpose.

All the above are for looks only and give the gun no advantage over any other? Really?
    What I find interesting is that, when confronted with our own ignorance on the subject, you argue all the more strenuously.

Brian, I've repeatedly pointed out the factual errors in this debate, yet you've never acknowledged any of those errors on your parts.

You're the one who fears law abiding citizens exercising their constitutional rights.

You're the one here wishing to take freedoms away from people, so the entire burden of proof falls upon YOU.

Modern sporting rifle is a good enough word for me. Semi-automatic rifle is good, too.

Defining a machine by assigning a NEGATIVE connotation to it, makes it out that that is the ONLY purpose to which that machine can be put. This is patently false as your own experience with YOUR assault rifle shows you.

You can't argue caliber, either, as a .22 lr is perfectly capable of killing someone.

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post

Well as far as shotguns go, I've only ever fired an older long barrel 12 gauge breech loader, a long barrel 410 breech loader, Remington long barrel 12 gauge pump, and the Ithaca listed above.

The older long barrel kicked the worst, and hurt like a SOB. Can't remember the make on it...but the Ithaca with the two grips did not kick at all, I could hold the trigger in and pump shells all day long and never miss.

The 410 was my first gun.
    The semi-auto shotgun uses inertia from firing to recycle the action. This tends to reduce recoil.

You may also have been firing different loads. Light loads for target shooting, heavy loads for hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    What I find interesting is that you take exception to the media or the public loosening the definition of assault rifles. In semi-auto a Bushmaster is very similar in performance to a military style rifle. As though if the Bushmaster does not switch to full-auto it gives you full license to call them idiots for making the comparison. When actually you are just picking on words, looking for something to put them down over to discount their argument. Very similar to that DA that got me to say “no, I do not know my exact speed” because it varied.

Would it make you guys happy if they came up with another word that described a carbon copy of say an M-16 that did not have full auto capability, and that word cannot be sport rifle? And, was anything designed into a military assault rifle that makes it good at close quarter, multiple target shooting. Not considering the reduced caliber, is it really no better than my 10/22 for a soldier’s everyday purposes? Are gun designers really that stupid and ineffective in designing guns for certain purposes? You seem to want us to think so.

Short barrel…no design purpose.
    Pistol grip…no design purpose.
    Quick recycle rate…no design purpose.
    Recoil absorption…no design purpose.
    Cooling grills…no design purpose.
    Lightness…no design purpose.

I'll make this easy for you, we like AR-15's. The work, they're efficient and accurate and they're modular making them easy to modify for personal use, why wouldn't you want one.

Of all the AR style weapons in America (about 3.5 million) three have been used in mass shooting. The handgun is by far, a more popular weapon of choice for mass shooters.

Of all the dangerous things in our lives, The AR-15 is the least likely to hurt you
    LOVE has four letters

So does BEER, DEER,GUNS AND FISH

And it doesn't even have a pistol grip.
    12 rounds in one tube? Is that an option or is that standard?
    LOVE has four letters

So does BEER, DEER,GUNS AND FISH

Page 198 of 262 FirstFirst ... 98148188191192193194195196197198199200201202203204205208248 ... LastLast