Why do you feel the need to own a gun? - Page 168
Page 168 of 255 FirstFirst ... 68118158161162163164165166167168169170171172173174175178218 ... LastLast
Results 2,172 to 2,184 of 3305
  1. #2172
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    20,780
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Police didnt cover up anything about the boys with the ar-15.... the day after the incident the police chief acknowledged that they did indeed scare off a burgler... Might be more to it... Boys were the only witnesses....only evidence was some bbs....outside a broken window......

    Cops acknowledged something went on.... but they could be thinking this is another incident like the oregon mall shooter....." I pulled my gun and the guy then just shot himself.....yet nobody...not even the girl who was standing beside me will back me up on that......"

    Yep... bloggers are not documentable facts.....especially when the news station they work for has the police doing exactly the opposite of what the blogger says they did....or didnt do..... and the bloggers timeline is different from both the police and his own news stations timeline...plus it doesnt quite jibe with what the boys themselves said........lol

    I said documentable.....not certifiable........

    BTW... I do work for a living... I might not be an hvac car trunker or a techician with a weekly sales plan of so many contactors, capacitors, thermostats and unit change outs per week..... but i do make a decent living.

    I do spend most of my time at a laptop....and can actually do a lot of my work from home....but chose not to because it is too distracting... but there is nothing dishonest or lazy about that..

    GA... I get to the customers sometimes two or more hours early and study their system....and thats on my own time.... sometimes stay late too...looking at control panels...studying how things at the customers are set up....on my own time....

    MY GOD..... The work I do at home..... graphics, programming....looking at customers system over the vpn to make sure things are hopping along ok.... no pay for that either....

    Id lose money as a two bit car trunker..couldnt make it as a sales plan techician either... plus I dont know how well my mind would handle the guilt....
    Cops and media did not report the incident until they were pressed to by the FREE media (not the liberal media).

    Your post is smoke... the point stands: Many times the media (and govt) cover it when a firearm is used by a citizen to stop a crime.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  2. #2173
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,268
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkahuna View Post

    Yes. I am. And your point is?
    My point is that abortion laws are stupid just like you are saying gun laws are stupid.

  3. #2174
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,268
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post

    I don't get your point.
    My point is that abortion laws are stupid just like you say gun laws are.

  4. #2175
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    20,780
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    Wolfstrike posted this in another thread. Too good to let it go to waste so I copied it and am pasting it here. He is exactly spot on!


    wolfstrike
    View Profile View Forum Posts Add as Contact View Forum Threads

    Professional Member Join Dateec 2005
    Location:California/Nevada
    Posts:3,268Gun control didn't start with guns
    disarming of the public has been going on though out the ages, long before there were guns.

    kings of nations arm the public to go fight their war, then win or lose, they make sure they get those arms back.
    why?
    ...was it because of school sword-ings?
    they made no secret of it.
    the king didn't want to wake up one day and find the public had judged him, and he wasn't going to be the king anymore.
    they locked themselves in castles to protect themselves from the enemy, from the public, and to keep control of the region.

    most of the time owning professional weapons was illegal unless the king said so.

    when the founders of the United States Of America created the nation, they wanted the old ways gone forever.
    the government was to have no standing military power.
    the founders felt the public could not be oppressed if they kept their own arms.


    here we are in the modern age where they tell us we're the smartest people in the world, and the truth is, the public is bombarded with lies, BS, and propaganda,
    ...and can't tell the difference between up, down, left ,right, sky or water.

    the people who run our government don't give a crap about school children, accidental deaths, or anyone else who drops dead.
    you're a fool if you think they do.
    Spot on Wolf/Hugh...

    I am gonna borrow that for a few other forums.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  5. #2176
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Rochester, NY, USA
    Posts
    14,156
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Barbar... Hugh... doesnt know what he is talking about.... crime has been decreasing in america over the last couple of decades.... Someone like hugh will tout the fact that crime goes down where guns are able to be carried....but when you point out that crime has also gone down in places where guns are forbidden to everyone but the criminals.... they refuse to hear it.
    thats true, Crime has been decreasing, at the same time the number of hand guns in society has gone up. however crime goes down MUCH faster when CCW laws are passed.

    The opposite is true also. when guns are removed from society, crime sky rockets. England and Australia are classic examples.
    BEING AN ADULT

    is the dumbest thing I have ever done

  6. #2177
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,268
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post

    thats true, Crime has been decreasing, at the same time the number of hand guns in society has gone up. however crime goes down MUCH faster when CCW laws are passed.

    The opposite is true also. when guns are removed from society, crime sky rockets. England and Australia are classic examples.
    I don't think you can say this is true in every situation.

    Also you failed to comment on the main point corny was trying to make.

  7. #2178
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    20,780
    Quote Originally Posted by barbar View Post
    Where do crims get their guns?
    Either there is a massive imported black market or from irresponsible gun owners. So unless you regulate the gun owners to make them responsible, then all that will increase is more guns for the crims. chicken and egg!
    This argument holds less water than a funnel.

    Specific drugs have been illegal in all 50 states for many decades... yet their importation and use are on the RISE. Seems making drugs illegal did NOT lower their availability.

    And to answer your question: YES, there is a HUGE black (illegal) market of firearms in the USA. Always has been and always will be.
    It is called supply and demand: If folks want to buy it... other folks will provide it if they can make a profit.

    Care to try again with something that is provable?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  8. #2179
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    20,780
    Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    My point is that abortion laws are stupid just like you are saying gun laws are stupid.
    On this you and I agree!

    IMO abortion laws are a smoke-screen to keep folks from watching polecats as closely as we should.

    It is also easy to literally 'bait' someone to vote one way or another by waving the abortion card.

    A wise polecat would avoid the issue... NO exceptions.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  9. #2180
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    20,780
    Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    I don't think you can say this is true in every situation.

    Also you failed to comment on the main point corny was trying to make.
    Crime goes down here CCW permits go up... and crime goes up where CCW permits go down.

    Anyone... show me specific and verifiable numbers that argue with what I just typed above... PLEASE. We really need to end this argument once and for all.
    BTW: If anyone wants to post specific and verifiable numbers which agree... please do so also.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  10. #2181
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Battle Creek MI
    Posts
    5
    Got one, never giving it up and will have more- legal or not. Government is the problem and needs to be turned inside out.

  11. #2182
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,268
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post

    Crime goes down here CCW permits go up... and crime goes up where CCW permits go down.

    Anyone... show me specific and verifiable numbers that argue with what I just typed above... PLEASE. We really need to end this argument once and for all.
    BTW: If anyone wants to post specific and verifiable numbers which agree... please do so also.
    I've posted them before and they as corny said were ignored.

    Chicago had a much higher violent crime rate in the 70's than any time in the past 20 years....their gun ban was introduced. In 1982.

    Also Chicago's crime rate has dropped along with the rest of the countries since the 90s.

  12. #2183
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,297
    Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    My point is that abortion laws are stupid just like you say gun laws are.
    Please inform me where I ever in any thread or post anywhere said gun laws are stupid. In fact, I am in favor of gun laws. I believe certain laws regarding firarms are essential!

    Do you actually read my posts or those of others here before you post your drivel? Or, do you just post what you want to believe what others think?

  13. #2184
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,268
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post

    Please inform me where I ever in any thread or post anywhere said gun laws are stupid. In fact, I am in favor of gun laws. I believe certain laws regarding firarms are essential!

    Do you actually read my posts or those of others here before you post your drivel? Or, do you just post what you want to believe what others think?
    Good point....I probably did what I get upset at others for, and assumed you were that type. It's easy to do after 200 pages of crazy talk.

Page 168 of 255 FirstFirst ... 68118158161162163164165166167168169170171172173174175178218 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event