Page 173 of 267 FirstFirst ... 73123163166167168169170171172173174175176177178179180183223 ... LastLast
Results 2,237 to 2,249 of 3470
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaT View Post
    I admit that I have not read all these post but you guys do realize that in the bible there's a part about Ceaser banning stones and rocks, right?
    I seem to have missed that part. Is that in the gospel according to Barack? I'm pretty sure that gospel is the same as the Islamic Hussein verses and the African tribal Obamaism.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?sec...cal&id=8968966

Arne Duncan who gave a rah rah speach in Washington stated we must act we must act etc,who grew up on the South side of Chicago,should go back to Chicago and address the real issues of run violence due to high proverty and no jobs.

There were 2 killed when a masked gunman opened fire on people outside a 24 hour diner. No one could defend themselves.Only the gunman had a gun.
    FEN

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    Ya know how people are saying if a criminal wants to get a gun they will get one no matter the law?

Abortions are the same way....if a woman doesn't want a baby there are numerous ways to get rid of it before birth...and those other ways are not performed by doctors. So by making abortions illegal you are accomplishing nothing except endangering the mother as well as the baby.
    So you're saying making abortions legal keeps mothers and babies safe?

That's like taking down all stop signs because some people drive through them without stopping.

By your logic it would be acceptable to kill kids in a classroom if a doctor did it.
    :screwy:

This same logic says taking guns away from everyone to stop the few who commit crimes with them is the right thing to do.
    That is why I think the anti-gun crowd is STUPID.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/01/26...-gun-training/

http://www.nysheriffs.org/articles/s...se-ny-safe-act

it seems the NYS Sheriffs don't agree with the Government.

•Assault weapon ban and definition of assault weapons. We believe that the new definition of assault weapons is too broad, and prevents the possession of many weapons that are legitimately used for hunting, target shooting and self defense. Classifying firearms as assault weapons because of one arbitrary feature effectively deprives people the right to possess firearms which have never before been designated as assault weapons. We are convinced that only law abiding gun owners will be affected by these new provisions, while criminals will still have and use whatever weapons they want.

THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PASSAGE

•Method of bill passage. It is the view of the Sheriffs’ Association that anytime government decides it is necessary or desirable to test the boundaries of a constitutional right that it should only be done with caution and with great respect for those constitutional boundaries. Further, it should only be done if the benefit to be gained is so great and certain that it far outweighs the damage done by the constriction of individual liberty. While many of the provisions of the new law have surface appeal, it is far from certain that all, or even many, of them will have any significant effect in reducing gun violence, which is the presumed goal of all of us. Unfortunately the process used in adoption of this act did not permit the mature development of the arguments on either side of the debate, and thus many of the stakeholders in this important issue are left feeling ignored by their government. Even those thrilled with the passage of this legislation should be concerned about the process used to secure its passage, for the next time they may find themselves the victim of that same process. Fortunately, the Governor has shown himself open to working with interested parties to address some of the problems that arose due to the hasty enactment of this law. We will work with the Governor and the Legislature on these issues.
    The problem is going to be, IF the Governor has to repeal or revise this bill, it will embarrass him and his administration and he won't want to do that. It will probably take a court order so the Governor can save face
    LOVE has four letters

So does BEER, DEER,GUNS AND FISH

Quote Originally Posted by koolkahuna View Post

So you're saying making abortions legal keeps mothers and babies safe?

That's like taking down all stop signs because some people drive through them without stopping.

By your logic it would be acceptable to kill kids in a classroom if a doctor did it.
    :screwy:

This same logic says taking guns away from everyone to stop the few who commit crimes with them is the right thing to do.
    That is why I think the anti-gun crowd is STUPID.
    Really? You want women to start doing the abortions themselves because it's illegal?

You want no laws restricting gun rights....but you feel that you have the authority to tell women what to do with their bodies. What are you...a pimp?

I can see it now....a woman can't abort her baby but she can buy the gun to kill it with. I like the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by the mojo View Post
    No they are armed with vengence in their hearts and venom in their veins.
    In their minds this may be true...

However IMO they are pawns of a seriously deceitful govt... Amazing how EASY it is to manipulate young folks to do the bidding of a corrupt leader.
    When the kids grow up... read that have some life experience... they will be ashamed of how they were taken.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Really? You want women to start doing the abortions themselves because it's illegal?

You want no laws restricting gun rights....but you feel that you have the authority to tell women what to do with their bodies. What are you...a pimp?

I can see it now....a woman can't abort her baby but she can buy the gun to kill it with. I like the idea.
    Student... you just do not GET IT...

It is NOT the govt's job to protect folks... It is folks job to take responsibility for their own actions/lives.
    You cannot make folks do the right thing with laws... it has to come from inside.
    Remember this one:

You cannot legislate morality.

Well it is true regardless of whether anyone wants to believe it or not. The ones who have their head in the sand will be the loosers... The ones who understand will be the winners. Which side of the fence do you want to be on... remember it is YOUR life, YOUR choices, and YOU are the one who has to live with the choices.

Both of the issues you speak of are FREEDOM issues.... NOT govt issues. Govt needs to stay OUT of both of them.

Sheesh... children between the ears... in adult bodies.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post

Student... you just do not GET IT...

It is NOT the govt's job to protect folks... It is folks job to take responsibility for their own actions/lives.
    You cannot make folks do the right thing with laws... it has to come from inside.
    Remember this one:

You cannot legislate morality.

Well it is true regardless of whether anyone wants to believe it or not. The ones who have their head in the sand will be the loosers... The ones who understand will be the winners. Which side of the fence do you want to be on... remember it is YOUR life, YOUR choices, and YOU ARE the one who has to live with the choices.

Both of the issues you speak of are FREEDOM issues.... NOT govt issues. Govt needs to stay OUT of both of them.

Sheesh... children between the ears... in adult bodies.
    You are assuming again....I didn't say I want the government to control guns....but I don't want them in abortions either.

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    I seem to have missed that part. Is that in the gospel according to Barack? I'm pretty sure that gospel is the same as the Islamic Hussein verses and the African tribal Obamaism.
    Its located right next to gullible GA's story about the PETA people and the biker group.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    All of the posting I read from you suggests you think (incorrectly IMO) that guns are the problem. They are not. They are only tools. The problem is criminals... and a govt that is not willing to make crime NOT pay.

Sorry guy... however your post is sooo full of holes... even this supposedly uneducated redneck could take it apart. Rather than do so... I will take the high road and leave you with some things to think about:

America is the ONLY country in the world currently with a 2nd amendment and a history of freedom for citizens based on citizens being able to tell the govt to back off... and put teeth in that statement.
    Do you NewZealandars have founding documents that guarantee you the rights our founding documents do?
    Does your country have a history of FREEDOM as ours does? Equivalent freedoms, not just some freedom.
    Does your country have a history of fighting for that freedom?
    And has there been incidents like the video above in Tennessee where the citizens both had the nerve and DID take their life back from crooked govt?
    If you can honestly and truthfully answer yes (would like to see verification of this) to ALL of the questions above... then perhaps you may understand how precious our FREEDOM and our country are to us.

BTW: you have not addressed my comment about how many lives are expendable to do this safe thing... to make folks feel good again.
    And you have not addressed the reality if guns are not stolen from private owners... they will just be supplied by smugglers.
    After watching how illegal drugs get into this country... I seriously doubt locking every legally owned gun in the country in a safe... would slow down the criminals one minute.
    And lets not forget: Our inept govt gave guns to the criminals in Mexico... then denied it... and are as of today refusing to provide documents for a Congressional investigation of same. Now do you really want to trust that same govt?
    Oh, and one might look at the violence along our US-Mexico borders... you really think locking up guns in safes will slow that down... really now.

IMO some folks cannot see the forest for the trees.

This gun thing is not about crime... it is about freedom. Really need to read the whole thread if you wanna play dude.
    Guns are not a problem, people are.

I also agree crims are the ones responsible, and yes punishment almost seem like a holiday for some.

If my argument is full of holes then show the holes and see if they can be filled, I am happy to be proven wrong.

You may have the second, but not having it does not stop the population from revolting. Wise words maybe, and certainly for the time, but really having it or not does not change what could or would happen.
    NZ does have founding documents of sorts, "The Treaty of Waitangi", of course it is not the same, but gives equal rights and specific rights to the indigenous people. And for your education, we have 3 official languages English, Maori, and Sign.
    I think you will find NZ is a leader freedoms for all, Which country gave women the vote first, USA? NO, it was NZ, so who was that showed equality for all.
    Yes NZ fights well above it population weight. NZ is Nuclear free, there was a great political fight against the USA over this issue, so even with you great strengths, we NZ fought for our right to be nuclear free. (and we took consequences)

The crooked govt issue is alittle harder to prove, because as people we hold our polecats responsible for their actions, so corruption never reallly get a chance to take hold.
    OK a very recent example, an elected MP (member of parliament), was also a trustee over his mothers estate (still alive), it would "seem" he was caught dipping into the trust fund, even though this was not directly related to our governance, this type of behavior is not acceptable from our representatives. Public pressure has forced out of his political party, and could lead to a bi-election. (he has not been found guilty yet, so we wait.)
    Having a gun does not give you freedom.

"Really? You want women to start doing the abortions themselves because it's illegal?"

No. I don't want babies killed whether legal or illegal.

"You want no laws restricting gun rights....but you feel that you have the authority to tell women what to do with their bodies."

At least as much authority to say what is right as her "authority" to choose to do what is wrong.

What are you...a pimp?
    No I'm not a pimp. Are you a co-conspirator to murder?

She currently can hire someone to kill her baby and she can buy a gun if she chooses to kill it herself.

You want to change that to just allowing her to contract out the killing but not to let her do it herself with a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by koolkahuna View Post

She currently can hire someone to kill her baby and she can buy a gun if she chooses to kill it herself.

You want to change that to just allowing her to contract out the killing but not to let her do it herself with a gun.
    No...because you misunderstand me...maybe it's the way I type.

I don't believe there should be laws on either topic.

You on the other hand believe in one but not the other...kinda hypocritical.

The only thing I believe would help in both cases is education.

No...because you misunderstand me...maybe it's the way I type.

Your italics do lean pretty far to the left.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Page 173 of 267 FirstFirst ... 73123163166167168169170171172173174175176177178179180183223 ... LastLast