Page 187 of 261 FirstFirst ... 87137177180181182183184185186187188189190191192193194197237 ... LastLast
Results 2,419 to 2,431 of 3382
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    It dont give you a right to run around armed thats for sure.... the governments just letting that one slide because guns have been such a big part of our culture for so long...

Im not an email or a blog or some anonymous high level source.... Hugh.... so whatever I said would be met with .....crickets.... Id be called a liar..... or the "you dont understand"....

or jmac.... or is it jp would mention heller v dc.....

yep.... I just dont know why they didnt take a sharpie and just cross out the 2nd long ago when it became moot.... stick a fork in it....cause its been done a long time.....

emails and blogs and anonymous high level reliable sources.....oh my...

Have a nice day tomorrow hugh...and the rest of you... I stood over a shop vac all night...well most of it... and my back is ready to hit the bed.
    If the second amendment doesn't give you the right to "run around armed" why does it read "to keep and BEAR arms"

As we discussed at the beginning of this thread, words are important, corny. They have meanings.

http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/bear

Given that the primary definition in the Oxford dictionary it "to carry" I think that you've simply chosen to ignore the meaning of that word to suit whatever chit you're trying to stir this week.

See. I refuted you without having to refer to DC vs Heller. It isn't that hard, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    Jmac,
    It isn’t too late to register and it's only forty miles. It would clear your head and give you some experience in being around people without being able to shoot someone. But with 32,000 people there might be a bad guy in the mix.

http://www.active.com/cycling/bikene...lusivesale.htm
    notachance, I don't drive anything unless it has a motor (in all honesty, I sold this last year~~~been driving these *bikes* since '74)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    LOVE has four letters

So does BEER, DEER,GUNS AND FISH

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    notachance, I don't drive anything unless it has a motor
    Is it because you need the quick acceleration in case a shooting breaks out?

Is it because you need the quick acceleration in case a shooting breaks out?
    nnaaa, like I said, I sold it. After 37 years for riding, it turns out there are far more crazy people in cars than with guns, by 1000 to 1.

I am 100 times more worried about driving down the street than getting mugged.
    LOVE has four letters

nnaaa, like I said, I sold it. After 37 years for riding, it turns out there are far more crazy people in cars than with guns, by 1000 to 1.

I am 100 times more worried about driving down the street than getting mugged.
    Comparing apples to oranges again? There are many more drivers in America than there are gun owners.

Not to mention most cars are driven every day....most guns collect dust every day.

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    Comparing apples to oranges again? There are many more drivers in America than there are gun owners.

Not to mention most cars are driven every day....most guns collect dust every day.
    Thanx for making my point. Actually there is an estimated 310 million firearms in America. 280 million households have at least one firearm.

so it is virtually apples to apples. I'll be much more inclined to trust a Law abiding firearms owner driving a car, than your kid driving around texting and yapping on their cell phone.

You see, Firearms owners are far more likely to follow ALL laws than the average citizen.

People with concealed carry permits are:
    • 5.7 times less likely to be arrested for violent offenses than the general public
    • 13.5 times less likely to be arrested for non-violent offenses than the general public

An Analysis of the Arrest Rate of Texas Concealed Carry Handgun License Holders as Compared to the Arrest Rate of the Entire Texas Population, William E. Sturdevant,

Of 14,000 CCW licensees in Oregon, only 4 (0.03%) were convicted of the criminal (not necessarily violent) use or possession of a firearm.
    LOVE has four letters

I think your math is off Jmac....or maybe it was a typo.

oddly, I don't really care what you think,

My numbers could be dead on and it won't make any difference to you.

People like you and Pelosi, Feinstein, Schumer can't even figure out the difference between an assault rifle and a semi-automatic rifle, so why even argue to the point

All we can do is keep reiterating the differences and hope someday it will sink in. I have a feeling that Hades will be a block of ice before that happens
    LOVE has four letters

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post

There may be more cars on the road in the morning but only the cars around you can hurt you…and cars are around you most of the day.

I would bet that gun deaths have worse stats (ratios) than car deaths, seeing that we are exposed to cars all day every day but guns very infrequently.

We are exposed to millions of cars in a year but only hundreds of CCW and criminally carried guns a year (in CA). But are there hundreds of thousands more car deaths than gun deaths in CA? I doubt it.

oddly, I don't really care what you think,

My numbers could be dead on and it won't make any difference to you.

People like you and Pelosi, Feinstein, Schumer can't even figure out the difference between an assault rifle and a semi-automatic rifle, so why even argue to the point

All we can do is keep reiterating the differences and hope someday it will sink in. I have a feeling that Hades will be a block of ice before that happens
    It does make a difference to me....there aren't even 280 million households in America.

I dunno if you blindly copy and paste the first stats you find that agree with your ideals or what.

... it turns out there are far more crazy people in cars than with guns, by 1000 to 1.
    They are not necessarily crazy. They just aren’t consciously or unconsciously looking out for street bikes or bicycles. At night they are looking out for two headlights, not one.

I’m a speed demon on a road bike, dirt bike, street bike, snow skis or sports cars. Me and semi-conscious motorists don’t mix well. I’ve also downsized to no motor, carbon fiber, less than 30mph on the shoulder of the road. My heart likes it too. Now if I can just keep those texters from plowing me from behind.

There may be more cars on the road in the morning but only the cars around you can hurt you…and cars are around you most of the day.

I would bet that gun deaths have worse stats (ratios) than car deaths, seeing that we are exposed to cars all day every day but guns very infrequently.

We are exposed to millions of cars in a year but only hundreds of CCW and criminally carried guns a year (in CA). But are there hundreds of thousands more car deaths than gun deaths in CA? I doubt it.
    lets see, From the CDC (Center for Disease Control) in 2011 all unintentional injury deaths was 120,859. Deaths per 100,000--- 39.1

Motor Vehicle traffic Deaths, 33,687. Death per 100,000: 10.9

All homicide deaths, 16,259. Deaths per 100,000: 5.3

Firearm deaths, 11,078. Deaths per 100,000: 3.6

ut-oooh, there goes that theory
    LOVE has four letters

They are not necessarily crazy. They just aren’t consciously or unconsciously looking out for street bikes or bicycles. At night they are looking out for two headlights, not one.

I’m a speed demon on a road bike, dirt bike, street bike, snow skis or sports cars. Me and semi-conscious motorists don’t mix well. I’ve also downsized to no motor, carbon fiber, less than 30mph on the shoulder of the road. My heart likes it too. Now if I can just keep those texters from plowing me from behind.
    again, you make my point. Law abiding citizens WITH firearms are not nearly as reckless as people in cars
    LOVE has four letters

Page 187 of 261 FirstFirst ... 87137177180181182183184185186187188189190191192193194197237 ... LastLast