Page 164 of 255 FirstFirst ... 64114154157158159160161162163164165166167168169170171174214 ... LastLast
Results 2,120 to 2,132 of 3314
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    If this is so abundantly clear to police officers across the nation (since these stats are publicly shared between precincts) why aren’t police in general publicly supporting CCW laws across the nation right now through the media? Do cops want high crime for job security or do they want low crime as they espouse?
    The main reason is, their union won't let them speak publicly on issues like that.
    Privately, is another matter. Just like the "regular" population, some are for it, some are against it. Pretty simple really.

Rabble militia and ccw carriers....if they would actually step up and try to stop a crime....would probably do more damage than the criminals or the army they were trying to stop.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

I have a lot of respect for cops and the training they must undergo but I have to ask; how can we trust that a CCW Holder will act in accordance to his skill level when coming upon the situation I described? They have no formal training like you described and little to no experience that is even close to an officer’s. Do we just give these guys guns and hope they act professionally?

Of course J can answer the question properly because he had time to think about it and doesn’t have ounces of adrenaline squirting into his bloodstream. But what about the yahoo (assuming J is not one) that carries a gun because he wants to save the world.
    What you do not realize Brian... Is many (in my area VERY MANY) CCW folks have training... at their own expense. Instead of going skiing or to Mexico... we take our safety and the safety of our friends/families seriously... we know the govt will not protect us... so we protect ourselves.
    Now to make a sweeping statement like 'all CCW folks are not trained'... well one raises question to the understanding and credibility of the one making the statement.

IMO you really need to get yourself a handgun, a permit, some training, LOTS of practice, and hang out with the CCW crowd for a year or so... you would learn many things us permit holders on this forum know... And perhaps you would get an education leading to understanding the real purpose of the second amendment... it is something that has to be personally understood, not just intellectually seen.
    And in the process you would loose the fear your posts suggest you have (part of situation awareness training is to learn to read surroundings and people... IMO you need some help in this are).

Until you do learn... you are indeed being manipulated and used as a puppet mouthpiece by the polecats who care nothing for your safety... they are just drunk with lust for power. Here is how it will go down:
    *They will say all they want are assualt weapons and big magazines... while in private they re-define assualt weapon to include ever more and more categories of firearms.
    *Then in a few years they will say; Oh, we need to take this category away also... it is not needed.
    *Then they will say; Oh, we need to carefully register and ID stamp all guns...
    *Then they will say; Oh, we should tax all guns... after all... we need to pay down the debt (without curbing spending)...
    *Then in a few more years, they will say; Oh, we need to take all but this category of guns... they are not needed.
    *All the while the polecats, non-elected govt officials, news celebrities, corp managers, rock stars, TV stars, and anyone else who is 'important' (read that gives enough $$$ to the right polecat) gets own all the guns they want... along with having body-guards armed with military style weapons (fully automatic).
    *Then like Britian and Australia... they will collect ALL the guns... and like those two countries... crime will go UP (both crime by criminals and crimes by govt).
    And the govt will give lip service to protecting the public... but they will not. Witness when the riots happened in England last year... the cops ran and hid. Some good the govt did for them.

Oh, while we are talking about govt protection and provision... Seems the folks who lost their homes in the mega storm Sandy are still waiting on the govt assistance we are promised year after year.
    Seems the govt is good at making promises... yet not so good at keeping them.
    IMO a smart person would learn from this... Or they would not listen and become a victim of trusting the govt.

The time to stop this stupidity (trusting the govt to take care of you) is not when they come for the last of your freedoms (guns, homes, personal property, control over your health care, or your guns)... it is BEFORE any freedom is questioned.

All we have to do is PUNISH criminals... and this gun issue will be moot.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Doesn't the NRA promote the right to carry in all 50 states? If so, that is in essence increasing the number of people that carry many fold.
    Make sure you make the distinction between promoting carry itself and promoting having the choice. The NRA rightly teaches in their classes that not just anyone should be carrying a firearm. It is an individual choice and a great deal of personal responsibility. This is a very serious decision not to be taken lightly. I have family and friends who have their CCW permit but whom I do not encourage to carry.

If this is so abundantly clear to police officers across the nation (since these stats are publicly shared between precincts) why aren’t police in general publicly supporting CCW laws across the nation right now through the media? Do cops want high crime for job security or do they want low crime as they espouse?
    Because they kiss the hand that feeds them.... the polecats write their paychecks.

DUUUUHHHHH
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Doesn't the NRA promote the right to carry in all 50 states? If so, that is in essence increasing the number of people that carry many fold.
    Read JUST the highlited words...

This is supporting the 2nd amendment.

And what difference does it make how many LAW ABIDING and RESPONSIBLE citizens carry a gun?

Brian, you are still believing the lies the media tells. Really need to think for yourself guy.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    In fact, most of the time when a CCW holder shows a weapon the bad guy shoots himself or gives up.

yea right.....lol

what blog did you get that off of......
    I have a couple of calls to run...

This evening I plan to make some popcorn and watch Jmac take apart your silly logic with documentable facts.

Corny... you are removing all doubt as to your goals in posting.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Rabble militia and ccw carriers....if they would actually step up and try to stop a crime....would probably do more damage than the criminals or the army they were trying to stop.
    But that is not what actually happens. Open carry has been legal in my state since we gained statehood. Concealed carry with a permit has been around almost as long. We have not had all of these so called CCW carrier problems you claim ought to exist. But we have had many CCW carriers stop or prevent a crime just by pulling their firearm. Very few CCW carriers had to fire a shot in the process and in no circumstance were bystanders shot or killed.

I have a lot of respect for cops and the training they must undergo but I have to ask; how can we trust that a CCW Holder will act in accordance to his skill level when coming upon the situation I described? They have no formal training like you described and little to no experience that is even close to an officer’s. Do we just give these guys guns and hope they act professionally?

Of course J can answer the question properly because he had time to think about it and doesn’t have ounces of adrenaline squirting into his bloodstream. But what about the yahoo (assuming J is not one) that carries a gun because he wants to save the world.

WRONG!!! BTDT , it worked out just fine. It was a robbery ----->at a bank, no less.
    The Last four letters

American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    But that is not what actually happens. Open carry has been legal in my state since we gained statehood. Concealed carry with a permit has been around almost as long. We have not had all of these so called CCW carrier problems you claim ought to exist. But we have had many CCW carriers stop or prevent a crime just by pulling their firearm. Very few CCW carriers had to fire a shot in the process and in no circumstance were bystanders shot or killed.
    No you have not Hugh.... if you did have ccw carriers out here stopping crime....there would be news stories.

Its funny that a cop cant stop a shooter by merely drawing his weapon..... and the criminal knows he is in deep **** when someone with a license to kill is aiming at him...... but magically a ccw civilian can draw a gun and the perp flees....

You better have some good documentation to back that up..... like some police reports.... police reports that can be viewed online...from the issuing police departments source.....lol

Thought I would do a GA and raise the goal post a little.....
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

No you have not Hugh.... if you did have ccw carriers out here stopping crime....there would be news stories.

Its funny that a cop cant stop a shooter by merely drawing his weapon..... and the criminal knows he is in deep **** when someone with a license to kill is aiming at him...... but magically a ccw civilian can draw a gun and the perp flees....

You better have some good documentation to back that up..... like some police reports.... police reports that can be viewed online...from the issuing police departments source.....lol

Thought I would do a GA and raise the goal post a little.....
    I will meet your bar and raise you one:

http://www.wham1180.com/pages/boblon...#ixzz2IvqVC5EK

So NO... the media does not report it when a private citizen stops a crime with a firearm... Quite the contrary... they HIDE it when it fits the political agenda of the media or their pet polecat.
    And do not say... Oh, that was not a CCW permit holder... that is irrelevant. What IS relevant is a citizen stopped a crime with a firearm.

Now consider this: You (Corny) are a criminal caught in the act of committing a crime... Would you be more afraid of a private citizen, trained, and pointing a gun at you... or a Cop?

I will leave it to Jmac to post some documentable statistics... he has better references than I do. I am SURE the facts will speak for themselves; and speak LOUDLY.

Side note: In Cobb county (NW side of Metro area... The usual 100 or so folks who attend a county sponsored gun class... well it was over 800 last week.
    Seems to me the public has spoken... and LOUDLY! They do NOT want to naively trust the cops, they want to protect themselves.

Now it is time to do like you SHOULD corny... go out and earn an honest living.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    I will meet your bar and raise you one:

http://www.wham1180.com/pages/boblon...#ixzz2IvqVC5EK

So NO... the media does not report it when a private citizen stops a crime with a firearm... Quite the contrary... they HIDE it when it fits the political agenda of the media or their pet polecat.
    And do not say... Oh, that was not a CCW permit holder... that is irrelevant. What IS relevant is a citizen stopped a crime with a firearm.

Now consider this: You (Corny) are a criminal caught in the act of committing a crime... Would you be more afraid of a private citizen, trained, and pointing a gun at you... or a Cop?

I will leave it to Jmac to post some documentable statistics... he has better references than I do. I am SURE the facts will speak for themselves; and speak LOUDLY.
    Side note: In Cobb county (NW side of Metro area... The usual 100 or so folks who attend a county sponsored gun class... well it was over 800 last week.
    Seems to me the public has spoken... and LOUDLY! They do NOT want to naively trust the cops, they want to protect themselves.

Now it is time to do like you SHOULD corny... go out and earn an honest living.
    I could post a lot of statistics on Felons/Parolees and the Law abiding citizen. It is suffice to say, Felons are scared to death of the Law abiding citizen, cops have to go by certain rules, citizens have a little more leeway
    The Last four letters

American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    I could post a lot of statistics on Felons/Parolees and the Law abiding citizen. It is suffice to say, Felons are scared to death of the Law abiding citizen, cops have to go by certain rules, citizens have a little more leeway

It wouldn't do any good. Either they can't read, don't comprehend what they read, or don't want to face the facts.

Funny that some have such a great fear of CCW, but apparently have no fear of criminals....Hmmm.....
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

Page 164 of 255 FirstFirst ... 64114154157158159160161162163164165166167168169170171174214 ... LastLast