Page 162 of 255 FirstFirst ... 62112152155156157158159160161162163164165166167168169172212 ... LastLast
Results 2,094 to 2,106 of 3305
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Just curious.... but did you get moderated or something......lol

anyhow...

Folks like GA and Hugh are pretty much cut from the same cloth.... and so are most of these other 2nd amendment guys......

But I believe GAs post above really sums up these patriots true nature......

"A BIG clue will happen if BHO and the DEMS get the guns. If they do... well find a way over the border with your cash. If they do not... well it will be that line in the sand of hope all will see."

What the above says to me is..... When the SHTF the 2nd amendment patriot gets going....going as fast as they can away from the battle.....

"Lets get our money and head for canada or mexico where we can regroup and wage our internet forum battle against our oppressive government from another country"

"They will pry my gun from my cold dead hands.... that is if I have a heart attack or something and die while holding a gun.... otherwise...when they come for them I will just hand them over like a good little sheeple"

"I am a true blue american patriot and I am willing to say anything over the internet"
    Hmmm...

Seems to me Corny was against guns a while back... now he is for guns...

Anything to play the opposite side.

GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by kls-ccc View Post
    Found this on Facebook and thought it was a good comparison.
    Very poor comparison.
    Should read: "Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to buy alcohol."
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten". --Benjamin Franklin
    "Don't argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". --Mark Twain
    http://www.campbellmechanical.com

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    Ok, we need to protect NObama at all costs, if something bad happens to him....this freaking idiot will take over. Then you can kiss America good by.

so basically, he doesn't give a rats butt what the law says, "He feels" they aren't necessary regardless of the fact that law abiding citizens don't go around killing people wholesale
    Polecats are all the same... they will use ANY means to advance their agenda... and most of the time their agenda is at the citizens expense.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    Here is a scenario for you highly trained and trusted CCW guys that insist on being able to take any life around you with a flick of a finger.

It’s late at night and you are walking down the street. You approach an ally and see a guy holding a gun on another person apparently robbing him. You take cover behind a wall, draw your weapon and aim it at the gunman.

At this moment you have to make the judgment call whether the gunman has intensions of shooting the victim or whether the gunman is just using his gun to get the victim to comply. I think I know what a policeman would do at that moment but what would you highly trained, superior to policeman guys do?
    seriously, your not all that smart are you. First: How do you know this is a robbery??? How do you know the guy holding the gun is NOT an undercover cop holding a drug dealer? how do you know, the guy holding the gun was not, initially the victim and he wrestled the gun away from the bad guy which he is now holding for police

here is what I WOULD DO. move to cover, draw my cell phone and call 911. MY ONLY DUTY AT THIS POINT IS TO BE A GOOD WITNESS. AFTER, I have police on the phone and tell them whats happening, I say "I am a licensed CCW holder and I have my gun, I waring a (describe yourself to the dispatcher) I have eyes on a guy/girl with a gun, he/she is waring (describe the bad guy to the dispatcher) I will hold my ground but request further instructions......then do whatever the dispatcher says. if the cops show up while your standing there, HOLSTER YOUR GUN IMMEDIATELY AND PUT YOUR HANDS UP. (that way you don't get shot by accident) then do whatever the cop tells you do.

Jesus, you keep making up stupid scenarios to try and trap one of us Law abiding citizens, it ain't going to work. But nice try
    The Last four letters

American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions

Quote Originally Posted by kls-ccc View Post
    Found this on Facebook and thought it was a good comparison.
    well you just described Feinstink in all her stupid glory, nice one
    The Last four letters

American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions

Quote Originally Posted by air1 View Post
    Very poor comparison.
    Should read: "Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to buy alcohol."
    What's the diff? You can't drive drunk without a car or alcohol. The point is, that you so conveniently missed, that the responsible people are being punished to stop those that don't care.

What would be funny is if some kid in the army gets his orders to go grab some guns......and he ends up back in his own neighborhood...at his own parents house..... and his daddy refuses to hand over his guns.......and his son has to end up cracking open his own daddys noggin with a rifle butt.... but not an M-16 rifle butt...... you whack someone in the head with the butt of an m-16 and you are probably going to render it useless..... I suppose they could issue shotguns......or possibly m1s or m2s.... or m1as to use as head butting weapons......

Butt anyhow.....lol

that would be funny.....

"Daddy, Im here for our family guns....hand them over now or we will raze the house and just cart the whole thing to the smelters."
    Sorry, I fail to see the humor in killing for the sake of killing; obviously you do not understand the difference between killing and self defense... I also think it is beyond warped thinking to laugh at a kid threatening his family...Corny; the govt needs to add you to the mentally unhealthy list for that comment.
    This moral decay exhibited by the post above is a BIG part of what is destroying our country.

Corny, I expect an apology for that heinous comment... anyone else agree?

BTW: something similar happened in the Chinese revolution decades back. Children literally execute their parents... or had you forgotten.

I do not think most American soldiers would/will do this... however foreign troops would... ESPECIALLY if they were pumped up for years on the evils of America (like radical Muslims are).
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by air1 View Post
    Very poor comparison.
    No, the comparison is accurate.

Think about it.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

seriously, your not all that smart are you. First: How do you know this is a robbery??? How do you know the guy holding the gun is NOT an undercover cop holding a drug dealer? how do you know, the guy holding the gun was not, initially the victim and he wrestled the gun away from the bad guy which he is now holding for police

here is what I WOULD DO. move to cover, draw my cell phone and call 911. MY ONLY DUTY AT THIS POINT IS TO BE A GOOD WITNESS. AFTER, I have police on the phone and tell them whats happening, I say "I am a licensed CCW holder and I have my gun, I waring a (describe yourself to the dispatcher) I have eyes on a guy/girl with a gun, he/she is waring (describe the bad guy to the dispatcher) I will hold my ground but request further instructions......then do whatever the dispatcher says. if the cops show up while your standing there, HOLSTER YOUR GUN IMMEDIATELY AND PUT YOUR HANDS UP. (that way you don't get shot by accident) then do whatever the cop tells you do.

Jesus, you keep making up stupid scenarios to try and trap one of us Law abiding citizens, it ain't going to work. But nice try
    His head is in a TV show or a machoman movie...

Guy needs some REAL WORLD EXPERIENCE.... to learn.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    Here is a scenario for you highly trained and trusted CCW guys that insist on being able to take any life around you with a flick of a finger.

It’s late at night and you are walking down the street. You approach an ally and see a guy holding a gun on another person apparently robbing him. You take cover behind a wall, draw your weapon and aim it at the gunman.

At this moment you have to make the judgment call whether the gunman has intensions of shooting the victim or whether the gunman is just using his gun to get the victim to comply. I think I know what a policeman would do at that moment but what would you highly trained, superior to policeman guys do?
    Brian, I am a former reserve deputy sheriff for a large county. I attended and graduated from the police academy and became a POST certified officer. Served for several years after certfying.

Response training included going thru a training series called "Shoot Don't Shoot". An amazing interactive computer driven shooting decision making series. We faced a white wall where a situtation was projected on the wall with people in buildings, alleyways, car stops, you name it. We had our holstered sidearms and a large class of students sitting behind us. Senior instructor officers lined the classroom walls. Speakers provided sound as necessary including screams, children crying, whatever....

When presented with an action situtation we yelled orders, made demands (to the people on the screen) and made life-death decisions including firing our weapons according to our determination. Not all situtations required firing. Sometimes the innocent were shot. We went through dozens of these. After each one we spent at least an hour discussing what we did right, did wrong and listened to senior instructors give advice.

Our pulse rates soared, breathing quickened and I even lost sleep as we all experienced these situtations. About as real as one can get without going thru the real thing. Boy!!! This was a valueable series for most of us and I continue to rewind some of those lessons in my mind almost daily. When I carry a gun (a lot of the time) I am very aware of the possibilities and the responsibility. This is not a computer game and neither was our computer training.

Back to your example. Just as J pointed out to you, every situtation is highly variable and has lots of small differences that add up to each situtation being what we call an "On View" decision. That is very important. That is why you really can't judge another officer or shooter as to if it was a good shooting or bad shooting very easily. Each shooting is highly individual.

Granted, not everyone is the type to willingly enter one of these situtations. Not everyone is capable of making good decisions under difficult circumstances. However, one can learn how to best evaluate and act given the limited time and information. Mistakes will be made.

Most CCW carriers will not choose to actively involve themselves. Most will limit themselves to refusing to be a victim without taking offensive action against a shooter. However, some of us have the background, willingness and ability to do what a cop would do. Keep in mind (and I work with lots of cops) many cops will not actively engage an active shooter. We are all individuals and make our own decisions for each "On View" situtation we face.

I would add two more thing... holster your gun in a place out of sight AND back away from the situation... as the cops are arriving (do this in a non-conspicuous manor)...to avoid drawing attention to yourself. Better for them to not perceive you and/or your holstered gun as a 'threat'...
    There is always that one cop who reacts first and asks questions later... and they are always right... even when they are wrong.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Im not against gun ownership.... I just think that something needs to be done to stop all this killing.... and as americans are not going to take the time to demand that government get tougher on crime....or start killing these madmen instead of just running them thru the revolving door that our penal system is.... then getting guns off the street is our only option.

I also get sick of the 2nd amendment argument being thrown out there that we need guns to protect ourselves against a tyrannical government...... I mean seriously........ do you know how silly that is in this day and time.

This country is coming together in a big way to protect their rights to own a gun and to be able to gun down kids carrying soda and candy..... why the hell dont people come together like this and demand that child abusers be sentanced to life....that violent criminals be executed.......... that we actually do something about crime.......

I will bet money that these gun and mag bans laws will all fail....and when they do the argument will be over...... people will have their guns...... and all this gun owner talk about finding alternative ways to prevent guns from getting into the hands of people who clearly shouldnt have them will be over. The school safety issue will also fade too.... mark my words...

This will be because the gun owners will have gotten what they wanted....and they will just say....to hell with crime and the safety of school kids....... Ive got my gun back....I dont care what happens to the kid down the street or the old lady at the atm....or the gang bangers shooting thru the windows of some house in the hood...missing their target but killing a couple of kids.

Selfishness..... its a sin...and thats what these 2nd amendment folks are..... just selfish people whos only concern is their right to own a gun....... its not the safety of others..... its not the safety of this country...... its.. "I like guns and I want to be able to own any gun I like".....
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Dont we as americans have a RIGHT to walk down the street or visit the shops without having to worry about some yahoo cowboy with a pencil **** shooting us over loud music or something that merely offends him..... or for walking or being somewhere where in someones personal opinion they dont believe we should be ???

Dont we americans deserve to be able to be out in public without some fool whipping out a gun and shooting.......but then to amplify the danger....we have to worry about some jerk whipping out his piece and either spraying bullets everywhere cause he is scared excrementless himself.....and has buck fever....... or he decides to be a "hero" and runs from the scene while holding his gun around his side and firing blindly behind him....possibly hurting more innocent people.

Why dont you second amendment boys get onto your congressmen about doing something about crime. I dont care if you arm everyone in america..... unless we start punishing or eliminating criminals in america......the crime problems are always going to be there.....and as long as anyone can just sashay....hope I spelled that right....not going to look it up...spell checker has not underlined it ....yet.... anyhow.... and as long as anyone can just walk into a gun store and buy a gun and ammo and then go out and kill some kids... even if they are a raving lunatic...... we are still going to have a problem.

Armed citizens roaming the streets have no effect on crime.... and they never will. Home defense....maybe.... but out on the street... if you do get someone to whip it out in defense of others....he is most likely going to end up creating a bigger problem and probably more deaths than the maniac he seeks to stop.

So who are the criminals Corny?

The gang members who push drugs...
    The teens who steal your cell phone...
    The perps who are on welfare and run a theft ring on the side...

OR

The govt of the great state of Tennessee (where YOU live)... who rip off every person who drives through the state.

Now answer me this: Are you more afraid of the first 3 examples... or the last one.

The second amendment was written to give citizens the right to defend themselves from ALL FOUR examples.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Page 162 of 255 FirstFirst ... 62112152155156157158159160161162163164165166167168169172212 ... LastLast