Page 156 of 262 FirstFirst ... 56106146149150151152153154155156157158159160161162163166206256 ... LastLast
Results 2,016 to 2,028 of 3403
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    You heavily blur the lines between ‘owning any gun, carrying a concealed gun and owing certain types of guns’. You do understand they are three completely different subjects?
    Actually IMHO, I do not feel they are. Technically yes, but as a right, no.
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

And what you call "blur" I call define the right.

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    No, Brian, I do not think that my experiences are more valid than yours.

YOU are the one who is trying to project YOUR fears onto the rest of us.

YOU are the one who is afraid of other law abiding citizens carrying guns.

YOU are the one who wants to place restrictions on others.

I just want everyone to have their freedom to own the guns that they want to own.

That you cannot see the difference is very telling.
    You want to be able to kill anyone around you with the flick of a finger with CCW laws. You want guns that specialize in killing multiple people fast and efficiently legalized to the public. And you say your wants are not generated from fear?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    You want to be able to kill anyone around you with the flick of a finger with CCW laws. You want guns that specialize in killing multiple people fast and efficiently legalized to the public. And you say your wants are not generated from fear?
    Keep spinning!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ControlsInMT View Post
    Actually IMHO, I do not feel they are. Technically yes, but as a right, no.
    Then allow me to separate those blurred lines.

Trying to look at this objectively, it appears each person's life experience as well as current residence have the greatest influence on their beliefs. Those that have had the unfortunate experience with criminals believe strongly in CCW. Those that live or frequently visit rural areas understand the need and want for all guns. Those that live in concrete jungles do not understand the need or want to own guns.

I would admit, if I was raised in the city and continued to live there all of my life (and never had a run in with "bad guys"), I might not understand the desire to own a gun. However, I would never want to take that right away from law abiding citizens. It would be a personal choice. Same as why I drive a 4-wheel drive truck. If I lived in the city I probably would not and would be more likely to own some little compact car.

What is troubling is why so many people think they should be able to take rights away from others.
    Not all people that have had run-ins with criminals back CCW allowances.

Not all people that live in rural areas support the need for “assault rifles” to be legal.

City dwellers do not want to outlaw all guns in the home. They appear to not want CCW.

People that live in the city probably have more run-in with “bad guys” than people in rural areas.

It isn’t the same as choosing a 4-wheel drive vs. 2-wheel drive car. It’s more like wanting the right to drive a dragster vs. driving a corolla.

Round and round we go....where we stop on Brian knows.....

Round and round we go....where we stop on Brian knows.....
    As the Black folks would say, "just trying to keep it real".

Now you want to make it racial???

Just kidding!

So, let me get this straight.
    Brian's keeping his "illegal" 10/22 which BTW- holds 10 rounds & wants us to give up our guns & rights?

I'm betting Brian is a closet survivalist poster.
    Come on Brian- what's your screen name over there?

http://www.survivalistboards.com/sho...d.php?t=192734

Quote Originally Posted by precision hvac View Post
    So, let me get this straight.
    Brian's keeping his "illegal" 10/22 which BTW- holds 10 rounds & wants us to give up our guns & rights?

I'm betting Brian is a closet survivalist poster.
    Come on Brian- what's your screen name over there?

http://www.survivalistboards.com/sho...d.php?t=192734
    No survivalist here. I say take me out with the first big blast. Who wants to live around millions of dead bodies? I have more fear of our politicians than I do of nukes.

As for my 10/22, I don’t mind renaming it an 8/22. But as we all know, we will be able to keep what we currently have.

Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post
    Dude....you keep tossing a ping pong ball in the toilet bowl and flushing it expecting the ball to swirl in the opposite direction of the vortex. But I do admire your tenacity....I think.
    True, except for the fact that Brian is not a white ping pong ball..
    Some "things" just don't flush as there is no substance to them...

Shouldnt the anti gun crowd have the right to walk the streets and public places without having to fear some yahoo wanna be cop killing them over something like walking thru a neighborhood with a soda and a bag of candy....or listening to loud music....

Shouldnt a person be able to go out in public to the stores and such without worrying about some pencil ****** wanna be yahoo cop gunning them down when some creep starts some trouble and the pencil ****** wanna be yahoo decides to turn commando and starts firing wildly....possibly shaking so bad from buck fever that his bullets are just going in random directions....or the guy is in reality a coward at heart and he starts shooting behind him as he is running from the scene......trampling little old ladies and children who get in front of him.....

Rights really mean nothing in this country.... you have a right to something as long as the pols and the courts are convinced by a majority of the people to grant you that right.

There are people that I know in real life.....and at least one person ** **** that.... if there was a situation where a bad guy with a gun was threatening harm.......and one of these folks whipped one out to respond........and I was armed.....

Id put one in the side or back of their head before I even thought about killing the perp.......cause it would probably save more lives.

You would be surprised what kind of mentally deficient bozos can get a couple of personal references and sit thru a saturday without being found out for what they truly are....... maniacs in the waiting.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

There is no doubt in my mind who the fear-filled cowards and wanna-be heroes are.

To say it is your Right to be able to take any life around you with a flick of a finger is something I'll never agree with. Humans are not stable enough, emotionally mature enough or spiritually developed enough to be given that Right.

I'm referring to CCW, not home protection, for those that want to twist what I say.

Page 156 of 262 FirstFirst ... 56106146149150151152153154155156157158159160161162163166206256 ... LastLast