Page 188 of 255 FirstFirst ... 88138178181182183184185186187188189190191192193194195198238 ... LastLast
Results 2,432 to 2,444 of 3305
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post

lets see, From the CDC (Center for Disease Control) in 2011 all unintentional injury deaths was 120,859. Deaths per 100,000--- 39.1

Motor Vehicle traffic Deaths, 33,687. Death per 100,000: 10.9

All homicide deaths, 16,259. Deaths per 100,000: 5.3

Firearm deaths, 11,078. Deaths per 100,000: 3.6

ut-oooh, there goes that theory
    According to the same website there were over 31k deaths by firearm while still 33k automotive related deaths.

Odd...you fiddlin with numbers jmac?

I would guess the ratio in auto accidents has gone up even more since 2011 partiall due to texting and driving. I see drivers everyday texting while driving.

Motor Vehicle traffic Deaths, 33,687. Death per 100,000: 10.9

Firearm deaths, 11,078. Deaths per 100,000: 3.6

You are incorrectly comparing two figures. In order to compare your numbers you must be aware that our exposure to cars far outweighs our exposure to guns. Driving on the street is like having bullets continually passing by your head because every car around you has the potential to kill you on the spot, yet they don't. Not so with guns. My exposure to guns is a mere fraction of that. So that must be factored into the number you compare.

It’s like comparing the amount of deaths due to car exhaust inhalation to deaths caused by carbon monoxide inhalation. Sure car exhaust inhalation figures will be much higher because of our exposure to it, but we both know which one has worse stats per exposure…and which one is more deadly and feared.

I have been hit by vehicles twice in my life, but never been shot. Therefore, the ratio of being physically harmed by vehicles versus being physically harmed by a firearm is one billion to none. And that's a statistical fact.....now....
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    I have been hit by vehicles twice in my life, but never been shot. Therefore, the ratio of being physically harmed by vehicles versus being physically harmed by a firearm is one billion to none. And that's a statistical fact.....now....
    But you are just one person. One person using ratios doesn't amount to anything.

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    According to the same website there were over 31k deaths by firearm while still 33k automotive related deaths.

Odd...you fiddlin with numbers jmac?
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    You are incorrectly comparing two figures. In order to compare your numbers you must be aware that our exposure to cars far outweighs our exposure to guns. Driving on the street is like having bullets continually passing by your head because every car around you has the potential to kill you on the spot, yet they don't. Not so with guns. My exposure to guns is a mere fraction of that. So that must be factored into the number you compare.

It’s like comparing the amount of deaths due to car exhaust inhalation to deaths caused by carbon monoxide inhalation. Sure car exhaust inhalation figures will be much higher because of our exposure to it, but we both know which one has worse stats per exposure…and which one is more deadly and feared.
    excuse me, but you two were the ones that came up with the comparison. I simply copied the information from the CDC website. This is a classic example of what I was talking about. No matter what is posted as fact you guys are determined, regardless of fact, to twist the information to whatever you feel is appropriate or suites your agenda.

Im now convinced both of you are working for or are related to the Brady Campaign or The Violence Policy center. Neither one is credible and neither of you have a decent rebuttel except to twist the information posted.
    The Last four letters

American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions

excuse me, but you two were the ones that came up with the comparison.
    You got that bass ackwards. You are the guys that proposed outlawing cars becasue they kill too. ...then you came in with the comparitive numbers.

again, you make my point. Law abiding citizens WITH firearms are not nearly as reckless as people in cars
    It only seems that way because there are so few guns compared to cars on the road. Cars on the road are much safer per 1,000 sampled.

excuse me, but you two were the ones that came up with the comparison. I simply copied the information from the CDC website. This is a classic example of what I was talking about. No matter what is posted as fact you guys are determined, regardless of fact, to twist the information to whatever you feel is appropriate or suites your agenda.

Im now convinced both of you are working for or are related to the Brady Campaign or The Violence Policy center. Neither one is credible and neither of you have a decent rebuttel except to twist the information posted.
    The CDC website shows firearm deaths at 31k. You said 11k.....

The Last four letters

any questions

Ah....I see where the mix up happened.... you are looking at accidents....the part of CDC I was looking at was total injuries.

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/injury.htm

Is it not interesting how data can be manipulated, to meet ones own requirements (no finger pointing). I think there is little conclusive evidence either way. So any change either way may only make a small change.
    So let bring anew one into the mix, how many cars are used as the weapon of choice for the purpose of homicide.
    Which then has the higher ratio guns or cars?

The Last four letters

any questions

Page 188 of 255 FirstFirst ... 88138178181182183184185186187188189190191192193194195198238 ... LastLast