Page 170 of 255 FirstFirst ... 70120160163164165166167168169170171172173174175176177180220 ... LastLast
Results 2,198 to 2,210 of 3305
    If gun advocates claim crime drops when people begin to carry then why has crime been dropping in LA for some time now where there have been no changes in gun laws, CCW or increase in prosecutions?

You can’t claim to have the whole story when you can only answer half the questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    If gun advocates claim crime drops when people begin to carry then why has crime been dropping in LA for some time now where there have been no changes in gun laws, CCW or increase in prosecutions?

You can’t claim to have the whole story when you can only answer half the questions.
    The same thing has been said about Chicago....but it falls on deaf ears.

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    The same thing has been said about Chicago....but it falls on deaf ears.
    If there are people that will listen and repeat what you say, there will always be people that will talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    Corny, you are totally incorrect. Dr. Gary Kleck of the University of Florida has published studies using the FBI Uniform Crime Statistics to show that crime decreases when citizen carry laws are relaxed while at the same time crime is high or increasing where citizens are not allowed to carry firearms.
    Kleck's work has been found to have serious flaws which cast doubt on his conclusions,

The only statement that can be scientifically supported is that carry laws have made little if no difference in crime and that more guns does not equal less crime.

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Cops and media did not report the incident until they were pressed to by the FREE media (not the liberal media).

Your post is smoke... the point stands: Many times the media (and govt) cover it when a firearm is used by a citizen to stop a crime.
    Nonsense.

Incidents are of a local nature and will be reported by local media. Given the limitations of time, space and interest a local story has to be spectacular to receive national coverage. In other words a story that may be of interest in Houston has no interest in Fargo.

Of course your sources of news seem to be limited to pass-along e-mails and highly partisan radio talkers so your views on media are next to worthless.

I've posted them before and they as corny said were ignored.

Chicago had a much higher violent crime rate in the 70's than any time in the past 20 years....their gun ban was introduced. In 1982.

Also Chicago's crime rate has dropped along with the rest of the countries since the 90s.
    One city... with a reputation for being the most crooked city in the nation, for well over a century... is not definitive numbers.

And BTW: Chicago is still one of the most violent cities in the nation... with guns banned for decades. Need to explain that one before you will convince anyone gun bans are the solution.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

One city... with a reputation for being the most crooked city in the nation, for well over a century... is not definitive numbers.

And BTW: Chicago is still one of the most violent cities in the nation... with guns banned for decades. Need to explain that one before you will convince anyone gun bans are the solution.
    If you look around it's a little more than just Chicago.... I never said gun bans are the solution and I don't believe it either.

What I've said over and over is that you cannot base crime statistics solely on guns...it does not work that way.

My point is that abortion laws are stupid just like you are saying gun laws are stupid.
    I want to know where you are coming from.
    Explain your position; how are abortion laws stupid?

I don't necessarily blame the people as I blame the media....the media knows and has perfected every trick on the book to misinform the public.

I'm guilty of believing some things I see or hear....we all are.
    X2...

We live in probably one of the most prolific 'mis-information' countries in the world. Endless viewpoints are available for any topic... most of them are not even documented. Why?
    Because folks to not take the time to research and think.

There is also this silly thing called common sense... what ends up happening in day to day life... and THAT is what one needs to pay attention to.

Common sense says: A criminal is afraid of what will stop him. So will laws stop a criminal... well by the nature of choosing to commit a crime... the criminal already stepped over that line.
    What stops a criminal is something they cannot deal with... either a gun or a dog... and frankly guns are cheaper.
    Crime is related to the resistance or lack of resistance to the criminal element.

Now we can debate this until the sun does not shine... however:
    If it was YOUR house and YOUR wifey and YOUR kids and YOUR service van/tools being threatened... what would YOU do? Call the cops... they will not be there until it is too late... and they have NO legal responsibility to protect you.
    The only real protection one has is what THEY can do. Just life.
    And guns are just tools for protection... nothing more and nothing less.

When we get over the emotional content of the media and the eloquent speaking (lieing) ability of the president... THEN and ONLY THEN can we get our heads screwed on and think clearly again.

Here is some common sense talk:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=aEmDdR-iVuE
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

This one of many similar cases in Texas that has recently came out. Jan 26,2013. Investigators looking for three burglary suspects who forced themselves into a Magnolia home with a mother and 6 yr old child inside. A 33 yr old mother with a pistol fired at the burgulars and thimks she hit one. They are still looking for the three. This could have saved the mother and child. This happened in Magnolia Texas in Montgomery county if you want to lookit up.

If you look around it's a little more than just Chicago.... I never said gun bans are the solution and I don't believe it either.

What I've said over and over is that you cannot base crime statistics solely on guns...it does not work that way.
    Yes, I agree. There are lots of crimes committed with other tools of violence... Like bats, 2x4's, kitchen knives, machete's, screwdrivers, fists, martial arts, gentials (rape), drugs (forcing an overdose into someone against their will)... the list goes on and on and on. And if one is honest with themselves about the facts... gun crime is not at the top of the list. Actually gun crime is very LOW on that list.

What you have still not addressed... is the REAL purpose of the 2nd amendment: To keep govt at bay. There are endless verifiable stories of history where an eloquent public speaker talked a country into registering their guns (for safety)... then collected them... And the public accepted this as good for safety. Then that same govt collected the guns and what followed was truly a dark time for that country and their citizens.

History DOES repeat itself... that is clear to any "student" (sorry, could not resist that ) of history.
    Watch the whole video to the end:
    https://www.youtube.com/embed/rrjU-H...yer_detailpage

Now it does not take even a grade school graduate to figure out: A govt that wants to take the guns (even if they do it a step at a time)... has a goal that is not friendly to the citizens.

Now for a question:

Astudent: Would you, personally, trust BHO to run this country if nobody had any guns to defend themselves? Please answer with an explanation of why. Then we can go forward with a discussion of whether govt should or should not regulate firearms.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by fliks View Post
    This one of many similar cases in Texas that has recently came out. Jan 26,2013. Investigators looking for three burglary suspects who forced themselves into a Magnolia home with a mother and 6 yr old child inside. A 33 yr old mother with a pistol fired at the burgulars and thimks she hit one. They are still looking for the three. This could have saved the mother and child. This happened in Magnolia Texas in Montgomery county if you want to lookit up.
    This happens thousands of times a day across the USA...

What is gonna stop those criminals if they KNOW the house is a gun-free zone.

Remember the video... even the folks who publicly say NO guns... will not put a 'gun-free zone' sign in their front yard. And some of them have armed guards wandering around in the street.

Seems some folks want YOU disarmed... while THEY are still protected by guns.

Ask yourself why one person is more special than you are... and when one realizes it is about power and not about safety... then you will understand what gun control is about.
    Last edited by ga-hvac-tech; 01-26-2013 at 12:40 PM.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

What is gonna stop those criminals if they KNOW the house is a gun-free zone.
    What homes in this country have been stripped of all their guns? Who is even proposing such a thing?

Page 170 of 255 FirstFirst ... 70120160163164165166167168169170171172173174175176177180220 ... LastLast