Page 184 of 255 FirstFirst ... 84134174177178179180181182183184185186187188189190191194234 ... LastLast
Results 2,380 to 2,392 of 3314
    Wouldnt go to Cuba either..... never thought much of those folks either......
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

how many post til we can see profile?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    Thanks jmac, I had no idea that there were places in this county that you could not own a gun or use one as home protection. It makes me wonder how they suspend people’s Second Amendment Rights.

How is the NRA or ACLU powerless to fight such a law? And, why was it implemented in the first place. Is it because of the close proximity of the people there and if a gun is discharged it is likely to kill the wrong person? Or is it because of the ghetto types in the area?
    Again...

We've been TRYING to educate you on this, you've been choosing to NOT listen to us.

The ACLU has never taken on a gun case and never will.

http://www.aclu.org/racial-justice_p...cond-amendment

Idiots.

Thanks jmac, I had no idea that there were places in this county that you could not own a gun or use one as home protection. It makes me wonder how they suspend people’s Second Amendment Rights.

How is the NRA or ACLU powerless to fight such a law? And, why was it implemented in the first place. Is it because of the close proximity of the people there and if a gun is discharged it is likely to kill the wrong person? Or is it because of the ghetto types in the area?
    they side step the 2nd Amendment by offering a pistol permit license to CCW In NYC......doesn't mean your going to get it, they just offer it. It;s my understanding, if you are friends of Mikey Loonberg or Ray Kelly, you can probably get a pistol permit for NYC, {I have no idea if this is true} but it may cost you up to $6000.....again, I have never tried to acquire a NYC pistol permit. All I know is my unrestricted permit is void in NYC.

Thats another thing. In NYS there are three different TYPES of permits. (1) Unrestricted,carry concealed anywhere that legal (2)restricted, you may own a gun, but you can only use it for hunting and target and home defense, you may not carry concealed (3) premisses only---you may transport a gun to your store, business or home. But the firearm must remain at that address

actually if you include the NYC "permit" there are four
    Last edited by jmac00; 01-30-2013 at 07:32 AM. Reason: clearification
    The Last four letters

American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    I would probably enjoy living in china..... Id love to go there some day but I dont ever see that happening because of financial and family obligations that must come before any dreams I have that dont involve a piece of scrap wood.... or a piece of scrap metal that I get out of some plants metal garbage bin.

But North Korea..... no thanks..... to brutal for me.... I wouldnt even want to go to south korea.... cause...while I dont really have anything against the koreans....... I just dont care for them.....

Dont want no harm to come to them..... Just have no desire to visit their country....

Just something about those folks....... cant quite put my finger on it.....
    S Korea is not bad I served in the 2/10th CAV when I was there in 68. It was very cold at 3am facing north in an open foxhole in a Siberian blizzard with just cold weather but not Artic clothing. Back then the dollar really went a long way there. Great Korean meat and rice dishes were dirt cheap. But if going on a trip I would like to go back to Nam and see what it is like now and revisit old areas of operation. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Again...

We've been TRYING to educate you on this, you've been choosing to NOT listen to us.
    As you can see I am not too proud to listen or admit that I didn’t know something. Unlike others that will never relent their righteousness. But it doesn’t automatically make you right on all other points either.

I can see why they don’t want guns in the homes because they are the same guns that are used out on the streets. People will not secure them or prohibit their misfit, criminal, warped family members from playing with them like they are toys (as with the Lanzas).

NYC’s gun laws seem unfair and illegal but as we have learned with Hawaii, if we could keep guns out of society it would be very effective on reducing crime.

As you can see I am not too proud to listen or admit that I didn’t know something. Unlike others that will never relent their righteousness. But it doesn’t automatically make you right on all other points either.

I can see why they don’t want guns in the homes because they are the same guns that are used out on the streets. People will not secure them or prohibit their misfit, criminal, warped family members from playing with them like they are toys (as with the Lanzas).

NYC’s gun laws seem unfair and illegal but as we have learned with Hawaii, if we could keep guns out of society it would be very effective on reducing crime.

only if you build a 2000 mile moat around each state
    The Last four letters

any questions

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post

only if you build a 2000 mile moat around each state
    Maybe true, but it does prove that law abiding citizens do provide the criminals with their weaponry. If you can take them away from the citizens then you have taken them away from the criminals.

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    I am assuming the pun was intended....
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

Maybe true, but it does prove that law abiding citizens do provide the criminals with their weaponry. If you can take them away from the citizens then you have taken them away from the criminals.
    Did I miss something?
    How does it prove that?

You're like an old 8 track tape player with a broken track selector switch loaded with a Cat Stevens tape installed in a '78 Mustang ll with the underpowered 4 cylinder engine that leaks oil from the rear seal.

Oh yeah, the windshield is cracked too.

Quote Originally Posted by koolkahuna View Post
    Did I miss something?
    How does it prove that?

You're like an old 8 track tape player with a broken track selector switch loaded with a Cat Stevens tape installed in a '78 Mustang ll with the underpowered 4 cylinder engine that leaks oil from the rear seal.

Oh yeah, the windshield is cracked too.
    it was a '72 Boss
    The Last four letters

any questions

all it proves is there will always be criminals, and criminals will always have guns. Most weapons seem to be coming from gun shops, not civilian homes.

In this area we have had two guns store burglarized in the last 6-7 months, putting approximately 130 hand guns on the black market and at least two Modern sporting rifles. That I know of.

There could be more? Who knows?

and guess what. The BATF are the guys that approve FFL's and the security of there stores.
    The Last four letters

any questions

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    all it proves is there will always be criminals, and criminals will always have guns. Most weapons seem to be coming from gun shops, not civilian homes.

In this area we have had two guns store burglarized in the last 6-7 months, putting approximately 130 hand guns on the black market and at least two Modern sporting rifles. That I know of.

There could be more? Who knows?

and guess what. The BATF are the guys that approve FFL's and the security of there stores.
    The BATF is on record as having lost a number of its own agency firearms and laptop computers containing private information. So they can't keep track for their own guns. Then we have all those guns they walked into Mexico right into the very hands they are charged with preventing them from getting into.

One of the reasons (actually the primary one) that I own firearms is that I don't trust government and I have good reason not to trust my government. The law enforcement I have learned to trust most is my local county sheriff's department. I have a personal relationship with him and his staff and he happens to think like I do and would agree with much if not most that I and Jmac have posted in this thread. Even my sheriff has his deep reservations with the BATF and FBI.

Page 184 of 255 FirstFirst ... 84134174177178179180181182183184185186187188189190191194234 ... LastLast