Page 181 of 268 FirstFirst ... 81131171174175176177178179180181182183184185186187188191231 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,353 of 3474
    I only drink a little, but when I do
    I turn into another person and THAT person drinks a lot

More apples to weed whackers comparisons with noting isolated islands versus hugh land mass with hundreds of thousands of miles of walk in border. What part of "It's easier to control anything on an island" do these people just not get?

As for the islands that have a lot of violence, it is due to many different cultural, governmental and economic variances.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    More apples to weed whackers comparisons with noting isolated islands versus hugh land mass with hundreds of thousands of miles of walk in border. What part of "It's easier to control anything on an island" do these people just not get?

As for the islands that have a lot of violence, it is due to many different cultural, governmental and economic variances.
    http://www.cityrating.com/crime-stat.../#.UQfVUmcX_aA

It is unfortunate that we cannot get straight answers from statisticians. Comparative rates based on what is happening elsewhere is basically judging data on a curve. When ever we base data on comparative curves, we can make any data seem to indicate anything we want it to indicate.

How about a percentage of violent crimes against non-criminal citizens when gun control is in effect? With gun control, less of the bad guys can be shot.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

It is unfortunate that we cannot get straight answers from statisticians. Comparative rates based on what is happening elsewhere is basically judging data on a curve. When ever we base data on comparative curves, we can make any data seem to indicate anything we want it to indicate.

How about a percentage of violent crimes against non-criminal citizens when gun control is in effect? With gun control, less of the bad guys can be shot.
    agreed, anyone can bend the numbers. Thats why defensive use of a hand gun is so skewed. The defensive use of a hand gun is ESTIMATED at 2.5 million times per year because all most all the those situations the gun is never fired and no police are called. So therefore, according to statistics it never occurred. I used my hand gun 4 times so far, only brandishing my weapon ONCE and never called the police. So it never happened?????

or you can go with the incidences that WERE reported to police, and now your defensive gun use is only around 100K-150K per year. So the liberals can sit back and say "<scoff> your lying, the hard facts are right here"

It's crap shoot with the anti-gun crowd. You can bury them in facts, which they ignore or they pick and choose the stats that help there agenda?

This is why I'll be watching from the side lines for awhile. Ignorance I can fix, You can't fix stupid.

Isn't the simple solution to have all of the gun grabbers go move to a city and pass their laws and leave the rest of us alone? Seems like a simple enough compromise to me. They can have Chicago since it's already as close to gun free zone (well legally owned ones anyway). I don't have much use for Californication either so they can take their pick down there too.

Seems fair to me. They can all huddle together and protect each other. The rest of us will carry on with life.
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

What part of "It's easier to control anything on an island" do these people just not get?
    What happened to:
    “If people want guns they will get them?”
    “No guns in the homes mean more home invasions?”
    “No CCW leads to more crime?”
    “The black market is unstoppable?”
    “If someone wants to kill dozens of elementary school kids they will just use a pencil or a pocket knife?”

Are you saying that Hawaii doesn’t have a black market trade of any kind?
    Are you saying they have a better criminal justice system?
    Do they have more insane asylums?
    Why aren't their criminals just using some other weapon?

Your response says two things:
    An abolishment of guns does lead to a lower crime rate.
    If Hawaii does indeed have a lower crime rate you’d rather criticize them rather than use them as a model solution for our shootings.

With gun control, less of the bad guys can be shot.
    Gun control of what?

It would be nice if you guys stopped using the broad term “gun control.” If you mean CCW, say CCW. If you are inferring that we are about to lose our right to have any type of gun in our home for self defense, say that. But I don’t see that being a possibility.

"Gun control" is such a broad term it is nearly meaningless. It's like asking are you for or against air pollution.

Quote Originally Posted by ControlsInMT View Post
    They can have Chicago since it's already as close to gun free zone (well legally owned ones anyway). I don't have much use for Californication either so they can take their pick down there too.
    “Gun Free Zone”. Another meaningless term.

California’s law abiding citizens are hardly gun free. But maybe it was a legitimate oversight on your part.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    “Gun Free Zone”. Another meaningless term.

California’s law abiding citizens are hardly gun free. But maybe it was a legitimate oversight on your part.
    Failed reading comprehension again I see. I referred to Chicago as gun free and said I didn't have much use for California. But then with your continuing bias and rose colored glasses I can understand how you missed the distinction.

Failed reading comprehension again I see. I referred to Chicago as gun free and said I didn't have much use for California. But then with your continuing bias and rose colored glasses I can understand how you missed the distinction.
    You made the comparison, not me. Maybe you could tell us exactly what "gun free zone" means, especially as it compares to California?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    You made the comparison, not me. Maybe you could tell us exactly what "gun free zone" means, especially as it compares to California?
    I could tell you but you would still argue without any fact or logic so there is no point.

And no it was not a comparison, it was referring to a place the gun grabbers can have. That would make you 0 for 2 in your effort to comprehend, thus my reluctance to attempt to answer your request.

I could tell you but you would still argue without any fact or logic so there is no point.
    Because "gun free zone" is one of your buzz words that has no meaning.

Page 181 of 268 FirstFirst ... 81131171174175176177178179180181182183184185186187188191231 ... LastLast