Page 155 of 255 FirstFirst ... 55105145148149150151152153154155156157158159160161162165205 ... LastLast
Results 2,003 to 2,015 of 3305
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    It is interesting to note that the anti-gun bleeding heart liberals often secretly own guns.
    Confusing isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    Just as you think your experiences are more valid than mine. But don't forget that you still belong to a very minority class that feels a need to carry.

And nobody will ever come knocking on my door asking for my 10/22.
    Brian,

You are not paying attention to the proposed gun laws. Your 10/22 falls directly on the list of several of the proposals for elimination.

Those who beat their swords into plowshares will find themselves plowing for those who kept their guns. Gun control works in favor of those who keep their guns!

Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    Has the world really deteriorated this far?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/01/23...gun-at-school/

A Philadelphia elementary school student was scolded and searched by administrators in front of her entire class after she pulled out a paper gun in class last week, according to her mother.

Melody Valentin's mother, Dianna Kelly, tells Fox 29 that school officials went too far when they reportedly punished her daughter for pulling out the gun, which she says looks like a folded sheet of paper.

Fox 29 reports that one of the fifth grader's classmates reportedly saw the paper gun and notified administrators as she was going to throw it away.

"He yelled at me and said I shouldn't have brought the gun to school and I kept telling him it was a paper gun but he wouldn't listen," Melody tells Fox 29.

Kelly says school staff searched her daughter while other students watched.

The gun was made by Melody's grandfather, according to Kelly, who says her daughter has suffered nightmares as a result of the incident.

Kelly says she is keeping Melody out of school to avoid harassment. Calls made by FOX 29 to district administrators were not returned.
    Wow thats just dumb. I remember back in grade 6 I had to do a book report and found a book about a boy (about 14 or so) that volunteered himself to fight in a war (cant remember which one I think he was part of a resistance movement around WW1). Long story short the boy gets captured by enemy troops and two of them want to kill him and one wants to save him. He ends up getting away and the two soldiers end up killing the one that helped the boy get away.

We had to do a visual presentation and I brought in a piece of glue board from an old wood working project. It was L shaped so I cut one length down to look like a rifle butt and coloured it black and brown. It looked like a Nintendo blaster if they had made it into a rifle. I brought it in and actually got about a 90 something on the project.

If I did that today I would have probably been taken down by a SWAT team. And then I would have been expelled, and given a criminal record.

Heck the stupid thing went right into the garbage when the project was done. Teacher even broke it in half.

I remember when me and other kids would play with cap guns right on the streets on our bikes. Cant do that anymore either.

Furthermore, I got my first pellet rifle around the same time. Worst thing that ever happened to me? Pellet ricocheted off an old pot lid I was using as a target and hit my shin. I used to just find old stuff in the recycling bin and put some holes in it. Since it was in my back yard I used to check my neighbours yards to make sure they werent out there and possibly down range from me.

Once we had a rabbid squirrel try and take over our yard. He was attacking birds at our bird feeder and tried to bite the family dog. We couldnt let the dog out to water the lawn so my mom asked if I could fixed the problem. I was about 13 or so at the time. I got the creature. And felt bad about it for a week. I never shot at anything living again.

People have no common sense anymore. If they would only stop and look at the whole picture for a minute.
    Get money, get paid.

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    It amazes me that libbies will spew out their hatred for a news outlet like Fox News without showing us why they believe that Fox News information is not accurate. If the information is accurate, just what is it that would cause libbies to "hate" a news outlet?

My guess is that libbies hate hearing the truth.
    So people can spew hate blindly about the Islamic religion....but turn around and watch news that is partially controlled by a person of Islamic faith? Makes sense

Tell me something robo...is it not you that claims to want individual responsibility and freedoms? If so you are a "Libbie".

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    So people can spew hate blindly about the Islamic religion....but turn around and watch news that is partially controlled by a person of Islamic faith? Makes sense

Tell me something robo...is it not you that claims to want individual responsibility and freedoms? If so you are a "Libbie".
    In many ways, I am quite liberal minded. In many ways, I am quite conservative. In most ways, I can understand many points of view and may decide not to fully support or condemn any of them, but rather take advantage of being able to broaden my experiences by immersing myself in each viewpoint.

Then again, I consider myself a modern Renaissance man. I have no problem defending my property and life and the lifes of my loved ones with brutal and violent deadly force. Afterward, I may want to get together with others to sing Another One Bites the Dust or something equally as appropriate.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    ya, except the NRA has nothing to do with it,
    and Mr Kleck is a well respected criminologist.
    And the BATF statistic are irrefutable, you have Liberal biased anti-gun groups trying desperately to justify a unsupportable position.

I could see where you'd be frustrated
    Kleck well respected? Maybe in NRA circles where invalid works of this nature are circulated and believed without question.

Kleck's work receives little if any respect in academic and professional areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    It is interesting to note that the anti-gun bleeding heart liberals often secretly own guns. Betcha that is the case in this very thread! Ya see, the real deal is that they want to own them but don't want others to have them.
    I own two handguns and a shotgun. I have no problem with others owning guns.

So much for that myth.

Real Americans actually promote the second amendment for all of us to equally enjoy.
    Real Americans realize that owning firearms, like the other constitutional rights, is not unlimited and is subject to regulation.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    Just as you think your experiences are more valid than mine. But don't forget that you still belong to a very minority class that feels a need to carry.

And nobody will ever come knocking on my door asking for my 10/22.
    No, Brian, I do not think that my experiences are more valid than yours.

YOU are the one who is trying to project YOUR fears onto the rest of us.

YOU are the one who is afraid of other law abiding citizens carrying guns.

YOU are the one who wants to place restrictions on others.

I just want everyone to have their freedom to own the guns that they want to own.

That you cannot see the difference is very telling.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...,3219328.story

Just for Brian,those evil guns in the hands of crazy people.
    The black killing machines will reek havoc and death to all.

If the school board had their way,they would spend the money on solar powered flashing gun free school zone signs every 100 feet,in a two mile radius.
    FEN

Trying to look at this objectively, it appears each person's life experience as well as current residence have the greatest influence on their beliefs. Those that have had the unfortunate experience with criminals believe strongly in CCW. Those that live or frequently visit rural areas understand the need and want for all guns. Those that live in concrete jungles do not understand the need or want to own guns.

I would admit, if I was raised in the city and continued to live there all of my life (and never had a run in with "bad guys"), I might not understand the desire to own a gun. However, I would never want to take that right away from law abiding citizens. It would be a personal choice. Same as why I drive a 4-wheel drive truck. If I lived in the city I probably would not and would be more likely to own some little compact car.

What is troubling is why so many people think they should be able to take rights away from others.
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    No, Brian, I do not think that my experiences are more valid than yours.

YOU are the one who is trying to project YOUR fears onto the rest of us.

YOU are the one who is afraid of other law abiding citizens carrying guns.

YOU are the one who wants to place restrictions on others.

I just want everyone to have their freedom to own the guns that they want to own.

That you cannot see the difference is very telling.
    Dude....you keep tossing a ping pong ball in the toilet bowl and flushing it expecting the ball to swirl in the opposite direction of the vortex. But I do admire your tenacity....I think.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Quote Originally Posted by ControlsInMT View Post
    Trying to look at this objectively, it appears each person's life experience as well as current residence have the greatest influence on their beliefs. Those that have had the unfortunate experience with criminals believe strongly in CCW. Those that live or frequently visit rural areas understand the need and want for all guns. Those that live in concrete jungles do not understand the need or want to own guns.

I would admit, if I was raised in the city and continued to live there all of my life (and never had a run in with "bad guys"), I might not understand the desire to own a gun. However, I would never want to take that right away from law abiding citizens. It would be a personal choice. Same as why I drive a 4-wheel drive truck. If I lived in the city I probably would not and would be more likely to own some little compact car.

What is troubling is why so many people think they should be able to take rights away from others.
    You heavily blur the lines between ‘owning any gun, carrying a concealed gun and owning certain types of guns’. You do understand they are three completely different subjects?

Page 155 of 255 FirstFirst ... 55105145148149150151152153154155156157158159160161162165205 ... LastLast