Page 171 of 267 FirstFirst ... 71121161164165166167168169170171172173174175176177178181221 ... LastLast
Results 2,211 to 2,223 of 3470
    Looking only at gun related deaths before and after heavy gun regulations or banning of firearms is only looking at a very skewed one side of a multifaceted issue. For example, when guns are banned, those who would normally commit suicide with guns simply find other ways to off themselves. The statistics show that less deaths occurred because of guns, but the suicide rate does not change.

If we look at the statistics for how many deaths were prevented by guns because responsible citizens were able to counter a gun assault with their own firearm, we get into millions of incidents each year where the bad guys who were stopped by firearms would have been successful.

In other words, regardless of how many deaths occur by gun, we need to look at whether or not many of those deaths are being prevented at all (in the case of suicides) and what the ratio of good guys being killed versus bad guys being killed is. When responsible citizens no longer are able to fight fire(arm) with fire(arm), a higher percentage of the deaths by firearms becomes victims of criminal activity rather than the criminals themselves.

I will willing give up my firearms the day that an armed police officer can be assigned to each and every citizen. Until that day comes, every citizen should have the right to be able to protect themselves against the bad guys, with equal or better abilities.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Why We Protect The Second Amendment

Based on a true story from Tennessee in 1946. The movie is Hollywood of course.

http://voxvocispublicus.homestead.co...of-Athens.html

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=34a_1317870586

The Kalifornia way for home protection. Yeah its been posted before,but this is what technology,and gun free expansion zones,controlled by the polecats,will get you.

Maximussheepology
    FEN

The videos in the two posts above are worth watching and thinking about.

What happened in Tennessee (both the corruption AND taking the city back from the corrupt govt) has happened as long as humans and govts have been around (and the USA is no different)... This kind of corruption HAS happened here in the USA and it CAN HAPPEN AGAIN here in the USA. Our 2nd amendment gives us the right to do what the citizens did that day.
    So folks need to ask themselves: Am I willing to be dis-armed and defenseless to a corrupt govt? Think carefully before you post a knee-jerk response.

The other one is what the govt would have you think is safety... as clearly displayed in the video... that is NOT safety for citizens.
    In reality.. it is safety for criminals.
    So again... folks need to ask themselves: Who deserves the safety the most? The citizens, or the criminals.

Now for you folks who are worried about guns getting into the wrong hands...
    There has been a 'war on drugs' for decades in this country... specific drugs have been illegal in all 50 states for longer than most of us have been alive. Yet the importation (smuggling) of drugs has flourished and grown hundreds of fold. So to say govt banning something will make it go away... well the war on drugs would suggest otherwise.

It all goes down to this: Do you want a free America... or do you want whatever table scraps the govt chooses to give you?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    Based on a true story from Tennessee in 1946. The movie is Hollywood of course.

http://voxvocispublicus.homestead.co...of-Athens.html
    dangling... those ignorant rednecks were fielding their own candidates in that election...... they broke a lot of laws that night getting their men elected...

doesnt sound very patriotic to me... looks to me like they were just as low down and corrupt as the sheriff and his bunch....

I also wonder if those backwoods rednecks would have had the same enthusiasm had they NOT had several horses in that race.

yes, i am referring to those ex ww 2 gis as rednecks and backwoods hillbillys.... they might have served their country but when they got back to tennessee it looks like the inbred redneck backwoods hillbilly crept back into them.

Also... if a tyrannical government was to take over today..... they would do it using our armed forces..... its the only way it could happen.... and whatever unorganized rag tap shooters popped up out of the citizenry would have no effect on them at all....

Of course there would be not resistance....organized or not..... Sure... you might have a few folks take up arms and die....but for the most part....people would grudgingly knuckle under the new regime....as most americans are not willing to put their own lives on the line for anything.... especially something like their freedom....or prinicipals....

We are not a nation of drunken GIs using force and intimidation to get our friends elected..... Any force powerfull enough to gain control of this nation is going to stomp out any insurrection quickly and painfully.

but of course... we are in no danger of having our government usurped.... you guys can live with that fantasy...and the free energy fantasy and the vatican has it all in the basement fantasy all you want..... but us folks who are not gullible will continue to live our lives not fearing the boogeyman.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

I own and carry firearms because...as an American, I CAN! Owning and "bearing" arms is one of the fundamental rights that American's have that makes the U.S.of A. different, and better, than other countries in the world where citizens are more or les subjects to a government of one sort or another.

If American's want the U.S. to be like other countries, those that have either declined in significance in the world by a reduction of their power, those whose currency is not the standard by which the world's economy operates on, then by all means, we should continue to regulate ourselves into being just like some other country.

Me? I still hold to my rights to God and guns, and I can assure you that I and many others have the guts to protect our rights and freedoms as we are guaranteed to have in the U.S. Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by koolkahuna View Post

I want to know where you are coming from.
    Explain your position; how are abortion laws stupid?
    Ya know how people are saying if a criminal wants to get a gun they will get one no matter the law?

Abortions are the same way....if a woman doesn't want a baby there are numerous ways to get rid of it before birth...and those other ways are not performed by doctors. So by making abortions illegal you are accomplishing nothing except endangering the mother as well as the baby.

Whether it be abortions or firearms, Americans have Constitutional rights to choose what we own and do, as long as what we own and do does not infringe on the rights of others directly. It is the actions of using firearms against others in a criminal manner that needs to be regulated, which there are many laws already on the books to do so. In the same manner, Americans should not be hindered by government for getting abortions and doctors should not be forced to perform abortions. This issue should be allowed to be regulated strictly by the individuals social, religious and ethical beliefs.

Overall, we need to get government out of our social lives....period!

Simple. Democrats get to have guns, republicans do not.

If they do not like it, off to the rehabilitation camps.

I am soo sorry, but that is how it works.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Now here is a twist:

Do you REALLY want this guy making the rules you have to live under:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=zNZczIgVXjg

Giving govt too much power... is like p*ssing into the wind... then wondering why one's pants are wet.

I am sure nobody on this forum is lacking in common sense to that level.

GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    This argument holds less water than a funnel.

Specific drugs have been illegal in all 50 states for many decades... yet their importation and use are on the RISE. Seems making drugs illegal did NOT lower their availability.

And to answer your question: YES, there is a HUGE black (illegal) market of firearms in the USA. Always has been and always will be.
    It is called supply and demand: If folks want to buy it... other folks will provide it if they can make a profit.

Care to try again with something that is provable?
    Firstly I stated "imported black market", guns that do not come from within the USA, I AGREE supply and demand will always occur.

I am not for banning anything including drugs, but that does not mean that i agree with a free for all. You are presuming I want guns banned, I would not. All I would require is that when guns are not in your control, that they are secured. (quality gun safe) and those who are in control are proficient in the use. "Mandated" It would seem that most gun owners on this site already do this. what is the issue with making a requirement of ownership.
    Can you see I am not limiting what type or being being able to carry.

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Now here is a twist:

Do you REALLY want this guy making the rules you have to live under:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=zNZczIgVXjg

Giving govt too much power... is like p*ssing into the wind... then wondering why one's pants are wet.

I am sure nobody on this forum is lacking in common sense to that level.

That guy is just a flat out idiot; http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=RULqrynjjGY

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Yes, he is a flat out idiot... However he is also an elected congresscritter at the FEDERAL level... and as such is one of the 546 folks who make law we have to live under.

Again I ask the question: Would you REALLY want this guy making rules you had to follow?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Page 171 of 267 FirstFirst ... 71121161164165166167168169170171172173174175176177178181221 ... LastLast