Page 172 of 255 FirstFirst ... 72122162165166167168169170171172173174175176177178179182222 ... LastLast
Results 2,224 to 2,236 of 3305
    I admit that I have not read all these post but you guys do realize that in the bible there's a part about Ceaser banning stones and rocks, right?
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Quote Originally Posted by barbar View Post
    Firstly I stated "imported black market", guns that do not come from within the USA, I AGREE supply and demand will always occur.

I am not for banning anything including drugs, but that does not mean that i agree with a free for all. You are presuming I want guns banned, I would not. All I would require is that when guns are not in your control, that they are secured. (quality gun safe) and those who are in control are proficient in the use. "Mandated" It would seem that most gun owners on this site already do this. what is the issue with making a requirement of ownership.
    Can you see I am not limiting what type or being being able to carry.
    Well dude, you are not an American citizen... so your input... whether it has merit or not... is not if importance in this country. I have enough respect for you to not try to tell you how to run your country (a country I do not know the heritage of). I would hope you are professional and mature and intellectual enough to afford me the same respect. From your posts... it would appear not.

Now lets look at a potentially different issue: If guns are in safes, where it takes anything from 30-45 seconds to get to them; I wonder how many folks will become victims of criminals because the protection guaranteed by our constitution is not available to them in a timely manor... due to fear mongers making stupid laws.
    Now how many injuries/deaths would you say are an acceptable trade off... so criminals who would just buy the gun on the street anyway... cannot steal it because it is locked in a safe.
    Lets remember that Adam Lanza killed his Mom to get the guns... How much good would a safe do there? And remember; safes can be opened with a large lumber ax... so they are NOT secure.
    Oh, and lets remember this also: If a criminal cannot steal a gun... well they can just buy it for cash on the street.

So passing a law to lock up guns in safes, while it is politically cool and will make folks FEEL better, will NOT lower the # of guns in the hands of criminals... You yourself said you believe supply and demand works... So where there is demand for guns; there will be supply (whether they are stolen, smuggled in, or made in a basement shop).

So it would appear the esteemed guy from outside my country (which does not understand my country), in his intellectualism (I would call it arrogance) thinks he is gonna solve the issues within my country.
    MeThinks the guy from down under needs to work on the issues down under, and leave America to American citizens. I hear your country is not exactly civil in many regards... and you surely do not have anywhere near the success my country does.

Hmmm... I wonder if the guy from down under is jealous or envious of America... perhaps he could not get a visa to come here... So instead he is gonna try to wreck my country out of spite. Reminds me of a polecat... They make folks feel good... while they are destroying quality of life. No thanks.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaT View Post
    I admit that I have not read all these post but you guys do realize that in the bible there's a part about Ceaser banning stones and rocks, right?
    Post it!
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

http://twitchy.com/2012/12/16/amid-i...-credo-mobile/

This has transpired well beyond anything civil.
    Read the comments the sickness is within their own feeble minds.
    FEN

Do I need a 9mm or not ?
    i belong to peta ... people eating tasty animals. all my opinions are just mine.

Quote Originally Posted by the mojo View Post

WHOAH... that is some low life stuff... I hope it is just noise... My gut says this may not go down well for anyone...

Now do you think you are safe without arms?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by jpb2 View Post
    Do I need a 9mm or not ?
    How about a 1911 style .45... even is legal with a 7 round clip... <grin>

What I like about the .45 is the sheer knock-down power... with less collateral damage after the perp has a hole in their gut.

Missed my trip to the range last week... need to go twice next week to keep in practice.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

http://www.democracyforamerica.com/

And then you have these folks hiding behind a tragedy using children as a means to an end.

Who are they,based in Burlington Vermont and founded by Howard "screaming man" Dean and his brother James who runs the show.

Won't touch the relationship between the Greg Griego and his brother Eric Greigo due to the respect for the family members.
    FEN

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Well dude, you are not an American citizen... so your input... whether it has merit or not... is not if importance in this country. I have enough respect for you to not try to tell you how to run your country (a country I do not know the heritage of). I would hope you are professional and mature and intellectual enough to afford me the same respect. From your posts... it would appear not.

Now lets look at a potentially different issue: If guns are in safes, where it takes anything from 30-45 seconds to get to them; I wonder how many folks will become victims of criminals because the protection guaranteed by our constitution is not available to them in a timely manor... due to fear mongers making stupid laws.
    Now how many injuries/deaths would you say are an acceptable trade off... so criminals who would just buy the gun on the street anyway... cannot steal it because it is locked in a safe.
    Lets remember that Adam Lanza killed his Mom to get the guns... How much good would a safe do there? And remember; safes can be opened with a large lumber ax... so they are NOT secure.
    Oh, and lets remember this also: If a criminal cannot steal a gun... well they can just buy it for cash on the street.

So passing a law to lock up guns in safes, while it is politically cool and will make folks FEEL better, will NOT lower the # of guns in the hands of criminals... You yourself said you believe supply and demand works... So where there is demand for guns; there will be supply (whether they are stolen, smuggled in, or made in a basement shop).

So it would appear the esteemed guy from outside my country (which does not understand my country), in his intellectualism (I would call it arrogance) thinks he is gonna solve the issues within my country.
    MeThinks the guy from down under needs to work on the issues down under, and leave America to American citizens. I hear your country is not exactly civil in many regards... and you surely do not have anywhere near the success my country does.

Hmmm... I wonder if the guy from down under is jealous or envious of America... perhaps he could not get a visa to come here... So instead he is gonna try to wreck my country out of spite. Reminds me of a polecat... They make folks feel good... while they are destroying quality of life. No thanks.
    Lets look at the name of the thread, where does it say that american?
    Do you think gun control is an american issue only?? Well it is not. As this is primarily an US based forum, then one must interact based upon the populous. Or is that to intellectual for you to understand.

Could I get visa to the states, absolutely no problem, as many of your companies want me! I have spent some time on your great warships (not in NZ or the UK), because I could when you could not! It must hurt to think you tax paid dollars has gone to me.

Gun safes, if your read what I had written, then you would understand that weapons only need to be in a safe when they are NOT in your control.
    or simple terms when not by you as a person.

It would seem to me that you think it is just acceptable to have the number of killings you presently have, so doing nothing is just acceptable. There is not a perfect answer, because of the nature of mankind, but not to make an attempt to improve the situation, makes you almost as guilty as the crims.
    I clearly acknowledged I do not know your country, but clearly neither do you (other wise you would have predicted the winner of the last election, which you did not), so makes equal as far as this forum
    Keep up with the insults, just shows your lack of integrity.

Quote Originally Posted by the mojo View Post

So, the question is, are these highly charged anti-gun people armed?

Quote Originally Posted by barbar View Post
    Lets look at the name of the thread, where does it say that american?
    Do you think gun control is an american issue only?? Well it is not. As this is primarily an US based forum, then one must interact based upon the populous. Or is that to intellectual for you to understand.

Could I get visa to the states, absolutely no problem, as many of your companies want me! I have spent some time on your great warships (not in NZ or the UK), because I could when you could not! It must hurt to think you tax paid dollars has gone to me.

Gun safes, if your read what I had written, then you would understand that weapons only need to be in a safe when they are NOT in your control.
    or simple terms when not by you as a person.

It would seem to me that you think it is just acceptable to have the number of killings you presently have, so doing nothing is just acceptable. There is not a perfect answer, because of the nature of mankind, but not to make an attempt to improve the situation, makes you almost as guilty as the crims.
    I clearly acknowledged I do not know your country, but clearly neither do you (other wise you would have predicted the winner of the last election, which you did not), so makes equal as far as this forum
    Keep up with the insults, just shows your lack of integrity.
    All of the posting I read from you suggests you think (incorrectly IMO) that guns are the problem. They are not. They are only tools. The problem is criminals... and a govt that is not willing to make crime NOT pay.

Sorry guy... however your post is sooo full of holes... even this supposedly uneducated redneck could take it apart. Rather than do so... I will take the high road and leave you with some things to think about:

America is the ONLY country in the world currently with a 2nd amendment and a history of freedom for citizens based on citizens being able to tell the govt to back off... and put teeth in that statement.
    Do you NewZealandars have founding documents that guarantee you the rights our founding documents do?
    Does your country have a history of FREEDOM as ours does? Equivalent freedoms, not just some freedom.
    Does your country have a history of fighting for that freedom?
    And has there been incidents like the video above in Tennessee where the citizens both had the nerve and DID take their life back from crooked govt?
    If you can honestly and truthfully answer yes (would like to see verification of this) to ALL of the questions above... then perhaps you may understand how precious our FREEDOM and our country are to us.

BTW: you have not addressed my comment about how many lives are expendable to do this safe thing... to make folks feel good again.
    And you have not addressed the reality if guns are not stolen from private owners... they will just be supplied by smugglers.
    After watching how illegal drugs get into this country... I seriously doubt locking every legally owned gun in the country in a safe... would slow down the criminals one minute.
    And lets not forget: Our inept govt gave guns to the criminals in Mexico... then denied it... and are as of today refusing to provide documents for a Congressional investigation of same. Now do you really want to trust that same govt?
    Oh, and one might look at the violence along our US-Mexico borders... you really think locking up guns in safes will slow that down... really now.

IMO some folks cannot see the forest for the trees.

This gun thing is not about crime... it is about freedom. Really need to read the whole thread if you wanna play dude.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    I can see a scenario where the anit crowd will try to set up a massacre and blame it on the NRA.
    IMO the smart thing for the NRA to do is vacate their building before the march arrives... and let it fizzle. Cannot start a fight with someone who is not there...
    If they (NRA) make a stand... it will go down bad for them in the media... regardless of what really happened or who started it. And I would not be surprised if there was a LOT of planning to MAKE it look bad for the NRA... regardless of the facts.

Lets hope I am totally WRONG on this one... would be better for everyone.
    Better yet: If this was/is only trash talk... really that would be the best.

This reminds me of a video I saw sometime last year....
    Seems some college aged PITA (animal lovers) decided to (try to) harass a biker club over leather jackets.
    Well... one of them was duct-tapped to a tree... another was chained to a tree and p*ssed on... Another was stripped and laid over an ant bed.
    When the local cops talked to the bikers... they just said it was initiation stuff...
    Cops laughed and did not press charges.

Some folks just have to learn common sense the hard way.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    No they are armed with vengence in their hearts and venom in their veins.
    FEN

Page 172 of 255 FirstFirst ... 72122162165166167168169170171172173174175176177178179182222 ... LastLast