Page 185 of 216 FirstFirst ... 85135175178179180181182183184185186187188189190191192195 ... LastLast
Results 2,393 to 2,405 of 2796
    Wow, what a long post & a passionate one.
    So, I'll leave a logical statement, but keep in mind that Logic is on the down-turn.

Gun Laws Prevent Shooting Sprees? Then Please tell me more about how Criminals follow Laws.
    "Please, DO NOT SHOOT the messenger!!!"

"It is not what you Know, but rather, Knowing where to find the answer when you need it"

a question we have been asking a for quite some time
    "Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    all it proves is there will always be criminals, and criminals will always have guns.
    Then what is preventing the criminals in Hawaii from using guns?

Should we also give up and say there will alway be Mrs. Lanzas that will give their crazy kids guns?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post

Should we also give up and say there will alway be Mrs. Lanzas that will give their crazy kids guns?
    WTF? Didn't he kill her????

Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

A key gun law analyst who has published books on the issue of the Second Amendment and its rights and responsibilities for decades says the Feinstein gun ban bill is just exactly that, a gun ban bill.

Not, essentially, a plan to limit certain guns. Not a limit on the size of magazines. Not a plan for restrictions on those with certifiable mental instabilities, a ban on criminals’ access or a plan to encourage gun safety.

Alan Korwin is a nationally recognized expert resource on the issue of gun laws, and runs Bloomfield Press, which is the largest publisher and distributor of gun-law books in the country.

He said if the plan by Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., is made law, “any semiautomatic firearm with uses a magazine – handgun, rifle or shotgun – equipped with a ‘pistol grip,’ would be banned.”

He explained, “That sounds like a limitation, but it is not. A pistol grip (on page 2) is defined (on page 13) as ‘a grip, a thumb-hole stock, or any other characteristic that can function as a grip.’”

He said, “In other words, the gun list does not matter. It is a smokescreen designed to distract people from the true meaning of the bill. And it has done a magnificent job. It worked! Any semi-automatic firearm that exists, with anything on it you can grip, is banned. (There is a grandfather clause for old stuff.)

Read the proposed bill here.

“The list is meaningless tripe. It is camouflage for the real purpose of the bill. When the president said he is not going to take away your guns, well, Feinstein’s bill puts the lie to that. Magazine size does not matter. Brand name does not matter. It doesn’t matter if it’s black. If you can grip it, it’s banned under this bill.”

The bill, in fact, states, “‘Pistol grip’ means … any … characteristic that can function as a grip.”

That definition follows on the bill’s specific reference that a “pistol grip” is a banned component.

Make preparations, with a comprehensive guide to self-defense, “Armed Response.

Korwin wrote his first book, “The Arizona Gun Owner’s Guide,” in 1989, and it now is in its 25th edition. He subsequently wrote or helped with nine more books on gun laws for several individual states, as well as federal guides to national laws and Supreme Court gun cases.

He maintains on his website a free directory to every gun law in the nation.

Here is a thought about Hawaii...
    I have a friend that lives there now... and a friend that moved here around 2005 from there... I asked them what folks did for a living there besides govt, university, and tourism. Both answered grow dope, stay stoned, and sit on the beech. I was amazed... yet after researching I find this to be true... A significant number of folks in Hawaii remain high on maryjane most of their lives... in other words too mellow to get involved in violent crime...
    Now this is only GA's opinion... however I do remember when I was high school and college age... most of the folks who were perpetually stoned... were quite mellow and non-combative.

We need to remember that Mrs Lanza was MURDERED before her son got the guns. We also need to remember that Adam failed a background check and was not allowed to buy guns on his own. So there is a logical conclusion: Short of murdering one's parents or house-mates or neighbors or occupants of a house one is robbing for gun(s)... The scenario changes considerably... perhaps enough to prevent a school shooting.

Armed citizens are a lot safer than unarmed citizens. The wild-west shootouts never happened. Areas restricted from guns have high crime (except islands where importation is easier to control). And govts do not have a good track record of managing anything very well... what govts DO have a track record of is robbing citizens.

Now Brian; when are you gonna turn in that assualt gun... Either you follow the law... or be a criminal (for illegal ownership of an illegal gun)... Which one will it be...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Galatians 2:20-21; Colossians 1: 21-22 & 26-27; 3:1-4; Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service.

Adam.... the maniac..... shot his mommy in the face..... how did he shoot his mommy in the face before he got the guns.....
    As Seen On You Tube (usually under someone elses name)

I ran across a news item the other day that said the police in Hawaii are organizing a gun buy-back program. How could that be? I thought there were no guns in Hawaii. In addition, if there are guns to buy back how is it that there is a need to have such a program if gun violence does not exist or is so low?

Lets face it. The real agenda of our government is to circumvent the constitution and confiscate all firearms. They just do it a piece at a time, just what they can get away with politically at the moment. That is exactly how confiscation has worked everywhere else. That is what is going on now. And, firearm use in crime and accidents is at an alltime low especially when you realize that firearm numbers in the hands of the public is at an alltime high.

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Adam.... the maniac..... shot his mommy in the face..... how did he shoot his mommy in the face before he got the guns.....
    It does not matter. What matters is that I should not be made to give up my firearms for the misuse of firearms by others. I should not be made a felon because someone passes a law that makes me a felon and I never even left the house.

The only thing I need to point out is that the Second Amendment says I can be armed and that right shall not be infringed. Why can't you understand that?

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Who says Adam shot his Mom in the face... Did you see the body? Or is this the same media and govt that cannot get most of the facts straight... which you blindly believe every word they say.

And did Adam have access to all the guns he supposedly used at the school before he murdered his Mom? How would you know or not know that... other than a media and govt that again cannot seem to get the facts straight.

Discussing something without verifiable facts (a link to a news story from a corrupt media/govt is not a verifiable fact) is kinda worthless if one really wants to learn the truth or find a solution... If, however, the only goal is to argue... well carry on...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Galatians 2:20-21; Colossians 1: 21-22 & 26-27; 3:1-4; Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service.

Our trustworthy government, the BATF, the very agency charged with enforcing our federal firearms law has never been trustworthy. In addition to the Fast and Furious mess they refuse to own up to there are lots and lots of smaller operations they can't get right. So, here is the latest one in the news.... And, we have people on this thread that want more firearms laws when the BATF is already full of goofs, screw ups and those ready to implicate the innocent!

http://www.jsonline.com/watchdog/wat...l?abc=Ct5vpWpS

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Who says Adam shot his Mom in the face... Did you see the body? Or is this the same media and govt that cannot get most of the facts straight... which you blindly believe every word they say.

And did Adam have access to all the guns he supposedly used at the school before he murdered his Mom? How would you know or not know that... other than a media and govt that again cannot seem to get the facts straight.

Discussing something without verifiable facts (a link to a news story from a corrupt media/govt is not a verifiable fact) is kinda worthless if one really wants to learn the truth or find a solution... If, however, the only goal is to argue... well carry on...
    Of course I believe the police....why would they have a reason to lie.......

Got anything better........ some dude on the internet.... some email.....

Given your view then nothing is verifiable unless you see it with your own two eyes.......

What is wrong with you Opie..... ??? You post the most absolutely unverifiable.... nonsense of anyone on this board......and yet you always try discredit anything anyone else puts up there.....

You have got to be a real piece of work in real life......

Anyhow... yes... I dont see why the police would lie about how his mommy died...... this isnt the police in newtown trying to take your guns.....( and I bet your idea of name brand is taurus and keltec...lol)...... probably even lower on the quality scale than those....... cause we all know how cheap you are.

But its not the newtown police...... its our politicians who jumped on the tragedy to get their agenda across......

Adam didnt fail his background check either you email educated person.....he declined buying the rifle when he found out there was a 14 day waiting period..... and thats from the store owner.....

But I guess in that mind....lol....of yours.... he is "in on it" too.........lol
    As Seen On You Tube (usually under someone elses name)

As you can see I am not too proud to listen or admit that I didn’t know something. Unlike others that will never relent their righteousness. But it doesn’t automatically make you right on all other points either.

I can see why they don’t want guns in the homes because they are the same guns that are used out on the streets. People will not secure them or prohibit their misfit, criminal, warped family members from playing with them like they are toys (as with the Lanzas).

NYC’s gun laws seem unfair and illegal but as we have learned with Hawaii, if we could keep guns out of society it would be very effective on reducing crime.
    I've admitted error before, too, Brian.

And, nobody said that magically removing all of the guns wouldn't prevent gun crime, we're just saying that it's impossible to remove ALL of the guns.

So, you still got that assault rifle?

Nimble, quick, capable of accepting a large capacity ammunition feeding device. Killing machine.

Do you see the idiocy of the AWB, yet? That's the point I've been trying to press home with this.

Page 185 of 216 FirstFirst ... 85135175178179180181182183184185186187188189190191192195 ... LastLast