Why do you feel the need to own a gun? - Page 191
Page 191 of 255 FirstFirst ... 91141181184185186187188189190191192193194195196197198201241 ... LastLast
Results 2,471 to 2,483 of 3305
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    ok, Now I have a question?

The NY Safe act states: You may have one "evil feature" on your AR-15. So if I install one of these-------> http://ubbt.net/frs15stock1.html I no longer own an "assault rifle". By replacing the grip with this new stock, I no longer own an "assault rifle"

Care to explain to everyone why??? The gun fires the same. The gun loads the same?? The gun (basically) looks the same??

Why is it no longer an "Assault rifle"
    No, what you mean to say is the gun looks the same to an untrained eye. It doesn’t handle the same, climb the same, therefore it probably doesn’t shoot the same.

These fine points of handles, mag sizes, barrel length etc are called lines of distinction. A barrel one inch shorter will probably not increase the handling and shooting capability of a gun, but it does make it illegal to own. An extra quarter inch of aerodynamics on a NASCAR will not win the race for him, but it will definitely lose the race for him. You of all people know what a pistol grip will do for the handling of that type of gun.

If you had to classify something as an “assault rifle” which in definition is a rifle that handles and shoots best in close quarter, multiple target, urban setting with armed targets (similar to what our SWAT and special ops use) how would you clarify its lines of distinction? If you wanted to legalize or outlaw it, how would you describe it? What are its outstanding features and capabilities compared to an average hunting rifle?

What's up with the ammo shortage? Police stations are reporting it could be up to a year from the order date before they receive a shipment of ammunition.

This is crazy...do you guys think the scare is legitimate.... or that the scare has been put in place in order to stimulate the economy?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    No, what you mean to say is the gun looks the same to an untrained eye. It doesn’t handle the same, climb the same, therefore it probably doesn’t shoot the same.

These fine points of handles, mag sizes, barrel length etc are called lines of distinction. A barrel one inch shorter will probably not increase the handling and shooting capability of a gun, but it does make it illegal to own. An extra quarter inch of aerodynamics on a NASCAR will not win the race for him, but it will definitely lose the race for him. You of all people know what a pistol grip will do for the handling of that type of gun.

If you had to classify something as an “assault rifle” which in definition is a rifle that handles and shoots best in close quarter, multiple target, urban setting with armed targets (similar to what our SWAT and special ops use) how would you clarify its lines of distinction? If you wanted to legalize or outlaw it, how would you describe it? What are its outstanding features and capabilities compared to an average hunting rifle?
    My answer; Any firearm used to offensively attack someone or a group of people is an assault weapon. Features of the weapon have nothing to do with it. Assault is an action taken by a person. I could assault you with my bare hands making them the assault weapon. The anti gun people are making up terms while missing the real point. in fact, they are doing their best to totally avoid the real issue.

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    What's up with the ammo shortage? Police stations are reporting it could be up to a year from the order date before they receive a shipment of ammunition.

This is crazy...do you guys think the scare is legitimate.... or that the scare has been put in place in order to stimulate the economy?
    If you had been paying attention you would know. The DHS, IRS, Forest Service, and a host of other government agencies started buying up ammo a year ago and continue to place orders by the millions and millions of rounds. Agencies that have no real need for firearms including the postal service are creating agency ammo dumps. The total in ammo so far has exceeded a billion rounds. None of this is for any branch of the military.

Gee, you would think something is up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    They fail to understand something very elementry. "Assault" is an action, not a "thing". A rifle is a rifle. It is what an individual does with it (an action) where the term assault gets applied. Therefore, very, very, very few rifles are used in assaults and until the item is used for such an action it is not an assault rifle.
    Using that theory an F-22 Raptor is not a fighter aircraft until it is engaged in an aerial dogfight. And a B-2 Stealth Bomber is not a bomber aircraft unless its bomb bays are open.

How about this one: The F-22 does not gain immediate air superiority over our enemy because a fighter jet cannot fly itself. It is the pilot that makes this possible. One jet is not superior at shooting down other jets. It’s the pilot that is superior.

See a little parallel there?

They fail to understand something very elementry. "Assault" is an action, not a "thing". A rifle is a rifle. It is what an individual does with it (an action) where the term assault gets applied. Therefore, very, very, very few rifles are used in assaults and until the item is used for such an action it is not an assault rifle.

I could have a knife and never use it against another so it is not an assault knife. Same for a screwdriver, etc... There is no such thing as an assault rifle. Assault is an action taken by a person. Same goes for the so called "war on terror". We are not at war with "terror". Terror is a tactic an action. We should be at war with those acting out the terror. Islamic fundamentalists to be more precise.

This entire anti-gun thing is mislabeled on purpose to divert our attention away from the criminals and move the blame on an item. In the war on terror politicians are mislabeling the problem to say we are fighting against a tactic (a thing) instead of the actual enemy. Much of our current society is missing the mark by blaming access to things as opposed to actually thinking thru the problem and going after the root causes.

"Man is deeply vulnerable when faced with overwhelming evil. Instead of consolidating his energy to fight it, he wastes valuable time and effort puzzling over it, insisting it is not, cannot possibly be, what it seems." Konnilyn G. Feig from his book Hilter's Death Camps; Sanity of Madness.
    Actually..... the army defined assault rifle back in the 60s..... I believe the link has been here....

I mean seriously..... what the hell kind of word is quality.... when the definition of quality can be completely different among a thousand people.

The government produces a document to ban "assault rifles".... in that document it will describe what it considers an assault weapon.....

White mans words..... he will define them for you..... and thats all you need to be concerned with....

watcha gonna do Hugh ??? Write your senator and tell the that POS to try and get the bill dismissed because an "assault weapon" doesnt really exist....lol

You folks get sidetracked so much on silly stuff like "An assault rifle doesnt even exist"..... and then you end up losing the battle......

Focus on the task at hand...... use your noggin.
    "Maybe I am a welfares queen"

Cliven Bundy.... Patriot ???

He actually said that

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Actually..... the army defined assault rifle back in the 60s..... I believe the link has been here....

I mean seriously..... what the hell kind of word is quality.... when the definition of quality can be completely different among a thousand people.

The government produces a document to ban "assault rifles".... in that document it will describe what it considers an assault weapon.....

White mans words..... he will define them for you..... and thats all you need to be concerned with....

watcha gonna do Hugh ??? Write your senator and tell the that POS to try and get the bill dismissed because an "assault weapon" doesnt really exist....lol

You folks get sidetracked so much on silly stuff like "An assault rifle doesnt even exist"..... and then you end up losing the battle......

Focus on the task at hand...... use your noggin.
    The word game goes on and on. Starting with the definition of "Shall Not Be Infringed". Wanna tell me what that means? That one is plain and simple to understand. Once ya got that one understood there is no need to be fooling around with the definition of assault weapon.

My answer; Any firearm used to offensively attack someone or a group of people is an assault weapon. Features of the weapon have nothing to do with it. Assault is an action taken by a person. I could assault you with my bare hands making them the assault weapon. The anti gun people are making up terms while missing the real point. in fact, they are doing their best to totally avoid the real issue.
    If a fighter jet is used to deliver cargo it does not make it a cargo plane.

If a car can exceed 100mph it does not make it a sports car.

If a car is engaged in a race is does not make it a race car.

If a pistol is used to assualt multiple people it does not make it an assault rifle.

If a fighter jet is used to deliver cargo it does not make it a cargo plane.

If a car can exceed 100mph it does not make it a sports car.

If a car is engaged in a race is does not make it a race car.

If a pistol is used to assualt multiple people it does not make it an assault rifle.
    You are making my point for me. Really, thanks. Each one of these names took on the name of the "action" for which they were used. That is exactly what I am saying. So a gun only becomes an assault weapon when one uses it to assault. Therefore, ANY weapon is classified as an assault weapon the minute it is put to that use. Just like your car, airplane, ect... examples.

So, if you are going to be consistant the term assault weapon does not actually apply until the item is used for that purpose. The anti-gun people are making up words and terms to make an item seem "bad" when it is not inherently good or bad. This is a method of naming an item so as to change public opinion regarding that item just by its name alone.

If you had been paying attention you would know. The DHS, IRS, Forest Service, and a host of other government agencies started buying up ammo a year ago and continue to place orders by the millions and millions of rounds. Agencies that have no real need for firearms including the postal service are creating agency ammo dumps. The total in ammo so far has exceeded a billion rounds. None of this is for any branch of the military.

Gee, you would think something is up.
    http://www.nraila.org/news-issues/ar...rchase&st=&ps=

You are making my point for me. Really, thanks. Each one of these names took on the name of the "action" for which they were used. That is exactly what I am saying. So a gun only becomes an assault weapon when one uses it to assault. Therefore, ANY weapon is classified as an assault weapon the minute it is put to that use. Just like your car, airplane, ect... examples.

So, if you are going to be consistent the term assault weapon does not actually apply until the item is used for that purpose. The anti-gun people are making up words and terms to make an item seem "bad" when it is not inherently good or bad. This is a method of naming an item so as to change public opinion regarding that item just by its name alone.
    You took it completely backwards. An F-22 is a fighter aircraft while it is sitting on the tarmac. An “assault rifle” is an assault rifle while it is in a case. And a pistol used in an assault is not an assault rifle. A car, because it was used in a race, is not a racecar.

Like corny says, you guys are caught up in words that seem to be distracting you from your goal. For that you will lose. Never forget you are going up against polecats, the most skilled of all scumbags. They will skin you alive if you don’t play the game just right.

Well ... when they wrote shall not be infringed it was expected that the citizens would form some sort of organized militia that would train on a regular basis and would keep a certain...sorta standardized kit of goods at the house in case they had to to go fight.

The citizens sorta forgot all about that after time and the government didnt really force them to train anymore or keep the kit of goods around....and by the turn of the 20th century the government created the national guard to replace the public who just were not going to hold up their end of the bargain.

They released us of our duty to serve in the militias and protect the nation if it were neccesary.....

Id do some more reading on the history of the "well regulated militia"...who they were...what was expected of them....how they let the nation down...and how they were replaced in 1903.

Id also do some reading on some of the founders..... read their writings and not the culled snippets from blog sites.... and see what all they has to say.....

Yep... shall not be infringed has meaning.... but well regulated militia doesnt......lol

When they kick your door down to get your guns Hugh..... why dont you drag out a copy of the bill of rights and stand there pointing at it while screaming at the top of your lungs "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" over and over again....... and get it on video so you can post it on you tube....lol

They are not going to wholesale ban guns Hugh.... they are too smart of that..... they are just going to do what they did with machine guns.... make em hard to buy and own.......lol

Shall not be infringed covers full automatic too.... constitutionally speaking.... there is no difference between a bolt action and a full auto.... both are "arms"....

and they had no trouble infringing on the 2nd to get them out of folks hands.

Fire on the mountain run boys run.... obama and fiendstein are going after your guns......lol
    Last edited by corny; 02-01-2013 at 08:43 PM.
    "Maybe I am a welfares queen"

Cliven Bundy.... Patriot ???

He actually said that

what you mean to say
    ???? you going to put words in my mouth? so you couldn't answer the question. The firearm functions exactly like the original, except you replace the stock, now according to the law, it is no longer an assault rifle.

WHY!!!!!
    BEING AN ADULT

is the dumbest thing I have ever done

Page 191 of 255 FirstFirst ... 91141181184185186187188189190191192193194195196197198201241 ... LastLast