Page 157 of 216 FirstFirst ... 57107147150151152153154155156157158159160161162163164167207 ... LastLast
Results 2,029 to 2,041 of 2796
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    Just as you think your experiences are more valid than mine. But don't forget that you still belong to a very minority class that feels a need to carry.

And nobody will ever come knocking on my door asking for my 10/22.
    ya, just as long as your NOT goofy enough to move to NY, you gun is now considered an ASSAULT RIFLE..

congrats, your part of the minority now HAHAHAHAHA.

ain't so funny anymore is it.
    "Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

There is no doubt in my mind who the fear-filled cowards and wanna-be heroes are.

To say it is your Right to be able to take any life around you with a flick of a finger is something I'll never agree with. Humans are not stable enough, emotionally mature enough or spiritually developed enough to be given that Right.

I'm referring to CCW, not home protection, for those that want to twist what I say.
    your still assuming a CCW holder is out LOOKING to cause trouble or get into trouble just so we have an opportunity to kill someone. I carry a gun not to cause trouble or kill someone, rather I carry because I want to be left alone.

Oddly enough, you apparently have no problem with killing someone that breaks into your home? or your garage, or maybe your castle (see where this is going)

Where ever I am, THAT is my castle. The area around me, the car/truck Im driving is my castle. If you want to be Reginald Denny, thats your business, it;s your life....do whatever you feel necessary, but don't sit behind your keyboard in mommies basement and tell the rest of us our only goal in life is to kill someone. NOTHING could be further from the truth. And I suspect you know that. Your just to stubborn to admit you agree when your ideologies collide.
    Last edited by jmac00; 01-24-2013 at 03:39 PM. Reason: correction of many spelling errors
    "Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

... I don't even know where my pistol permit IS. Now we need to renew every 5 years?

Seems an expensive and ineffective approach to "control" except in that it shows politicians are "doing something".

Seems a bit like our American approach of trying to clean up exhaust at the tailpipe, instead of addressing it at the refinery like they do in Europe.
    Which makes more sense to you?
    CONSERVATION - turning your thermostat back and being uncomfortable. Maybe saving 5-10%
    ENERGY EFFICIENCY - leaving your thermostat where everyone is comfortable. Saving 30-70%

DO THE NUMBERS! Step on a HOMESCALE.
    What is comfort? Well, it AIN'T just TEMPERATURE!

Energy Obese? An audit is the next step - go to BPI.org, or RESNET, and find an auditor near you.

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    your still assuming a CCW holder is out LOOKING to cause trouble or get into trouble just so we have an opportunity to kill someone. I carry a gun not to cause trouble or kill someone, rather I carry because I want to be left alone.

Oddly enough, you apparently have no problem with killing someone that breaks into your home? or your garage, or maybe your castle (see where this is going)

Where ever I am, THAT is my castle. The area around me, the car/truck Im driving is my castle. If you want to be Reginald Denny, thats your business, it;s your life....do whatever you feel necessary, but don't sit behind your keyboard in mommies basement and tell the rest of us our only goal in life is to kill someone. NOTHING could be further from the truth. And I suspect you know that. Your just to stubborn to admit you agree when your ideologies collide.
    When you are standing near me your "castle" does not extend into my space!

I never said your goal is to kill people, I said you are so fear-filled that you insist on having the ABILITY to kill anyone around you with a flick of the finger.

You heavily blur the lines between ‘owning any gun, carrying a concealed gun and owning certain types of guns’. You do understand they are three completely different subjects?
    Only in YOUR mind, Brian.

The Second Amendment states "to KEEP and BEAR arms"

The right is one and the same and is all inclusive.

As for my 10/22, I don’t mind renaming it an 8/22. But as we all know, we will be able to keep what we currently have.
    SURE you will.

You'll just have to:

Be fingerprinted, background checked, and photographed like a criminal.
    Pay a $200 per weapon tax.

Also, and THIS is the tricksy part of the DiFi legislation,

You will NEVER be able to transfer that weapon.

Not to a friend who is willing to go through that rigamarole, not to your wife, son, daughter, nephew or whatever.

NEVER.

Upon your death, that weapon is forfeit to the government and will be decommissioned and destroyed.

So, YES, Brian, they WILL come knocking on your door for your rifle, you'll just be dead so it won't matter to you.

At this point I need to point out that Brian is so intrenched in his position that he would rather lose his second amendment gun rights and win this argument than lose his argument!

Liberals are amazing. I on the other hand would live to be wrong on this issue and find out that the Second Amendment is alive and well and I can continue to own and use my firearms. I would be so happy to be wrong on this issue!!!! Please, please let me be wrong. The problem is, I am correct in that the Second Amendment is being destroyed without a Constitutitional Amendment and dopes like Brian would rather win an argument than perserve the Constitution Of The United States Of America.

You see, once any single one of the Bill Of Rights is wiped out without even an amendment, it's all over for the rest of the Constitution. If gun control were gone about correctly they would not be doing what they are doing, instead they would be amending the Constitution. Instead the liberals who have no actual respect for the document anyway just pass laws skirting the Constitution. They are EVIL! And, the major media is EVIL as they promote this direction. This is actually an amendment issue not a pass another law issue.

Hugh

When these Democrats took the oath of office and swore to uphold the constitution, they LIED! They are in my book clearly guilty of treason against the United States of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    At this point I need to point out that Brian is so intrenched in his position that he would rather lose his second amendment gun rights and win this argument than lose his argument!

Liberals are amazing. I on the other hand would live to be wrong on this issue and find out that the Second Amendment is alive and well and I can continue to own and use my firearms. I would be so happy to be wrong on this issue!!!! Please, please let me be wrong. The problem is, I am correct in that the Second Amendment is being destroyed without a Constitutitional Amendment and dopes like Brian would rather win an argument than perserve the Constitution Of The United States Of America.

You see, once any single one of the Bill Of Rights is wiped out without even an amendment, it's all over for the rest of the Constitution. If gun control were gone about correctly they would not be doing what they are doing, instead they would be amending the Constitution. Instead the liberals who have no actual respect for the document anyway just pass laws skirting the Constitution. They are EVIL! And, the major media is EVIL as they promote this direction. This is actually an amendment issue not a pass another law issue.

Hugh
    excellent observation, well said

When you are standing near me your "castle" does not extend into my space!

I never said your goal is to kill people, I said you are so fear-filled that you insist on having the ABILITY to kill anyone around you with a flick of the finger.
    you most certainly did.

To say it is your Right to be able to take any life around you with a flick of a finger
    what part of that is ambiguous? You made yourself and your position perfectly clear.

Your only argument in the debate is fear, YOUR fear.

Besides, why would I be
    fear-filled
    when I carry a gun?

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    SURE you will.

You'll just have to:

Be fingerprinted, background checked, and photographed like a criminal.
    Pay a $200 per weapon tax.

Also, and THIS is the tricky part of the DiFi legislation,

You will NEVER be able to transfer that weapon.

Not to a friend who is willing to go through that rigamarole, not to your wife, son, daughter, nephew or whatever.

NEVER.

Upon your death, that weapon is forfeit to the government and will be decommissioned and destroyed.

So, YES, Brian, they WILL come knocking on your door for your rifle, you'll just be dead so it won't matter to you.
    After I die they will come knocking on my door for more than that.

If all a gun maker has to do is reduce the size of the magazine then I would never be effected.

I like the idea of a gun tax on pistols and “assault rifles” but it should be much more than $200 and it should be strictly used for compensation for shooting victims. If you guys don’t want to secure your weapons and let them fall into the hands of criminals then you can pay for the damage they cause. Since pistols and “assault rifles” are designed to kill people then let those buyers pay up. If every handgun was worth $5,000 and up there wouldn’t be so many of them floating around. And maybe you’d learn to lock them up.

If all a gun maker has to do is reduce the size of the magazine then I would never be effected.

I like the idea of a gun tax on pistols and “assault rifles” but it should be much more than $200 and it should be strictly used for compensation for shooting victims. If you guys don’t want to secure your weapons and let them fall into the hands of criminals then you can pay for the damage they cause. Since pistols and “assault rifles” are designed to kill people then let those buyers pay up. If every handgun was worth $5,000 and up there wouldn’t be so many of them floating around. And maybe you’d learn to lock them up.
    Since your 10/22 is designed to kill people, Brian, I suggest that you take the time to read DiFi's proposed legislation.

Better tax alcohol to, say $1000 a bottle. you know, just to help pay for victims of DWI/Vehicular homicide

you should probably allow DWI victims to sue car manufactures to, after all they facilitated the driver.

Whats next? more people are killed with hammers and baseball bats, you should allow the victims families to sue Estwing and Louisville slugger to defray the costs......

Page 157 of 216 FirstFirst ... 57107147150151152153154155156157158159160161162163164167207 ... LastLast