Page 149 of 267 FirstFirst ... 4999139142143144145146147148149150151152153154155156159199249 ... LastLast
Results 1,925 to 1,937 of 3470
  1. #1925
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Woburn, MA
    Posts
    6,742
    In that case, Hugh, if you insist on making this argument based on potential fantasies based on an odd and incorrect view of history, then rest assured that your average American, even liberals, support the federal level right to own guns. I surely do.

    If individual places within this fine Republic bother you, you might consider what a Republic actually IS in the first place.

    In fact, I don't believe that I've made an actual argument either way. What I have done is to make some observations and ask some questions.

    Personally, I have had the recent thought of obtaining a gun myself, though it has nothing to do with Obama or fear of jack booted brown shirts taking my guns at gunpoint.

  2. #1926
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Rochester, NY, USA
    Posts
    14,360
    Quote Originally Posted by scrogdog View Post
    I'm not sure what a settling torch is.

    Perhaps you meant acetylene?
    ok I admit, when I read that, I started laughing so hard I was almost crying......damn, Im still chuckling

    thats funny
    LOVE has four letters

    So does BEER, DEER,GUNS AND FISH

  3. #1927
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,319
    Quote Originally Posted by scrogdog View Post
    In that case, Hugh, if you insist on making this argument based on potential fantasies based on an odd and incorrect view of history, then rest assured that your average American, even liberals, support the federal level right to own guns. I surely do.

    If individual places within this fine Republic bother you, you might consider what a Republic actually IS in the first place.

    In fact, I don't believe that I've made an actual argument either way. What I have done is to make some observations and ask some questions.

    Personally, I have had the recent thought of obtaining a gun myself, though it has nothing to do with Obama or fear of jack booted brown shirts taking my guns at gunpoint.
    You totally failed to address my example cities as evidence that they in actuallity want total gun bans.

  4. #1928
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Woburn, MA
    Posts
    6,742
    Hugh, that is what a Republic is all about. It is why we have state and local laws. If I don't like that they don't serve beer in Melrose I move to Stoneham.

    Right?

    Your argument about State laws have nothing at all to do with Federal law.

  5. #1929
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Rochester, NY, USA
    Posts
    14,360
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    Yes.

    How does a CCW holder know when a guy will pull a gun out in a school or mall until the moment he starts shooting and has already killed few people? Not until then can the CCW holder draw his gun to try to stop the second half of the carnage…that is if he isn’t hiding under a desk himself.

    To me that is ‘after the fact’. Securing weapons the same way we secure explosives, pharmaceuticals, military weaponry, highly dangerous construction equipment, etc, is a form of ‘before the fact’ solution.

    you seem to think that a CCW holder has a "job" to protect everyone in society. If I get into an active shooter situation my FIRST DUTY is to my family and myself. I have no other duty other than that.

    NO CCW holder (or even a Navy SEAL or LEO) will have a clue when there will be an active shooter until that person opens fire.

    If the opportunity arises and Im close enough, then I will try take out the bad guy. Other than that, Im headed for the exist.
    LOVE has four letters

    So does BEER, DEER,GUNS AND FISH

  6. #1930
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    S.E. Pa
    Posts
    6,227
    To illustrate some of their lack of logic consider this: If I take a 1911 .45ACP with a 7 shot mag, add a long barrel and buttstock, it magically becomes a possessed evil instrument with a mind of its own right out of a Steven King movie. These knuckleheads don't even understand the purposes of a pistol grip on a shoulder weapon:
    -tends to reduce muzzle climb during rapid firing, which allows for quicker re-acquisition of your sight picture
    -allows a comfortable way to carry the weapon with one hand where it can quickly be pointed at an enemy even from the hip such as holding your weapon on a perp. while waiting for the cops or brought up into battery because of two point contact (hand and inside of forearm). This can free up your other hand to use a telephone, flashlight, operate doors, reload, etc.
    -allows for better control when operating the charging handle on most weapons. This was one complaint of the BAR
    -allows operation of the safety without having to rotate the wrist as often required on many conventional shoulder arms
    -allows for a natural relaxed carry position with the muzzle pointing to the ground as opposed to nearly horizontal with a typical hunting rifle
    -allows the weapon to be brought up into battery without having to move your hand grip when carried with one hand
    -allows a natural grip with the hand whereas your typical rifle grip requires a more awkward rotation of the wrist
    -allows you to bring the weapon into battery with your elbow tucked by your side vs. rotated way up level with your shoulder

    Those issues are not the exclusive domain of warfare.

    Again, an illogical response to an emotional incident

  7. #1931
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Woburn, MA
    Posts
    6,742
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    ok I admit, when I read that, I started laughing so hard I was almost crying......damn, Im still chuckling

    thats funny
    Well at least *sometimes* my sense of humor is still good! Lol

  8. #1932
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,406
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post
    I seem to remember some here telling me I did not know what I was talking about when I made that claim.
    Well lessee... I have a friend I have talked to on and off for years... got to know him and find he usually is a straight arrow about stuff he experienced as a cop...
    Then we have this forum full of liberals pin-masters, PC wanna-bees, players who are here totally for sport, foreigners who do not understand our country yet think they can run it better than we can... (did I miss any other categories).

    Well I think I will believe my friend... It would appear credibility trumps hot air...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  9. #1933
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Woburn, MA
    Posts
    6,742
    Of course you missed a category.

    Infidels!

    I'm insulted.

  10. #1934
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,319
    Quote Originally Posted by scrogdog View Post
    Hugh, that is what a Republic is all about. It is why we have state and local laws. If I don't like that they don't serve beer in Melrose I move to Stoneham.

    Right?

    Your argument about State laws have nothing at all to do with Federal law.
    Those city laws are evidence of what the liberals want to accomplish for the entire country. Those same local officials (mayors) and Diane Fienstein are pushing for the same laws at the federal level.

    I already did move once (out of California) to avoid their anti-gun laws. Now they are pushing the same crap onto my new location but from the federal level.

  11. #1935
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Woburn, MA
    Posts
    6,742
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    Those city laws are evidence of what the liberals want to accomplish for the entire country. Those same local officials (mayors) and Diane Fienstein are pushing for the same laws at the federal level.

    I already did move once (out of California) to avoid their anti-gun laws. Now they are pushing the same crap onto my new location but from the federal level.
    I hear ya. I am, after all, a conservative living in MA.

    Well, that is their right. Think of it this way, it is better for the liberals to congregate in easily identified areas, like states, then to be mixed in with the sane folks.

    Federal law should be your concern. Should they try anything like that on the federal level, I will fight them with you.

    That won't happen, methinks.

  12. #1936
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,406
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post
    Oh good grief. Pay attention.
    He ain't got enough mental $$$ for that...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  13. #1937
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,406
    Quote Originally Posted by Paxton View Post
    History makes me want to own a gun. Several of them.
    Now THERE is a wise comment!
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

Page 149 of 267 FirstFirst ... 4999139142143144145146147148149150151152153154155156159199249 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event