Page 165 of 255 FirstFirst ... 65115155158159160161162163164165166167168169170171172175215 ... LastLast
Results 2,133 to 2,145 of 3305
    Quote Originally Posted by ControlsInMT View Post
    It wouldn't do any good. Either they can't read, don't comprehend what they read, or don't want to face the facts.

Funny that some have such a great fear of CCW, but apparently have no fear of criminals....Hmmm.....
    generally there is two things criminals fear, Law abiding citizens and DOGS. Either one will ruin there day (or night, whatever the case maybe)
    The Last four letters

American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions

It wouldn't do any good. Either they can't read, don't comprehend what they read, or don't want to face the facts.

Funny that some have such a great fear of CCW, but apparently have no fear of criminals....Hmmm.....
    It soon becomes obvious within just a few posts that some here have totally closed minds to even considering the evidence. When presented with actual numbers they automatically attack the source regardless of the facts.

On another note, have they actually faced a loaded firarm pointed at them in anger? I have several times. It is an experience that really makes you consider or reconsider your Second Amendment right to own and carry a firearm. Any congressman or congresswoman who thinks they are going to disarm me (the law abiding) to solve a precieved crime problem has no idea what they are taking about nor any idea of what political kickback they are going to face.

I will disobey any federal firearms laws that I personally decide are unconstitutional. I am not alone by any measure. I can also say that when any of you are actually faced off with someone else with a gun you WILL want one of your own. That is a FACT! When you actually find yourself in such a situtation you will change your mind faster than any pro-gun argument any of us could post here.

Of Gun Laws And Fools

Pretty well stated article at this link

http://www.thedailybeast.com/newswee...vid-mamet.html

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    I could post a lot of statistics on Felons/Parolees and the Law abiding citizen. It is suffice to say, Felons are scared to death of the Law abiding citizen, cops have to go by certain rules, citizens have a little more leeway
    And this is EXACTLY as it should be. A criminal, by definition, is someone that does not respect nor play by the rule of law.

I suspect if the question were advanced to the next level: Specifically....
    As a criminal, are you more afraid of a citizen, or an armed citizen... the answer is obvious.

The armed citizen has the ability to send the criminal to meet Jesus... the cop has endless rules to abide under if he wants to keep his job and freedom.

I kinda wish you would post some stats Jmac... just for the posted record on the forum... Nothing like having the facts on record in front of folks who do not want to see them.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Washington Times Report on gun laws and crime

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...e-to-gun-laws/

OK... this is kinda extreme... however:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=iaWyPsD5eEA

If our govt thinks they are exempt from the rule of law under the Constitution... then who does protect the citizens?

GA's opinion: This statement by Atty general and FBI head and POTUS... are mostly smoke... However what would you do if this actually happened? Think about it... who polices the govt?

GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    And this is EXACTLY as it should be. A criminal, by definition, is someone that does not respect nor play by the rule of law.

I suspect if the question were advanced to the next level: Specifically....
    As a criminal, are you more afraid of a citizen, or an armed citizen... the answer is obvious.

The armed citizen has the ability to send the criminal to meet Jesus... the cop has endless rules to abide under if he wants to keep his job and freedom.

Regarding the criminals.....

You realize of course as soon as they make laws which make most gun owners felons, they will be able to say "look at all the criminals our new laws caught, see our laws worked!" The Brady bunch, Fienstein, Holder and Boxer types are not beyond that at all.

IMO because the only contact they have with crime and criminals is on TV and the silver screen...

Nothing like being robbed at gunpoint (been there)... It changes one's viewpoint in a way no amount of reading, lectures, training, etc will ever do.
    That helpless feeling of one's life being on a string... and this crazy idiot in front of me (who is wide eyed crazy and does not care) is all that is between me and certain physical death.
    This fear strikes a place deep in the gut of a person... and stirs a resolve to NEVER be in that place again. Call it survival instinct or whatever you choose... it changes a person.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post

Nothing like being robbed at gunpoint (been there)…
    For a moment replay that incident in your mind. If you were carrying back then would it have changed the outcome or fear you experienced?

Speaking of gun laws and fools.....aren't many of you calling the anti gun movement fools....but yet support laws making abortion illegal?

Just as a gun is used as a tool of intimidation by CCW holders in a situation the same can be said about a criminal’s use of handguns. That guy who robbed you Ga did not fire the gun nor would I assume he wanted to fire it. So to better describe the criminal’s use of guns, they do not fire bullets when using a gun 99% of the time either. Should we give them the same credit for that as we give to CCW holders?

IOW maybe it is nature of the use of a gun not to fire it and no credit should be given to the CCW holder for not firing them.

Hugh,
    I would really appreciate a response from you about what percentage of cops think CCW would lower our crime rate, that they would feel just a safe doing their jobs with a ten-fold increase in CCW and why they do not publicly encourage CCW?

And guys, please don’t respond to this until Hugh does.

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    Speaking of gun laws and fools.....aren't many of you calling the anti gun movement fools....but yet support laws making abortion illegal?
    Yes. I am. And your point is?

Page 165 of 255 FirstFirst ... 65115155158159160161162163164165166167168169170171172175215 ... LastLast