Page 153 of 255 FirstFirst ... 53103143146147148149150151152153154155156157158159160163203253 ... LastLast
Results 1,977 to 1,989 of 3305

This Just Isn't Right

Has the world really deteriorated this far?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/01/23...gun-at-school/

A Philadelphia elementary school student was scolded and searched by administrators in front of her entire class after she pulled out a paper gun in class last week, according to her mother.

Melody Valentin's mother, Dianna Kelly, tells Fox 29 that school officials went too far when they reportedly punished her daughter for pulling out the gun, which she says looks like a folded sheet of paper.

Fox 29 reports that one of the fifth grader's classmates reportedly saw the paper gun and notified administrators as she was going to throw it away.

"He yelled at me and said I shouldn't have brought the gun to school and I kept telling him it was a paper gun but he wouldn't listen," Melody tells Fox 29.

Kelly says school staff searched her daughter while other students watched.

The gun was made by Melody's grandfather, according to Kelly, who says her daughter has suffered nightmares as a result of the incident.

Kelly says she is keeping Melody out of school to avoid harassment. Calls made by FOX 29 to district administrators were not returned.

Brian needs some lipstick on his sphincter because that's where he's talking from. I think he's another instigator tossing out the dumbest flame bait he can find just to fire you guys up. Maybe Brian, Corny,Geer, Netsalt and Ace are all the same inmate?

And all this time I thought one of those names was nutsak. Reading really is fundamental, isn't it?

Now that is funny.

Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    Has the world really deteriorated this far?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/01/23...gun-at-school/

A Philadelphia elementary school student was scolded and searched by administrators in front of her entire class after she pulled out a paper gun in class last week, according to her mother.

Melody Valentin's mother, Dianna Kelly, tells Fox 29 that school officials went too far when they reportedly punished her daughter for pulling out the gun, which she says looks like a folded sheet of paper.

Fox 29 reports that one of the fifth grader's classmates reportedly saw the paper gun and notified administrators as she was going to throw it away.

"He yelled at me and said I shouldn't have brought the gun to school and I kept telling him it was a paper gun but he wouldn't listen," Melody tells Fox 29.

Kelly says school staff searched her daughter while other students watched.

The gun was made by Melody's grandfather, according to Kelly, who says her daughter has suffered nightmares as a result of the incident.

Kelly says she is keeping Melody out of school to avoid harassment. Calls made by FOX 29 to district administrators were not returned.
    Do you know who alwaleed bin talal is?

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    You mean the DOJ that allowed the Fast and Furious operation? That DOJ. Better go find your link's. Im sure you can make up any number you want. I choose these with verifiable facts. Look them up, we'll wait!!

Guns prevent an estimated 2.5 million crimes a year or 6,849 every day. Often the gun is never fired and no blood (including the criminal’s) is shed.

Targeting Guns, Dr. Gary Kleck, Criminologist, Florida State University

Every day 550 rapes, 1,100 murders, and 5,200 other violent crimes are prevented just by showing a gun. In less than 0.9% of these instances is the gun ever actually fired.
    National Crime Victimization Survey, 2000, Bureau of Justice Statistics, BATF estimates on handgun supply

Dr. Kleck has been regularly lied about, attacked personally and mocked but never proven wrong. Even the CDC has come up with very similar stats a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    Howyafigure, you never seem to leave the house.
    Hardly. I just back from skiing Mammoth for three days and went to Cancun last month for 9 days…a country you are probably too afraid to set foot in without your weaponry.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    Your life experiences that seem to validate your need to carry a gun are cancelled ten times over by my life experiences and the many more people that have NOT needed a gun to stay out of trouble. And I’m sure I live around just many bad guys as you do.
    I beg to differ Brian...

If you have not been in multiple circumstances where 'trouble found you'... when you were NOT looking... Well IMO you are not as experienced as you think you are.

Now if you want to live your entire life hiding behind the govt... that is your business... However that is NOT enough freedom for me.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    Do you know who alwaleed bin talal is?
    Yes I do. He still owes me a double sawbuck from school back in the 70's. I know he that,and a little extra disposable income he could part with too.

Hardly. I just back from skiing Mammoth for three days and went to Cancun last month for 9 days…a country you are probably too afraid to set foot in without your weaponry.
    Cancun is home to some of the meanest hombres in the world too. Weren't ya scared?

Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post

Yes I do. He still owes me a double sawbuck from school back in the 70's. I know he that,and a little extra disposable income he could part with too.
    Nice....just wondering if you trust him enough to get your news from him....but since you know the guy.

Your life experiences that seem to validate your need to carry a gun are cancelled ten times over by my life experiences and the many more people that have NOT needed a gun to stay out of trouble. And I’m sure I live around just many bad guys as you do.
    Because Brian's life is more REAL than anyone else's life.

His experiences are more valid than anyone elses.

So, in short, we should all just stop arguing and listen to Brian for the above listed reasons.

Your 10/22 is on the ban list, to, Brian. It's a deadly and nasty, naughty assault rifle.

You wanna go on a REAL vacation... Go to Carnival in Rio... Lessee how you do down there...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Page 153 of 255 FirstFirst ... 53103143146147148149150151152153154155156157158159160163203253 ... LastLast