Why do you feel the need to own a gun? - Page 161
Page 161 of 255 FirstFirst ... 61111151154155156157158159160161162163164165166167168171211 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,093 of 3305
    Feinsteins comments on her proposed AWB:

This is a tough battle,” she said. “Our weak gun laws allow these mass killings to be carried out again, [and] again and again. Massacres have taken place in businesses, law practices, malls, movie theaters and especially schools. These massacres don't seem to stop.”

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/fei...#ixzz2J00Q0HoX
    Urgent: Should Obamacare Be Repealed? Vote Here Now!
    {emphases added by me}

this country has 10,000 pages, with 27,000 gun laws on the books. Is one more gun law really going to help?

Sen. Max Baucus (D) has the right approach,
    the nation must look at how existing laws can be strengthened before Congress tackles more stringent ones.

“Recent tragedies have shaken all of us, and everyone wants to do their part to protect our children and communities from violence of all kinds,” he told US News & World Report. “Enforcing the laws we already have on the books is good first step — and it's clear more needs to be done to address access to mental-health care.{emphases added}

“Before passing new laws, we need a thoughtful debate that respects responsible, law-abiding gun owners — instead of a one-size-fits-all directive from Washington.
    It was reported recently, in NYC 40% of all gun related arrests are not prosecuted. The first thing plea bargained out of any violent criminal arrest is the gun charge. Now why would a Gun Free zone like NYC have so many gun related arrests?

“Newtown made a difference,’’ said Democratic New York Rep. Carolyn McCarthy, co-sponsor of the Feinstein bill in the House, who attended the news conference. Her husband was killed and son was wounded by a gunman on a Long Island train in 1993.

“People of America said: ‘How could this happen? How could this happen to our children?’”
    {emphases added}

well thats easy, stop making Mental heath a derogatory term. Mental health has taken a backseat to most other health issues. By making depression and mania a "evil" illness fewer people will seek help, especially if those individuals think they will end up on a government list.

Every single mass shooting was by a deranged individual using mind altering drugs. We MUST stop using the judiciary and penal system as a substitute for mental health care.
    BEING AN ADULT

is the dumbest thing I have ever done

Dont we as americans have a RIGHT to walk down the street or visit the shops without having to worry about some yahoo cowboy with a pencil **** shooting us over loud music or something that merely offends him..... or for walking or being somewhere where in someones personal opinion they dont believe we should be ???

Dont we americans deserve to be able to be out in public without some fool whipping out a gun and shooting.......but then to amplify the danger....we have to worry about some jerk whipping out his piece and either spraying bullets everywhere cause he is scared excrementless himself.....and has buck fever....... or he decides to be a "hero" and runs from the scene while holding his gun around his side and firing blindly behind him....possibly hurting more innocent people.

Why dont you second amendment boys get onto your congressmen about doing something about crime. I dont care if you arm everyone in america..... unless we start punishing or eliminating criminals in america......the crime problems are always going to be there.....and as long as anyone can just sashay....hope I spelled that right....not going to look it up...spell checker has not underlined it ....yet.... anyhow.... and as long as anyone can just walk into a gun store and buy a gun and ammo and then go out and kill some kids... even if they are a raving lunatic...... we are still going to have a problem.

Armed citizens roaming the streets have no effect on crime.... and they never will. Home defense....maybe.... but out on the street... if you do get someone to whip it out in defense of others....he is most likely going to end up creating a bigger problem and probably more deaths than the maniac he seeks to stop.
    "Maybe I am a welfares queen"

Cliven Bundy.... Patriot ???

He actually said that

Ok, we need to protect NObama at all costs, if something bad happens to him....this freaking idiot will take over. Then you can kiss America good by.

In his campaign to reach out to the pro-gun community, Vice President Joe Biden reached out to the most extreme: doomsday preppers.

In an online Google+ discussion on gun violence, a blogger asked Biden how the rights of those who prepare for extreme emergencies aren’t being trampled on with his gun safety legislation. The vice president responded that shotguns would be the weapon of choice.

“Guess what? A shotgun will keep you a lot safer – a double-barrel shotgun – than the assault weapon somebody’s hands who doesn’t know how to use it,” Biden said. “You know, it’s harder to use an assault weapon and hit something than it is to use a shotgun, ok? So if you want to keep people away in an earthquake, buy some shotgun shells.”

Ya, Bidens right, if the target is within 100 yards, anything over that and a shotgun is pretty useless
    “Doomsday preppers” are described as individuals who prepare for societal collapse due to natural, economic or wartime disasters by stocking up weapons, food and other supplies.

During the discussion, Biden also explained his views on the Second Amendment being that individuals have the right to own a weapon for self-defense, hunting and recreational shooting. However, he said he didn’t believe the right is extended to automatic weapons.

“Just as you don’t have an individual right to go and buy an F-15 if you’re a billionaire with ordnances on it, just like you don’t have a right to buy an M1 tank, just like you don’t have a right to buy an automatic weapon, those judgments have been made that there is no societal, no reasonable societal justification or constitutional justification for owning them,” Biden explained.

again, Biden is correct, The 1938 weapons act outlawed ALL AUTOMATIC WEAPONS. (there is a method to own an automatic weapon, it requires a very strict ATF background check that must be renewed every year and a "$200 tax stamp for each weapon" )

Biden admitted that new gun safety laws won’t solve all crime, but feels that large-round magazines simply aren’t necessary.
    so basically, he doesn't give a rats butt what the law says, "He feels" they aren't necessary regardless of the fact that law abiding citizens don't go around killing people wholesale
    BEING AN ADULT

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    My question is...if you guys really believe that Obama is the equivalent to Hitler then why are you still here?

You are either very dumb, or you are blowing smoke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    Unlike you chicken hearted afraid of gun liberals, we are actually willing to give our lives for our country as may be necessary. You would not understand that. My father and grandfather both war vets would and some of us who actually understand the value of freedom do. We don't run, we resist, defend and die if necessary.

Why am I not suprised that you would ask that question? It says a great deal about who you really are.
    Freedom is something that requires activity... one cannot just enjoy it without actively maintaining it. Reason is: Folks tend to take advantage of others... just human nature. There has to be the rule of law to define boundaries; to define what is right and wrong... what is acceptable and unacceptable... and what consequences one will suffer if they step over the line. And for that... a govt is needed. Problem is... as soon as folks get into power... they become drunk with the corruption that power brings (there are a small few exceptions now and then... maybe 1-2% of elected folks).

So govt is a necessary evil... one that MUST be contained and controlled by the citizens.... or the citizens loose their freedom. All of history... folks have tried to figure out a better system... they ALL failed. Freedom requires maintenance, it requires sacrifice, it requires work, and sometimes it requires the ultimate sacrifice (life).
    There is a parallel to this in Scripture (the Bible); Jesus Christ literally volunteered to die for the sins of the world... to set us free. Anyone who is interested in what I just said... I will post an explanation with numerous Scriptures to back it up.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

be afraid, these clowns ARE COMING for ALL your firearms:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=BvnGUgyOVyk#!
    BEING AN ADULT

One things for sure...it wont be the 2nd amendment people sacraficing their lives in america..... their plan is to high tail it out of here with their cash and I guess come back when the danger is over.........lol

Feet... I beseech you......do not fail me now.... as I run screaming from this great nation like a little girl.......a nation I am willing to sacrafice myself for .... as long as it doesnt result in any negativity coming my way....

He actually said that

this is IPSC (USPSA) shooting, this kid is 6 years old. Not bad for a little guy:

BEING AN ADULT

Does this make sense to anyone besides me?

Found this on Facebook and thought it was a good comparison.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    actually, devaluing the dollar would be monumentally bad. If your a U.S. Bond holder (like China) and your investment of 30 trillions dollars were cut to say, 750 billion dollars over night, how mad would you be.

Nothing good would come from devaluing the dollar at this time, unless your goal is to destroy the world economy.
    Well... seems my study of history suggests what you speak of is similar to what the USA did to Japan in the early 1980's. And Japan has yet to recover from it... The USA more or less can pull the (economic) puppet strings and Japan does not have much choice than to dance. Why would China be any different?

Personally... I do not think China has the military strength to take down the USA... We all know what a Carrier group can do if they are unleashed. And I think after all the sabre rattling... so does China.
    Now if the USA citizenry is disarmed.... all bets are off. The thing any conqueror fears the most is gorilla/insurgent (they called it underground in WW2) activity (might remember gorilla warfare cost us VietNam... and insurgency cost us Iraq/Afgan). This 'resistance' is what determines the outcome of an invading army... rather than who has the biggest guns.
    Now lets leave that macho talk behind for a minute.

The US economy is emerging (albeit slowly) form the ashes... the rest of the world is going into the toilet. There is NO better time for the USA to re-assert itself and regain world dominance economically. Here is how GA thinks it will go down:

"Buy American" will become a catch-phrase... mom/pop shops will become popular again. Big stores will have some American stuff... and some imported stuff. The result will be not cutting China off... just bleeding them.
    Starting a war over the bonds... well that would be cutting off your face to spite your nose... and even China is not that stupid.

IMO; devaluation is coming... along with price inflation and higher interest rates. Best plan for it.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

What would be funny is if some kid in the army gets his orders to go grab some guns......and he ends up back in his own neighborhood...at his own parents house..... and his daddy refuses to hand over his guns.......and his son has to end up cracking open his own daddys noggin with a rifle butt.... but not an M-16 rifle butt...... you whack someone in the head with the butt of an m-16 and you are probably going to render it useless..... I suppose they could issue shotguns......or possibly m1s or m2s.... or m1as to use as head butting weapons......

Butt anyhow.....lol

that would be funny.....

"Daddy, Im here for our family guns....hand them over now or we will raze the house and just cart the whole thing to the smelters."

He actually said that

Quote Originally Posted by kls-ccc View Post
    Found this on Facebook and thought it was a good comparison.

Right On! Exactly what the liberals are attempting to do. My firearms and those of my neighbors pose no threat to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    I'm pretty sure it doesn't work that way.

If I have 100 dollars and the value of the dollar drops by 50%...my 100 dollars still have the same buying power because every dollar lost value not just mine.
    Might want to study the economic law of supply and demand...

When there are more $$$'s chasing fewer goods... the price goes down...
    When there are fewer $$$'s chasing more goods, the price goes up.

And it works both ways...
    When demand goes down... so does the price
    When demand goes up... so does the price
    Both demand statements are relevant to supply.

Yeah, it is a mind game for a while until one thinks it out.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Here is a scenario for you highly trained and trusted CCW guys that insist on being able to take any life around you with a flick of a finger.

It’s late at night and you are walking down the street. You approach an ally and see a guy holding a gun on another person apparently robbing him. You take cover behind a wall, draw your weapon and aim it at the gunman.

At this moment you have to make the judgment call whether the gunman has intensions of shooting the victim or whether the gunman is just using his gun to get the victim to comply. I think I know what a policeman would do at that moment but what would you highly trained, superior to policeman guys do?

Page 161 of 255 FirstFirst ... 61111151154155156157158159160161162163164165166167168171211 ... LastLast