Page 146 of 255 FirstFirst ... 4696136139140141142143144145146147148149150151152153156196246 ... LastLast
Results 1,886 to 1,898 of 3305
  1. #1886
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,176
    Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    back to sniffing the black powder or not

    LOL , wow, I honestly have no idea what you are talking about. Opium or something?

    We do not have opium in Texas, we do have snails.
    Black powder = gun powder?, if not then, Bollocked than one.

  2. #1887
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    7,708
    Quote Originally Posted by barbar View Post
    Black powder = gun powder?, if not then, Bollocked than one.
    Black powder isnt used in modern firearms..... smokeless powders today are a lot more chemically complex....
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

  3. #1888
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,021
    Quote Originally Posted by barbar View Post
    If a snail, slithered up your leg, it would be a week before you said.

    "OOOOOOH that was nice"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    back to sniffing the black powder or not

    LOL , wow, I honestly have no idea what you are talking about. Opium or something?

    We do not have opium in Texas, we do have snails.
    Gad zukes boy... we have a Geer JR in training...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  4. #1889
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    S.E. Pa
    Posts
    6,164
    http://www.youtube.com/embed/vsVCHE7ayPE?rel=0

    This is how the Left thinks every encounter with bad guys will go.

  5. #1890
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,021
    Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/embed/vsVCHE7ayPE?rel=0

    This is how the Left thinks every encounter with bad guys will go.
    Quite accurate... because the left has their own private body-gaurds... that is.. the left POLECATS do...

    Wonder if the left puppets (voters... the folks who vote for the left are indeed puppets) have even thought this far (yet)... Hope they have... because the perp is coming to a diner in your neighborhood... as soon as the guns are gone (from law abiding citizens that is).
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  6. #1891
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,176
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Gad zukes boy... we have a Geer JR in training...
    If training, is learning then always, I am no JR to anybody,

  7. #1892
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    831
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    What arrogance. If you can't support what you claim, your claims are worthless.
    http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/01...since-newtown/

    Fair enough.
    Get money, get paid.

  8. #1893
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    7,708
    zooks.... lol
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

  9. #1894
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    25,551
    Quote Originally Posted by RayD8630 View Post

    Nice to tug heartstrings with the tragic stories included, but I'm certain that a larger number by far of those gun related deaths are gang bangers shooting one another.


    The exact people that are LEAST likely to obey any new laws.

  10. #1895
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    7,708
    Ive been downloading storage wars episodes from you tube..... that way when these get deleted I can put them right back up there.

    Might grab some hells kitchen episodes too..... they are disappearing from you tube at an alarming rate.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

  11. #1896
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    831
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Nice to tug heartstrings with the tragic stories included, but I'm certain that a larger number by far of those gun related deaths are gang bangers shooting one another.


    The exact people that are LEAST likely to obey any new laws.
    Hence why I said that instead of putting money into taking guns away from responsible people, put money into stopping the gangbangers. Put education into place. Put laws in place that require those with guns to contain them responsibly. And punish them if they dont.

    Im not for guns being taken away. Im not for nothing being done.

    Its like going to a house/building/factory etc., etc,. on a service call. We find the problem and have two choices: a band aid fix that will cause more problems in the long run. Or fixing it right the first time. Yes, the second option is a lot larger and harder, but it will mean that the responsible people wont have to suffer at the hands of some dumb slim shady wannabees.

    And why will the band aid problem cause more problems? Well if citizens had to hand over their weapons and the only weapons that were left in the hands of gang bangers and the government what will happen? My only suggestion is avoid the 401 at rush hour when you move to Canada to escape the anarchy. If of course the borders are not closed due to martial law.
    Get money, get paid.

  12. #1897
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    831
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    Can you cite where you got your statistics from?

    'cause I got a boat load of facts that directly contradicts your statements....lets start HERE: http://americangunfacts.com/
    Because a site that is for "Taking Action Now" would not have any bias information what so ever. No. Never. Admittedly even my source has this disclaimer:

    The following data is likely incomplete as some news reports probably escaped the attention of @GunDeaths and its followers. Also, suicides, estimated to make up about 60% of gun deaths, typically go unreported.
    The sad truth is people cannot keep a straight face and give the facts at face value. They will always distort them to meet their own opinion or perception.

    Rather than debating whos facts are right or wrong, or whos opinion is right or wrong, it would do more to work towards a solution that keeps everyone happy.

    Of course, this is in a perfect world. And this world is far from perfect.
    Get money, get paid.

  13. #1898
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Rochester, NY, USA
    Posts
    14,287
    Quote Originally Posted by RayD8630 View Post
    The sad facts are, Firearm misuse causes only a small number of accidental deaths in the U.S*** For example, compared to being accidentally killed by a firearm, you are:
    • Five times more likely to burn to death
    • Five times more likely to drown
    • 17 times more likely to be poisoned
    • 17 times more likely to fall
    • And 68 times more likely to die in an automobile accident
    *** WISQARS Injury Mortality Report, Center for Disease Control, 2007


    Fact is: In 2007, there were only 54 accidental gun deaths for children under age 13. About 12 times as many children died from drowning during the same period.**
    **WISQARS Injury Mortality Report, Center for Disease Control, 2007

    Fact: In 2007, there were 999 drowning victims and 137 firearm-related accidental deaths from ages 1-19. Firearms outnumber pools by a factor of over 30:1. Thus, the risk of drowning in a pool is nearly 100 times higher than from a firearm-related accident for everyone, and nearly 500 times for children ages 0-5.**
    ** National Center for Health Statistics, and the National Spa and Pool Institute


    heres the thing, many people die in this country every second of every day. You will never prevent deaths, whether by firearm, swimming pools, suicide and oddly enough, by your doctor.

    Fact is: Medical mistakes kill 400,000 people per year** – the equivalent of almost three fully loaded Boeing 747 jet crashes per dayor about 286 times the rate of all accidental firearm deaths. This translates into 1 in 6 doctors causing an accidental death, and 1 in 56,666 gun owners doing the same.

    ** Medical death statistics, Gun deaths, Dr. David Lawrence, CEO Kaiser Permanente, CDC report 1993

    As sad as it is, children die every day. almost all of them are preventable. Are we seriously going to simply blame guns for the death of children?
    The Last four letters


    American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats


    any questions

Page 146 of 255 FirstFirst ... 4696136139140141142143144145146147148149150151152153156196246 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event