Page 17 of 267 FirstFirst ... 71011121314151617181920212223242767117 ... LastLast
Results 209 to 221 of 3470
  1. #209
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,981
    Quote Originally Posted by mcjo tech View Post
    OK whatever.

    Isn't worth arguing with you about anything anyway.

    We all know you are never wrong.

    Except when you are wrong but even then you will never admit it.
    Nanny-nanny-boo-boo to you, too.....
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  2. #210
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    25,925
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    I don't want any "requirements" at all. I am however suggesting that in order to be responsible citizens with guns, that monthly minimum shooting practices and/or training is a good way to stay responsible as gun owners.

    Gun ownership needs to remain completely voluntary. Those of us who decide to be gun owners should at least take the responsibility of being good gun owners by keeping gun safety and gun handling up to date in our minds and our active lives. Otherwise, gun owners tend to not be aware of where their guns and ammo are, or what exactly to do with them in an emergency.
    I don't WANT any more regulations on our constitutional rights, but we need to brace for it, because it IS HAPPENING whether we want it to or not.

    I'd accept some form of mandatory training rather than an idiotic AWB and more Gun Free Zones.

    Of course, given the current political climate and the players on the field blitzing the constitution, It's AWB all over again.

  3. #211
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,981
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    Im a competition shooter and I shoot once a week. I shoot USPSC on Wednesday night. rounds can be from 50 to 100 rounds depending on what stage they set up.

    so far this year I have a little over 6000 rounds down range (includes practice time)

    thats why I reload, otherwise this hobby would be far to expensive.
    So, to someone like you, the use of your firearms would be second nature. However, someone like you is less likely to ever find yourself in a position to have to defend yourself because of your heightened awareness of not being seen as a soft target and your awareness of areas and situations to avoid in the first place. All because you "practice" prevention.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  4. #212
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    25,925
    To continue my earlier point...

    It is all well and good to state that each of US are honest and responsible with our firearms. I've no doubt that we are.

    WE aren't the problem, now ARE we?

    WE aren't the ones cruising into schools and malls and theaters shooting folks at random.

    WE are the ones who ARE responsible.

    WE are the ones who take training and responsible storage seriously.

    WE are also the ones who are going to take it on the chin for the TINY minority that cannot behave themselves with firearms.

  5. #213
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    25,925
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    So, to someone like you, the use of your firearms would be second nature. However, someone like you is less likely to ever find yourself in a position to have to defend yourself because of your heightened awareness of not being seen as a soft target and your awareness of areas and situations to avoid in the first place. All because you "practice" prevention.
    Excellent point.

    Avoidance and awareness is a bigger factor, sometimes, than being armed.

  6. #214
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,981
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    I don't WANT any more regulations on our constitutional rights, but we need to brace for it, because it IS HAPPENING whether we want it to or not.

    I'd accept some form of mandatory training rather than an idiotic AWB and more Gun Free Zones.

    Of course, given the current political climate and the players on the field blitzing the constitution, It's AWB all over again.
    Agreed...on all points
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  7. #215
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Rochester, NY, USA
    Posts
    14,489
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    So, to someone like you, the use of your firearms would be second nature. However, someone like you is less likely to ever find yourself in a position to have to defend yourself because of your heightened awareness of not being seen as a soft target and your awareness of areas and situations to avoid in the first place. All because you "practice" prevention.

    Now if I can my wife to be more aware. She is getting better, but she gets to close to the car in front of her at a traffic light. I always leave at least one car length or more at traffic lights. When stopped Im constantly checking mirrors and looking around, I have no problem making eye contact with people walking pass the car/truck.

    Parking lots are a big issue, she gets focused on "her mission" and forgets to keep her head up when going to her car.

    I have been in to many "incidents" to NOT have complete situational awareness.

    if we sit down in a restaurant, I will casually ask her "where are the exits...don't look now, where are they" <big sigh> guess what her answer is. "you know where they are, don't you" I just bang my head on the table a few times
    I only drink a little, but when I do
    I turn into another person and THAT person drinks a lot

  8. #216
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    25,925
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    Now if I can my wife to be more aware. She is getting better, but she gets to close to the car in front of her at a traffic light. I always leave at least one car length or more at traffic lights. When stopped Im constantly checking mirrors and looking around, I have no problem making eye contact with people walking pass the car/truck.

    Parking lots are a big issue, she gets focused on "her mission" and forgets to keep her head up when going to her car.

    I have been in to many "incidents" to NOT have complete situational awareness.

    if we sit down in a restaurant, I will casually ask her "where are the exits...don't look now, where are they" <big sigh> guess what her answer is. "you know where they are, don't you" I just bang my head on the table a few times
    I don't think that you can train that.

    I've tried repeatedly to get my wife to think about things like this and it just isn't happening.

    She can't read a map, either.

    It's a brain-wiring thing, I guess. Maybe a head-shrinker could explain it better.

  9. #217
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Rochester, NY, USA
    Posts
    14,489
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    I don't think that you can train that.

    I've tried repeatedly to get my wife to think about things like this and it just isn't happening.

    She can't read a map, either.

    It's a brain-wiring thing, I guess. Maybe a head-shrinker could explain it better.
    Im going to agree with you.....but Im going to be real quiet about it, in case shes close by....ifyaknowwhatImean
    I only drink a little, but when I do
    I turn into another person and THAT person drinks a lot

  10. #218
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kaufman county, Texas
    Posts
    10,482
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    I don't want any "requirements" at all. I am however suggesting that in order to be responsible citizens with guns, that monthly minimum shooting practices and/or training is a good way to stay responsible as gun owners.

    Gun ownership needs to remain completely voluntary. Those of us who decide to be gun owners should at least take the responsibility of being good gun owners by keeping gun safety and gun handling up to date in our minds and our active lives. Otherwise, gun owners tend to not be aware of where their guns and ammo are, or what exactly to do with them in an emergency.
    Understood Robo, thank you for the clarification.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

    "I say we just nuke them from space, that is the only way to be sure". Winch from ALIENS, forgot her name.

    Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

    I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

    My front door is locked. For your personal protection.

  11. #219
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    8,237
    One bad apple can spoil the whole crate or barrel of apples..... sad but true.

    You guys are going to be buying those classy thumbhole stocked assault rifles again before long.... maybe some 60 round nanner clips that have a 55 round plastic blocker in it that just cant be removed..... flash hiders with strobes....to warn everyone you are fixing to take a shot...... maybe some sort of ear splitting annunciator on a pistol when the barrel is put in a horizontal position.

    "Hey good looking, well be back to pick you up later"

    Or better yet..... "Warning A firearm is in the firing position"...

    How bout a time trigger... you pull the trigger back and it then locks for 30 seconds giving you time to think about what you are fixing to do. You can release the trigger to put the weapon back into a safe position or continue holding.....real steady too.....lol...... till it fires..... which will be in about 30 seconds...give or take a few seconds.....lol
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

  12. #220
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    S.C.
    Posts
    1,412
    I'm going to ignore the Anti-Gun Junk. Why (Feel a Need to own Guns), Because It's My Constitutional Right.

    My Wife has a CWP. She carries a Kel-Tec P32. So I asked her one day, "Where's Your Gun". She opened her pocket book and pulls out the zipper case the P-32 came in and hands it to me. My comment was, "OK, Someone Has You By The Arm what are you going to do"? As Males we are just more aware. 95% of the time I always know what's going on behind me. If I sense anything unusual I'm on alert. This past year I ended up in two situations where I was concerned. Got a call at a rental house where the Condenser was 100% Gone and the caller was a White Female. Going to the call, it was a mobile home in a bad area. Doors and windows open, several Hispanics were there. The condenser is stuck in a hole beside the mobile home and a deck. As I was assessing the POS a Hispanic shows up while I'm in a small area with his hands behind his back. I immediately stood up and put my right hand in my right pocket. When he saw what I did he backed up. I never saw what he had behind him. I told him it wasn't repairable and left. It looked like a set-up.




    Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    Now if I can my wife to be more aware. She is getting better, but she gets to close to the car in front of her at a traffic light. I always leave at least one car length or more at traffic lights. When stopped Im constantly checking mirrors and looking around, I have no problem making eye contact with people walking pass the car/truck.

    Parking lots are a big issue, she gets focused on "her mission" and forgets to keep her head up when going to her car.

    I have been in to many "incidents" to NOT have complete situational awareness.

    if we sit down in a restaurant, I will casually ask her "where are the exits...don't look now, where are they" <big sigh> guess what her answer is. "you know where they are, don't you" I just bang my head on the table a few times
    Yes, I know I Shouldn't But I Just Can't Help Myself...

  13. #221
    http://www.lohud.com/article/2012122...ermit-database

    Ok forget about any psychological testing what so ever. Just let the press decide winners and losers on who will own legally and who will be targeted for the next home invasion that will put more illegal guns on the street.
    FEN

Page 17 of 267 FirstFirst ... 71011121314151617181920212223242767117 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event