Page 16 of 255 FirstFirst ... 6910111213141516171819202122232666116 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    I tend to agree... someone that does not like guns is not much help.

Should be voluntary... and I think it would not take much to find a handful at each school willing to volunteer.
    Again, who is carrying should not be advertized. Fear of the unknown works well for this situation.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    I will agree that any person with children in the home should have the means to secure the weapon(s)

If the weapons are stolen or used inappropriately the parents should be held liable
    Agreed. If you are going to own weapons, you should take full responsibility for what those weapons are capable of in any situation.

I too am for proper gun training, and for continuous gun training and practice. If we are going to take the responsibility of carrying or having a gun for protection, then we need to take full responsibility for actions that can be taken with those guns. Besides, I can guarantee that anyone who goes through a practice run of being assaulted and defending themselves, at least monthly, will simply not be someone who ever even gets themselves into a situation where they must do so. Awareness is a key factor for a responsible gun owner.

someone getting 4 grand for an ar-15 type gun

That in the area of being able to buy a used CNC mill, then unlimited personal 'not for sale' firearms for the price of the metal?

reasons? Probably a few dozen in Oregon the week before the CT killings. Psycho opened fire in a mall, permit owner nearby drew on him and the pervert shot himself rather than fight, no other mall patrons shot - deterence of pyschotic cowards is a reason all by itself. The psycho in the mall would not have even thrown a first rock if he saw everyone else with a rock, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by mcjo tech View Post
    Lets deal with the reality of the situation gun owners are now forced into.

You can either compromise and even though it may not do anything to help the situation it will put you in a better position.

Come out and say that although you feel more gun regulation will not help you are not opposed to "some" modifications on regulations to purchase a semi automatic weapon which may include some of what has been discussed here.

OR................. you can continue to not give an inch and in time there will be enough pressure and votes to ban them completely.

It really is your choice.

IMO giving in to some small compromise is the prudent position to take.

Whether or not the NRA and its members are willing or smart enough to do so is yet to be determined.

The ball literally is in your court.

So just continuing to expound that such ideas will "not change anything" is not going to help your cause.

Do so if you wish but the reality is stricter gun laws are going to be enacted sooner rather then later.
    How about you and those like you compromise by saying you will stop trying to dictate every move made by Americans? Leftists with your fascist attitude truly believe that as long as you keep bullying everyone you will eventually eat away at our rights little by little until we under a complete Fascist state. No thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post
    I feel like I've stepped into the twilight zone. Compromise on both sides of the isle and everybody playing nicety nice today!?.....must be Christmas or something.
    I don't celebrate Christmas and I'm not compromising on attacks of my basic Constitutional rights...

Otherwise, I hope all of you are enjoying your day for whatever means you believe in...or not. I am just grateful that I am hitting the end of a really bad head and chest cold so I can be top notch for going back to work tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Agreed. If you are going to own weapons, you should take full responsibility for what those weapons are capable of in any situation.

I too am for proper gun training, and for continuous gun training and practice. If we are going to take the responsibility of carrying or having a gun for protection, then we need to take full responsibility for actions that can be taken with those guns. Besides, I can guarantee that anyone who goes through a practice run of being assaulted and defending themselves, at least monthly, will simply not be someone who ever even gets themselves into a situation where they must do so. Awareness is a key factor for a responsible gun owner.
    You are not suggesting monthly gun training requirements.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

I don't celebrate Christmas and I'm not compromising on attacks of my basic Constitutional rights...

Otherwise, I hope all of you are enjoying your day for whatever means you believe in...or not. I am just grateful that I am hitting the end of a really bad head and chest cold so I can be top notch for going back to work tomorrow.
    Happy Quanzi Robo.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

How about you and those like you compromise by saying you will stop trying to dictate every move made by Americans? Leftists with your fascist attitude truly believe that as long as you keep bullying everyone you will eventually eat away at our rights little by little until we under a complete Fascist state. No thanks!
    Get your guys elected and stop whinning.

Just the way it works.

If your guys were in they would be pushing their agenda.

What part of that is so hard to understand?

Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    You are not suggesting monthly gun training requirements.
    I don't want any "requirements" at all. I am however suggesting that in order to be responsible citizens with guns, that monthly minimum shooting practices and/or training is a good way to stay responsible as gun owners.

Gun ownership needs to remain completely voluntary. Those of us who decide to be gun owners should at least take the responsibility of being good gun owners by keeping gun safety and gun handling up to date in our minds and our active lives. Otherwise, gun owners tend to not be aware of where their guns and ammo are, or what exactly to do with them in an emergency.

Quote Originally Posted by mcjo tech View Post
    Get your guys elected and stop whinning.

Just the way it works.

If your guys were in they would be pushing their agenda.

What part of that is so hard to understand?
    Unlike you, I prefer to think of us as united, not some seperated "your guys and my guys". Only leftists prefer to keep citizens divided in order to take control of keeping us under government regulations.

I prefer that the president be for all of us, which our current president is absolutely not. There has been a competition between us and them for way too long, and right now, the winner of that competition is out to keep Americans divided and in need of government. That is a recipe for revolution, always has been, always will be. Just look at the histories of other nations that have gone the way the U.S. is currently going, and you will see that every one of them ended in revolt.

Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    Happy Quanzi Robo.
    I don't celebrate anything other than what Jesus Christ celebrated, and then I'm not real good at keeping to those celebrations as I feel I should be. Holidays have completely lost their origins from holy days. Most of today's holidays are promoted strictly for commercial gain and are actually more of a distraction from the holy beliefs they were originally meant to enhance.

Besides, taking days off in the middle of the week just screws me up.

Unlike you, I prefer to think of us as united, not some seperated "your guys and my guys". Only leftists prefer to keep citizens divided in order to take control of keeping us under government regulations.

I prefer that the president be for all of us, which our current president is absolutely not. There has been a competition between us and them for way too long, and right now, the winner of that competition is out to keep Americans divided and in need of government. That is a recipe for revolution, always has been, always will be. Just look at the histories of other nations that have gone the way the U.S. is currently going, and you will see that every one of them ended in revolt.
    OK whatever.

Isn't worth arguing with you about anything anyway.

We all know you are never wrong.

Except when you are wrong but even then you will never admit it.

I don't want any "requirements" at all. I am however suggesting that in order to be responsible citizens with guns, that monthly minimum shooting practices and/or training is a good way to stay responsible as gun owners.

Gun ownership needs to remain completely voluntary. Those of us who decide to be gun owners should at least take the responsibility of being good gun owners by keeping gun safety and gun handling up to date in our minds and our active lives. Otherwise, gun owners tend to not be aware of where their guns and ammo are, or what exactly to do with them in an emergency.
    Im a competition shooter and I shoot once a week. I shoot USPSC on Wednesday night. rounds can be from 50 to 100 rounds depending on what stage they set up.

so far this year I have a little over 6000 rounds down range (includes practice time)

thats why I reload, otherwise this hobby would be far to expensive.
    BEING AN ADULT

is the dumbest thing I have ever done

Page 16 of 255 FirstFirst ... 6910111213141516171819202122232666116 ... LastLast