Page 152 of 267 FirstFirst ... 52102142145146147148149150151152153154155156157158159162202252 ... LastLast
Results 1,964 to 1,976 of 3470
    Quote Originally Posted by ControlsInMT View Post
    I have to disagree. Have you ever been out hunting coyotes? Very effective and popular weapon for this.
    Do coyotes circle you and come in for the kill regardless of firing warning shots from any other type of gun? And if it is for long range shooting, how could it outperform any other type of rifle?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    Do coyotes circle you and come in for the kill regardless of firing warning shots from any other type of gun? And if it is for long range shooting, how could it outperform any other type of rifle?
    Nice try. Please don't try to put your bias on something it is obvious you know nothing about. What "works or is all that is needed" in your world doesn't fit everyone's world. Get off your high horse and come down to the real world.

Why would I fire a warning shot? I am trying to kill the varmit!
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    Cuomo is an idiot, he just ended any chance he had to run for President i 2016. Not only that he basically just told the rest of the country, "NY is closed for business"
    The Texas attorney general took out ads in NY papers, telling all NY gun owners they should relocate to Texas... and open invitation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by geerair View Post
    I'm certain they dream of the day when they can take potshots at those black helicopters.
    Hey, I have seen them flying over my Shroom Farm.

__________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    The Texas attorney general took out ads in NY papers, telling all NY gun owners they should relocate to Texas... and open invitation.
    Dude is rumored to be setting himself up to challenge Perry for the top slot in Texas. Burnishing his wingnut cred.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Hey, I have seen them flying over my Shroom Farm.

I've only seen them ferrying gun nuts to that big FEMA Camp outside of Terlingua.

Quote Originally Posted by ControlsInMT View Post
    Nice try. Please don't try to put your bias on something it is obvious you know nothing about. What "works or is all that is needed" in your world doesn't fit everyone's world. Get off your high horse and come down to the real world.

Why would I fire a warning shot? I am trying to kill the varmint!
    It’s nice you take pride in your coyote hunting skills and won’t divulge why a Bushmaster is best for the job. But I’ll take stab at why it prevails as the best gun for the job. You lure them into close proximity and use the nimbleness of the weapon to kill as many of them as you can before they can scatter?

There is something about the weapon I do know. It specializes in killing multiple people the same as coyotes. It is also a copycat weapon used by crazies in the most recent shootings. Finding another purpose for the weapon doesn’t mean it should be legal. If you want to kill more coyotes then bring more hunters along or put in a request to legalize bombs.

I have no objection with semi-automatic rifles. I even own one, a Ruger 10/22.

As much as you all would like to deny, rifles are designed for certain purposes. They are not all the same because bullets come out of the barrels. A Bushmaster type rifle is designed to kill people in close quarter combat. Sure you can plink with it or kill a rabbit or two but that is not its specialty.

holy crap? Unbelievable! OR

it's SPECIALTY IS; an excellent varmint rifle, It can kills Hogs out to 400 yards, and make multiple fast second and third shots, it's an excellent Coyote rifle again out 300-400 yards, or it's an excellent ground hog rifle. why do I own an AR style MODERN SPORTING RIFLE, because it IS the Lamborghini of firearms.

People that own those type guns can deny what inspired them to buy one but I say they bought it because they imagine or want to be prepared to kill people with it. Training to kill people when you are not in that line of work is also something I find a little sick. Relying on a gun rather than using good foresight and a can of mace is overkill IMO. I could be talking to or approaching somebody with my hand on a can of mace and outdraw any guntoter. Mace can also be used in more situations, preemptively without deadly consequences.

That has to be the stupidest remark yet. Your ignorance and supposition is boundless.

In that case, I train to kill people every Wednesday night (including tonight) when I go to my USPSA style competition at the gun club. And now that Im restricted by a draconian government, Im going to take up IDPA shooting on Tuesday night to (which is more real life killer training....oh boy I can't wait to kill someone)

And what line of work are you talking about??? The only people I know of that train to kill people would be the US Military. Are you suggesting the police train to kill??? are you saying Security guards are trained to kill.

Let me educate you, The police, security guards and citizens are train to SAVE LIVES, mostly our own and loved ones. We do NOT go looking for a fight. WE do everything in our power to avoid any trouble. Police don't carry a firearm to protect YOU, the carry a firearm to protect THEMSELVES

Americans use there firearms about 2.5 MILLION TIMES EACH YEAR, to protect ourselves and loved ones. Thats once every 13 seconds of everyday. 99% of the time with out a shot being fired and no blood is shed. MY GUN has saved me a lot of grief 4 separate times, only once did I actually have to brandish my weapon.

You can carry all the mace your want, but when your faced with multiple attackers/Gangbangers, you better pray you don't run out. Because when you do run out, and there still multiple attackers, throw the empty can at them and throw them the bird, because your about to either take a major beating or your simply going to die. Although from your ignorant comment, you shouldn't need anything to protect yourself, your clairvoyance, your foresight should keep you out of danger.....provided you never leave the house
    I only drink a little, but when I do
    I turn into another person and THAT person drinks a lot

ya, I saw it, did you actually read the AD, it's pretty funny.

"Come on down, no personal income tax, give you more money to buy ammo"

That just cracked me up. My son lives in Keller, I might have to move in with him for awhile LOL

holy crap? Unbelievable! OR

it's SPECIALTY IS; an excellent varmint rifle, It can kills Hogs out to 400 yards, and make multiple fast second and third shots, it's an excellent Coyote rifle again out 300-400 yards, or it's an excellent ground hog rifle. why do I own an AR style MODERN SPORTING RIFLE, because it IS the Lamborghini of firearms.

That has to be the stupidest remark yet. Your ignorance and supposition is boundless.

In that case, I train to kill people every Wednesday night (including tonight) when I go to my USPSA style competition at the gun club. And now that Im restricted by a draconian government, Im going to take up IDPA shooting on Tuesday night to (which is more real life killer training....oh boy I can't wait to kill someone)

And what line of work are you talking about??? The only people I know of that train to kill people would be the US Military. Are you suggesting the police train to kill??? are you saying Security guards are trained to kill.

Let me educate you, The police, security guards and citizens are train to SAVE LIVES, mostly our own and loved ones. We do NOT go looking for a fight. WE do everything in our power to avoid any trouble. Police don't carry a firearm to protect YOU, the carry a firearm to protect THEMSELVES

Americans use there firearms about 2.5 MILLION TIMES EACH YEAR, to protect ourselves and loved ones. Thats once every 13 seconds of everyday. 99% of the time with out a shot being fired and no blood is shed. MY GUN has saved me a lot of grief 4 separate times, only once did I actually have to brandish my weapon.

You can carry all the mace your want, but when your faced with multiple attackers/Gangbangers, you better pray you don't run out. Because when you do run out, and there still multiple attackers, throw the empty can at them and throw them the bird, because your about to either take a major beating or your simply going to die. Although from your ignorant comment, you shouldn't need anything to protect yourself, your clairvoyance, your foresight should keep you out of danger.....provided you never leave the house
    Your life experiences that seem to validate your need to carry a gun are cancelled ten times over by my life experiences and the many more people that have NOT needed a gun to stay out of trouble. And I’m sure I live around just many bad guys as you do.

Your life experiences that seem to validate your need to carry a gun are cancelled ten times over by my life experiences and the many more people that have NOT needed a gun to stay out of trouble. And I’m sure I live around just many bad guys as you do.
    Howyafigure, you never seem to leave the house.

e
    Americans use there firearms about 2.5 MILLION TIMES EACH YEAR, to protect ourselves and loved ones. Thats once every 13 seconds of everyday.
    Myth. The study on which this stat is based is severly flawed.

A study conducted by the U.S. Department of Justice during the same time period revealed the actual figure is 82,000.

Quote Originally Posted by geerair View Post
    eMyth. The study on which this stat is based is severly flawed.

A study conducted by the U.S. Department of Justice during the same time period revealed the actual figure is 82,000.
    You mean the DOJ that allowed the Fast and Furious operation? That DOJ. Better go find your link's. Im sure you can make up any number you want. I choose these with verifiable facts. Look them up, we'll wait!!

Guns prevent an estimated 2.5 million crimes a year or 6,849 every day. Often the gun is never fired and no blood (including the criminal’s) is shed.

Targeting Guns, Dr. Gary Kleck, Criminologist, Florida State University

Every day 550 rapes, 1,100 murders, and 5,200 other violent crimes are prevented just by showing a gun. In less than 0.9% of these instances is the gun ever actually fired.
    National Crime Victimization Survey, 2000, Bureau of Justice Statistics, BATF estimates on handgun supply

Page 152 of 267 FirstFirst ... 52102142145146147148149150151152153154155156157158159162202252 ... LastLast