Why do you feel the need to own a gun? - Page 189
Page 189 of 255 FirstFirst ... 89139179182183184185186187188189190191192193194195196199239 ... LastLast
Results 2,445 to 2,457 of 3305
    Quote Originally Posted by barbar View Post
    Is it not interesting how data can be manipulated, to meet ones own requirements (no finger pointing). I think there is little conclusive evidence either way. So any change either way may only make a small change.
    So let bring anew one into the mix, how many cars are used as the weapon of choice for the purpose of homicide.
    Which then has the higher ratio guns or cars?
    I doubt if even I could find any empirical data on that particular ratio.

However I would suggest that, in this case, the gun would be used more in a premeditated manor than a vehicle
    BEING AN ADULT

is the dumbest thing I have ever done

Quote Originally Posted by barbar View Post
    Is it not interesting how data can be manipulated, to meet ones own requirements (no finger pointing). I think there is little conclusive evidence either way. So any change either way may only make a small change.
    So let bring anew one into the mix, how many cars are used as the weapon of choice for the purpose of homicide.
    Which then has the higher ratio guns or cars?
    How could you ever determine whether something that is deemed an accident was not in fact vehicular manslaughter or downright murder by vehicle?

In essence, you are proving the very point you are attempting to justify; any statistics can and will be manipulated in favor of the agenda of the statistician.

This reminds me of a mob boss interviewing for an accountant. He asked just one question; "What is 2 plus 2". After having a dozen of so applicants anwer "four" to that one question, the mob boss hired the last applicant who when asked the same question, walked over to the window, lowered the blinds and then whispered into the mob bosses ear; "What do you want it to be?"
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    I doubt if even I could find any empirical data on that particular ratio.

However I would suggest that, in this case, the gun would be used more in a premeditated manor than a vehicle
    In NZ a few years ago ( I know nobody cares about NZ), we had a car drive with intent into a group of party goes, and killed a few, this on its own was higher than murders by guns for that year. But generally speaking i would have to agree with your statement.

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    How could you ever determine whether something that is deemed an accident was not in fact vehicular manslaughter or downright murder by vehicle?

In essence, you are proving the very point you are attempting to justify; any statistics can and will be manipulated in favor of the agenda of the statistician.

This reminds me of a mob boss interviewing for an accountant. He asked just one question; "What is 2 plus 2". After having a dozen of so applicants anwer "four" to that one question, the mob boss hired the last applicant who when asked the same question, walked over to the window, lowered the blinds and then whispered into the mob bosses ear; "What do you want it to be?"
    Correct.

I had seen the mob boss story before. almost similar to what clients ask me to write on insurance claims.
    Twas just a bit of sport, on this occasion.

It is a beauty of day, time to go down the river and cool off.

Breaking news
    " Most americans, with or without a gun a had a great day and where not affected by crime" Fact!

Firearms are used hundreds of thousands of times to as many as a million times a year to stop crime. How many times a year are cars used to stop a crime?

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    Firearms are used hundreds of thousands of times to as many as a million times a year to stop crime. How many times a year are cars used to stop a crime?

well if you include cops...................
    BEING AN ADULT

ya, that sums it up
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    BEING AN ADULT

" A well regulated population being necessary to the security of a police state, the right of the government to register and ban arms shall not be infringed"

New Yorks *SAFE act*

Stealing of America's Firearms by Elitists
    BEING AN ADULT

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    How many times a year are cars used to stop a crime?
    How many times are guns used for transportation, which for society is much more important than the few rare times in your life you need a gun for self defense?

Cars have better safety stats hands down, but it doesn’t stop people from misinforming with stats.

I'm going to use reverse liberal logic here: The Pro-abortion crowd has argued if you outlaw abortion, women will still get abortions only under less controlled conditions so many may get injured or die. Therefore, in the liberal mindset, it is better to allow them to "break the law" as it were.

Ok, if you confiscate guns, people will do what the criminals do now an buy them on the black market so everyone who wants a gun will have one. The difference is, the price will skyrocket leading to something akin to drug wars. There will be gang-style murders, buys gone bad, rip-offs, payback murders, etc. Moreover, any guy with a vise and a hacksaw will figure out how to manufacture zip guns and better. Therefore, it will not eradicate guns but simply increase crime by several factors. You will have homemade guns blowing up on use. Homemade guns with no safeties accidentally discharging, people dying from substandard gun failures, and gang wars. Therefore, in order to save lives, reduce crime and protect the people from themselves, we need to not only nix gun control but make more guns available to more people.

Chew on that

Ever wonder why some mayors are against guns... Maybe it is envy... seems some of Michael Bloomberg's buddies on the anti-gun wagon have a record and are not legal to own guns anymore:

http://www.saf.org/images/maig.pdf
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    How many times are guns used for transportation, which for society is much more important than the few rare times in your life you need a gun for self defense?

Cars have better safety stats hands down, but it doesn’t stop people from misinforming with stats.
    I would differ: people adapt... If there were no motor vehicles... folks would figure out a way to live... AND
    If there were no guns in the hands of private citizens two things would happen:
    One: Crime would go UP, and
    Two: folks would figure out a way to protect themselves... probably not as safe a way as the current quality of guns.

So as Hearth noted above: LEAVING guns in place as they are... makes more sense.
    Might want to watch the video in Post # 2444. Seems one polecat understands. BTW: this guy was elected from the most heavily Hispanic part of Texas... even the immigrants understand better than the libs do.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Page 189 of 255 FirstFirst ... 89139179182183184185186187188189190191192193194195196199239 ... LastLast